Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New SP Patent...

New SP Patent...

http://www.flagpull.com

United States Patent :6,694,963 Taylor February 24, 2004

Touch trigger for electronic paintball gun

A paintball gun includes a touch-activated trigger system. The touch-activated trigger system preferably can cause the initiation of a firing operation of the paintball gun in response to contact with human flesh or a specialized glove.

Inventors: Taylor; Jeremy (Xenia, OH)
    Assignee: Smart Parts, Inc. (Latrobe, PA)
    Appl. No.: 384930
    Filed: March 6, 2003

SMART PARTS PATENTS ELECTRONIC SEAR TRIPPER
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...l&RS=paintball

omg .. how low can they go?

Where did the Old AO go?

I think they mean the idea of having sensors in the frame instead of a trigger, not any trigger.

Send your angel to www.theangelguy.com
    Theeeeerrre GREAT!

wow, thats sick! i dont know what to say

can sp be any gayier. where does this put us as far as are we goin to be seeing price increase's on guns?
    TEAM DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE
    dye matrix
    warped superman angel lcd

"tell the dead box i sent u...u'll get a group discount"

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125256 my feedback

good find P!

dammit! this is what I wanted to do!

"What is claimed is:

1. A touch-activated paintball gun, comprising:

a gun body;

a grip frame comprising a trigger and a grip, wherein the trigger comprises an electrical contact;

a gun control circuit; and

a touch trigger circuit comprising a switching mechanism, wherein the touch trigger circuit is configured to activate the switching mechanism in response to contact with the electrical contact of the trigger.

2. A paintball gun according to claim 1, further comprising a power source configured to supply power to the paintball gun control circuit and the touch trigger circuit.

3. A paintball gun according to claim 1, wherein the grip comprises an electrical contact connected to ground.

4. A paintball gun according to claim 3, wherein simultaneous contact between a user's hand and the electrical contact of the grip and between the user's hand and the electrical contact of the trigger activates the switching mechanism in the touch trigger circuit.

5. A paintball gun according to claim 4, wherein the switching mechanism is configured to control an operation of the paintball gun control circuit.

6. A paintball gun according to claim 5, wherein activation of the switching mechanism in the touch trigger circuit initiates a firing operation of the paintball gun.

7. A paintball gun according to claim 1, wherein the switching mechanism is a relay.

8. A paintball gun according to claim 1, wherein the trigger is fixed in place relative to the grip.

9. A paintball gun according to claim 8, wherein the electrical contact of the trigger comprises a touch plate.

10. A touch-activated trigger system for a paintball gun comprising:

a trigger comprising a touch plate;

a trigger circuit comprising a switching mechanism, wherein contact between a user's skin and the touch plate activates the switching mechanism of the trigger circuit; and

a paintball gun control circuit, wherein activation of the switching mechanism of the trigger circuit initiates an operation of the paintball gun control circuit.

11. A system according to claim 10, wherein the operation of the paintball gun control circuit is a firing operation of the paintball gun.

12. A system according to claim 10, further comprising a ground terminal; wherein simultaneous contact between the user's skin and both the touch plate and the ground terminal activates the switching mechanism of the trigger circuit.

13. A system according to claim 12, wherein the switching mechanism is a relay.

14. A system according to claim 12, wherein the ground terminal is arranged in a grip of the paintball gun.

15. A touch trigger circuit for a paintball gun, said circuit comprising:

a first electrical contact;

a power supply connection configured to receive power for the circuit; and

a switching mechanism configured to initiate an operation in a control circuit of a paintball gun, wherein contact between a user's skin and the first electrical contact is capable of activating the switching mechanism.

16. A circuit according to claim 15, further comprising a timing circuit.

17. A circuit according to claim 15, wherein the switching mechanism is a relay.

18. A circuit according to claim 15, further comprising a second electrical contact; wherein simultaneous contact between a user's skin and the first and second electrical contacts activates the switching mechanism.

19. A circuit according to claim 15, further comprising a sensor configured to sense a change in an electrical characteristic due to contact between the user's skin and the first electrical contact.

20. A circuit according to claim 19, wherein the circuit is configured to actuate the switching mechanism in response to detection by the sensor of contact between the user's skin and the first electrical contact."

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!? GUN BODY??? TRIGGER FRAME?!??!?!?!

These bastards, I honestly wouldnt blink if those bastards where run over or something. I honestly wouldnt stop if i were driving and he were walking across the street
    "Patent this, *******"

Unicorns are people too ...
    Old Narhwals are people too ...
    Grizzly Bears are people too ...
    Caterpillars are people too ...
    Baby Peacocks are people too ...
    lew "My hand was a little shaky and I released too soon."

Just because it's applied for doesn't mean squat. US Patent Office must find merit to the patent and make sure it doesn't infringe on someone elses patent.

Originally posted by 50 cal
    Just because it's applied for doesn't mean squat. US Patent Office must find merit to the patent and make sure it doesn't infringe on someone elses patent.
    It looks like it was filed last march and was granted today (2/24/04)

I almost had a heart attack. I didnt read for electronic guns, I thought they meant all guns. They are just trying to sue the same companies for more because of another patent "violation". I hate Sp.

This patent applies to Kingman, PMI, etc...

I still dont think they are going to win with BE. BE is so much bigger and can afford better lawyers.

"There is no justice like angry mob justice" Lets go get them! Seriously though, they have taken this wayyy too far. If they wanted money, the should not have gotten into paintball.

think TK would be in a better mood and happier with the paintball public if we burned SP to the ground. Then would you make us that uber gun you keep hinting at, please Tom? If we commit this one little class A (??) felony would you make us a (new) uber paintball gun - as if the mag isnt enough?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

but what if this stops tom from making his "new" gun
    does this apply to the HES sensor?
    this bites so much

personman Guest
    Hmm.. now we just have to find a way to use the electronic impulses in our brain to trigger a gun
    Shh.. dont tell SP!

They don't even make an electronic sear tripper, that is what is sad about it.
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

GO SMART PARTS!

lol, get a group of about 1000 people to go and destroy the factory. Sure, a few would get caught, but not all of us!
    Red to Black Ironman Intimidator
    Demon UL Matrix Dust Red
    TEAM BACKDRAFT
    Broken Matrix or DM4? Send it to me, I'll fix it, just pay $10 + shipping + parts.

Tom, is the FN303 still in production? Any chance a small shipment might be "diverted" from it's destination for a few days, along with a few cases of ammo?
    Audentes Fortuna Juvats-Fortune Favors The Bold

Blue-Gold Minimag Boy

Flame away on Smart Parts. You people dont see good business tactics. Even if they are hurting the industry as some of you claim, they are still are a very well run company.

Long live Smart Parts
    Dub V

Where greatness is learned
    and couches are burned

If I were older and had nothing to live for I'd take a Gren. Launcher or possibly an RPG and go to town on their precious headquarters.

This type of thing can, and WILL start a revolt among the paintball community, and I dont think we should let them do this. I'm not (necesarily) suggesting anyone commit arson (spelling?) but SOMETHING has to be done. If they continue this way, their will BE no WGP, AGD, DYE, or any other company. Just SP, thats IT. and I don't want to play, let alone live (ok a little extreme) in a paintball world ruled by SP.

Thank God for Anarchists (Assuming some are also paintballers)

EDIT: Lol, just realised how stupid my post sounds. Ok, I just think they are a bunch of bastards who can and will burn in hell.

If this patent is true, and I didn't read it, but I am basing my views on the simplifications given in this thread.

If SP does decide to enforce this, then this wouldn't be hurting the industry..... it would be destroying it.

Who in God's name gives a crap if this is good business tactics!!!! Its hurting you as a consumer. YOU no longer would have a choice from the smaller companies. YOU would now have to pay more per gun. I dunno bout you, but I think these 500+ gun prices are high enough.

But once again, no one will stand up to the bastiges. They will fall under them because its easier. Man, I wish someone would finally show those Gardner's a fight they won't forget.
    I wish I wasn't broke....

yeah, Enron was a well run company too. Their stocks just soared even when they were losing money.

I don't think a touch activated trigger will be legal, because, hell, it isn't even a trigger, but more like a mousepad the way I understand it.
    xXhAppyAznXx "If I whiped and shot full auto, I wouldn't feel very skilled. Hell in the back of my mind, I'd be crying over my lack of skill, and that I should quit and kill myself."

Originally posted by Automaggin2
    Flame away on Smart Parts. You people dont see good business tactics. Even if they are hurting the industry as some of you claim, they are still are a very well run company.

Long live Smart Parts
    I never said that it was a bad buisness tactic. I just dont support what they are doing. Sure, they can make a quick buck, but ultimately they will destroy the industry OR at least make it much more expensive. What I want to see is Smart Parts going after Kingman or PMI. That will be interesting to say the very least.

I dont think they mean an actual microswitch activated trigger.. I think they patented a trigger which you just touch and it goes off, like say a touchscreen in a car or something

That's how I'm reading it, too. Further, early promotional material for the 2K3 Shocker specifically mentioned such a trigger as a future upgrade.

Originally posted by Digits
    I dont think they mean an actual microswitch activated trigger.. I think they patented a trigger which you just touch and it goes off, like say a touchscreen in a car or something

hey, i'm sure somebody has already thought of this but what about an infrared beam as a trigger, no resistance what so ever, meh if some one already has and theres is rules against it, if not, i forfeit all monatary rights to the idea.

Originally posted by OysterBoy
    If I were older and had nothing to live for I'd take a Gren. Launcher or possibly an RPG and go to town on their precious headquarters.

This type of thing can, and WILL start a revolt among the paintball community, and I dont think we should let them do this. I'm not (necesarily) suggesting anyone commit arson (spelling?) but SOMETHING has to be done. If they continue this way, their will BE no WGP, AGD, DYE, or any other company. Just SP, thats IT. and I don't want to play, let alone live (ok a little extreme) in a paintball world ruled by SP.

Thank God for Anarchists (Assuming some are also paintballers)

EDIT: Lol, just realised how stupid my post sounds. Ok, I just think they are a bunch of bastards who can and will burn in hell.

its ridiculous. A revolt will do nothing, and it is basically impossible. There will always be SP supporters, no matter what happens. Its like AGD, they have a strong following. It is impossible to boycott SP, this is actuallly a bad thing. They start loosing business, then they start enforcing there patents more to cash in.