Thread: What's the big deal about Vikings?

What's the big deal about Vikings?

I know nothing about any of AKAs markers. What's up with them? They look bada$$ but what else? I am a pure mag guy of 2 years now. I have never seen any AKA gun in person.

Someone give me the scoop. How do they compare to a xmag or timmy?

fast shooting, efficient, eyes

theres all the higher end markers for ya

I've had the pleasure of shooting one. All I have to say, before that time, I didn't think much of them. But afterwards, I was quite impressed! They are easy to rip on. It definitely reminded me of the NYX and how easy it was to walk. At the time, it was definitely easier to walk than my 1.37 Emag. I hear they are really efficient on air. I'm not one to start up hype but from what's been said, it can shoot almost a case of paint off of one 68/4500 fill.

It was light and compact. I definitely felt comfortable with it. It also felt like a solid marker. If I could afford it, I'd definitely pick one up. Oh well, one of these days!

But for now, I'm more than satisfied with my Emags and the 4.0 monster that they are!
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

Im lookin for a 3rd marker and Vikings keep popong up a a good marker. A timmy is my next choice. Thanks for the info.

Anybody else?

I actually shot one today, for the first time with WAS at least. I think I will be ordering one soon, just ripped through a pod of absolut crap paint it impressed me, and they are efficient.

it is the same as most other highend guns, shoot them both before you decide,

by the way this is comming from a timmy and matrix owner.
    Team Exotic Elements

Got Ace?

AKA Markers are sweet.

I used to own an excal, the anno was tough as nails, and I never had one single problem with the gun. Of a 68/3k with a good paint/barrel match I'd get approx 1100 shots off.

yea man ....i hate those vikings.....they came from the north on their stupid longships looted my town and raped all of the women

Well, I used to consider them overpriced, but with every new "high end" marker pretty much costing over a grand these days it seems like a pretty good price for the performance and features.

AKA products are pretty sweet, and the efficiency is stellar.

I just wish they would just make a true featherlite, that has as much metal taken off as possible, no frilly stuff...

---Fred
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

The 04' cost about 890 fully loaded w/ eyes and razor trigger etc. The viking is just a great marker overall. Has a good break beam eye and WAS explains how easy it is to rip on...like timmys etc. Except they are built great and have a really good anno on it (strong).
    Germany's Most Wanted Balla is sponsored by:
    NXe Paintball
    Maxs Sport
    Tomahawk Paintballs

Though I didn't get to test fire it, I held one yesterday and just couldn't get a feel for it.

Something about the width I just couldn't make it fit. I've never held a marker where it felt that weird.

Really liked the looks of it though.

Dave
    Automag RTPRO
    LX

http://www.thescubatank.com

Feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93499&highlight=akscubainst

That's ok dave.....I'm sure you'll get a much better feel for it when You're looking at mine from the 'other' end!!!! :0

there nice I shot paintmagnets, and they are fast

Not to bash angels or anything but I'd get a viking over an angel.Yes Timmys are good too ,aswell as matrix.
    give me an inch..and ill take a yard...paintball is not a hobbie it's a way of life

and I would get a´n angel over a viking. Oh well. The only thing I like about the viking over the angel speed is 1) eyes (some have problems with the sensi), and 2) anno. The angel's anno leaves ALOT to want.

after owning an angel and playin with a feathelite viking id trade it n e day
    TEAM DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE
    dye matrix
    warped superman angel lcd

"tell the dead box i sent u...u'll get a group discount"

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125256 my feedback

Are they easy to work on? Internally is there another marker they are like?

Fast, reliable, eyes, LIFETIME warrenty, rock solid, very efficient.

the easier question is: What isnt the big deal about vikings

I own nothing but AKA markers. It's a family small company in Indiana so it's relatively local to you. If you go to PBnation (I know, it's pretty bad) get oonto the AKA forum, it's very much like AO in maturity level. AKA's master tech Dan (AuctionJunkie) is the moderator and doesn't tolerate trolls or flaming. I know there are AKA owners in your neck of the woods, they would also probably be willing to let you try one out. Always try a marker out before sinking money into it, you may not like the particular feel.

As for the Viking itself, I waited 6 months for a custom featherlite and it was totally worth the wait. Fast, reliable, very easy maintanence. If you go to a tourney that AKA is at they give 4 our familiarization classes for free too.

Ask this guy.

i love my viking.

its very easy to maintain, and is such a simple design.
    its easy to maintain, like the emags are.

but lets say, my emag is now my backup to the viking.

A while back I saw a tricked out viking done by Dan Bonebrake ...Man that was one sweet viking.Any thing that AKA sells is quality....

Besides too many peolpe own angels.It's good to be difrent
    that's my $ 0.02 including tax

Vikings are cool, they wear these awesome helmets with horns. They put potatoes on their horns when they aren't in battle to prevent poking the eyes of other fellow vikings, however I don't think I've seen a viking since Nam.

Yeah, that's right!

jayloo, if they ever Tyger ever decides to have another music video, or if CCP has another AO-Day, I'll let you shoot mine.
    I wish I wasn't broke....

Originally posted by ubooze
    jayloo, if they ever Tyger ever decides to have another music video, or if CCP has another AO-Day, I'll let you shoot mine.
    Thanks for the offer, where do you normally play?

Badlandz.... its just so damn cheap to play there. BUT I haven't been there in a while since I haven't had any means of transportation. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll have a car and my license.

Jayloo, they operate the same as Angels, Intimidators, Impulses, Tribals, Bushmasters, etc. Anyone of the above can perform the same with the right parts.

Personally I'd go with a Timmy smaller, lighter, and looks better.

They've got a lot of hype as of recent because their a small company and its been the "underground look at me im an intelligent paintballer" thing to do in the last couple months. Their good markers but the big auroa around them adds up to hype and just another passing (as we speak) fad.

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

Thing is, Vikings are much higher quality and are cheaper and are just plain mean.

But like always, you need to try them out. I have an 03 and I don't know how an 04 shoots, but you'll get the general idea.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=402209

That'll get you a general comparison, though it may ot may not be biased.

Weightwise, the difference will probably me minimal, unless you get a Naughty Dog or the newer Timmies. But your a big guy, so it don't matter.
    Timmies are much longer, but they are slimmer.

When it comes to looks, its all your opinion, but I have to say Vikings aren't exactly the sexiest beasts. But I'd rather have a Civic that runs like a McLaren then a McLaren that runs like a Civic. Get the idea?

Oh, and saying the Viking is built on hype and a passing fad would make saying the Timmy is the ultimate 'hype' produced gun a very accurate statement.

If you feel compeled to purchase a Timmy, make it one manike designed!
    Last edited by ubooze; 02-24-2004 at 10:44 PM.