Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ATTN: Tom Kaye! No more Xmags?!?!

this really sux cause ive been savin up 2 buy a xmag and this happens
    emag blue ule body 3.2 software empire 4 peice kit halo shocktech drop

friends dont let friends buy cockers ...

When can I been put on the List for the NEXT ONE. Really.
    because I KNOW it WILL be a Quality product.
    "A Mag OR Nothing"

How to Fly: Throw yourself at the ground and miss. "Hichikers guide to the Galaxy"

A very interesting thread, indeed.

I wonder about everybody blowing this out of proportion, however, since we don't have the whole story from AGD or TK.

I've been playing for 12 years now, am a former field owner (sold the field...it's still in operations and doing great), was a former 'mag owner who switched to a Shocker when the "brittle tournament paint" issue was so big back in the late 90's. Now, happily, I am back with an automag. I've spent this past winter building an automag up and am anxious to get it on the field.

Seriously, anyone who's been shooting electropneumatic guns for any length of time (and my first shocker was a PVI shocker.....then a SP shocker) would have to say that they are SICK SICK SICK of problems surrounding the solenoids, regulators, etc etc. What I love about the automag is that it's a tried, true, proven design, shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger, and is a rugged piece of machinery.

Mechanical marker vs. electro marker? Who cares????? really???? I no longer play tournaments, don't care to chase the hi-$$$$ guns around....I want to play fun and serious rec ball....the automag is the perfect gun for that.

On the other thread that started this whole discussion, TK apparently posted that the AGD lines would continue, but alluded to the X and E mags phasing out. Sounds reasonable. Let's see what happens.

My first impression was.....this is a hoax, right??? However, it looks to me like AGD is partnering with NPS....that's a pretty potent combination.

and for all the SP haters on this thread....take a lesson in history from patent law......remember Eli Whitney and the cotton gin? Or how about Bud Orr and the autococker?

And BTW.....AKA has stopped production of their markers. Honestly, they've been good at tweaking others products and calling them their own, but in reality they haven't make anything signficantly original. They are great at low pressure stuff, though.

ahhhhh.....just the ramblings of an aged paintballer.....

love.
    life.
    paintball.

ahh...the listenings to an aged baller.....im all with ya there....on all points...the only thing elec on my gun is the hopper...i see ppl with shockers...having to work on em between games and if its not completed they go to their cocker for back up...they more than likely have a worrblade one it...now this worrblade actually kills your cocker...i have worrblades for the cockers of mine but i dont use em...elctro guns have too much hype about bps...well no one can shoot and no hopper can feed that fast...sure i just ordered a timmy only cause its our new team gun but i will still use my mag when i play semi pro or under
    HalloWicked
    HATCHET WARRIORS UNITE
    Clown Love

fallout11 Guest
    Right on, Scott, write on....=)

Thanks for the positive comments and encouraging words!

I've actually been in touch via email with Bill Mills of Warpig in the last day or so. He gave encouraging insight into AGD's plans. Also, he seemed to confirm that the electro's are being stopped due to the SP actions across the face of paintball's electro 'guns in general....wait till it all falls out....see where it lands. Nothing else is being stopped, tho. In the meantime, he said AGD would be continuing to work on the "mechanical" marker technology.

I must say.....that technology is impressive, TK!!!!

Anyone know of an automag owners group in Indiana?

fallout11 Guest
    Ahh, exactly as I had predicted, then.

Excellent.

Thanks, Scott (from another aged baller).

Also, he seemed to confirm that the electro's are being stopped due to the SP actions across the face of paintball's electro 'guns in general.
    To clarify....

The announcement from AGD mentioned that they didn't think it smart to invest in electro technology right now with legal issues going on.

I have never stated or implied that SP was in any way involved with this decision (nor do I think there are serious legal threats to the E-Mag line, to my knowledge no companies have been pursued over patent violations on solenoid sear tripping technology by anyone and AGD has/had some serious ammo in this area.)

In another thread on this topic, Tom Kaye stated:
    We are NOT in any legal situation with Smart Parts.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=2

Scot Hudnall sez...
    and for all the SP haters on this thread....take a lesson in history from patent law......remember Eli Whitney and the cotton gin? Or how about Bud Orr and the autococker?
    It's almost comical in the patent hate threads how the companies tauted as "good guys" for patenting things and then not enforcing patents, because it was "good for the sport" have used patents they own to either get licensing fees from other companies, or to keep competing products from the marketplace.

The short and simple of it, is that AGD is looking to it's future, and just because it's existing customers may be fans of it's electro line, doesn't mean that it's a profitable line to produce, or that they believe it will be profitable in the future.

See you on the field,
    -Bill Mills

Originally posted by billmi

To clarify....

The announcement from AGD mentioned that they didn't think it smart to invest in electro technology right now with legal issues going on.

I have never stated or implied that SP was in any way involved with this decision (nor do I think there are serious legal threats to the E-Mag line, to my knowledge no companies have been pursued over patent violations on solenoid sear tripping technology by anyone and AGD has/had some serious ammo in this area.)

In another thread on this topic, Tom Kaye stated:

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=2

It's almost comical in the patent hate threads how the companies tauted as "good guys" for patenting things and then not enforcing patents, because it was "good for the sport" have used patents they own to either get licensing fees from other companies, or to keep competing products from the marketplace.

The short and simple of it, is that AGD is looking to it's future, and just because it's existing customers may be fans of it's electro line, doesn't mean that it's a profitable line to produce, or that they believe it will be profitable in the future.

See you on the field,
    -Bill Mills
    Thank you for this post. It has been said by myself in this thread and others, but I have stopped even trying to explain it.

Hopefully folks will read this and see the light…. But somehow I feel it may still end up being lost in the storm.

Originally posted by shartley
    But somehow I feel it may still end up being lost in the storm.
    Yep. People in general like to have a "bad guy" to point and shout at and blame life's problems on. That's why Hitler was able to reduce Europe's population by over 12 million people.

Hey Bill...

I seriously apologize if I unintentionally misrepresented anything you had related to me.....maybe I read a little more into it than I should have.

At any rate....I am a SP fan....and a AGD fan.....and a patent fan.....

and I am looking forward to AGD's future product releases. I've got the Intelliframe on my 'mag and plan on making the level10 bolt purchase soon.

Thanks again and thanks for the positive reply, Bill!!!

ps - I'm a WARPIG fan, too!!1

Not To Worry....

I don't think that we have to worry about AGD going out of business. I am waiting for 4 years to buy my first AGD product (RT_ULE Custom...if they get anymore in stock ). I will never buy an electro. With this new RT priced at $400, it is, IMHO, the most gun for your money on the market today. There are thousands of players out there who want markers they can work on themselves.

AGD has been around too long, and has built too large of a fan base, to let something like this screw it up. So what if AGD decided to make only mechs? They would be the best damn mechs on the market! With their Tac-One, they are reaching out to a demographic that, IMO, SP won't even try to tap: the Recball player. Lets face it, that is where paintball was born, and that is the game at its heart. The Automag will continue to kick *** and take names in this arena, while doing it in tourneys as well.

I don't care if SP comes out with a marker with a freakin' Keg-O-Rater on it...I would still go with the best mech in the game: The ***-Kickin', Name-Takin', Instant-Classic, Play-With-It-In-Heaven Automag.

God Bless Tom Kaye, AGD, and all of their supporters here at AO!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." --Henry Louis Mencken.

LMAO Target!!!!! That is well said!!!!

and that "Keg-O-Rater"......is that the heads up display unit for the impy??????

AMEN BROTHA! gettin all teary eyed here.

TESTIFY!!!