Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Tom Kaye! No more Xmags?!?!

ATTN: Tom Kaye! No more Xmags?!?!

This thread: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hreadid=126868

..and This was posted on my forums at http://www.valleythunder.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=1125:

FYI
    Re: legal action

I sent a pick of new x-mag grips to the store owner where I bought the marker. This was the unexpected response ...

"That looks awesome! It is so crazy that you e-mailed me because I was just wondering the other day if you were liking your X-Mag. We have 2 more on order for ourselves and yesterday my rep told me after this run
    they aren't making any more, due to pending legal action. So I guess you should feel fortunate you managed to get one when you did!"

I emailed them and asked if it had to do with SP. The answer was that all parties have been asked to comply with a gag order and can't discuss details, BUT, referring to the offender as Dumb Parts would not be inaccurate. This is by no means a confirmed situation, just heresay, but it would be very sad if it were true.

eh! What's going on?!?!

its the quite before the storm
    I ues them to power my Flux Capacitor when I Time Travel, They are like frequent flyer miles. -Tom

When I forge my sword, it will not be from metal, it will cut with the power of light. - A...G...D

For sale:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138517

we need a press release STAT!

alright I wanted to make sure that people wouldnt be confused. I pulled that off the POG when we were talking about the recent SP patent, the thread can be found here

http://www.paintmagazine.com/cgi-bin...8&thread=11399

Hope this clears everything up

oh no, no more x's. can somebody put it in sutpid peopel terms so i dont have to read everything!?

ahh if this is true sp, sp ahhh!, i hope you fall off the face of this planet.
    I knew not what I did but am now edumacated

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")
    time to go to sams club and buy an industrial sized can of WHOOP ***!

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

That makes no sense, why no Xmags, but still emags, it's the same grip frame and all..

Because AGDE makes the XMag body, not AGD. And, it's a pain for them to get them. I wonder if there's going to be an alternative...

this is rather low that SP stooped to these levels, they can mess with ICD and AKALMP but the second you start with AGD .. well your gonna have some problems

little do they realize AGD has AO and thousands of loyal members .. what does smart parts have ?? a few good teams

ITS WAR ... NO MORE X = NO MORE SHOCKERS/ IMPULSES

who is with me?

Where did the Old AO go?

lets keep in mind this has not been made official so we don't know if this is true or not

I remember seeing on TV where farmers would load up tractors full of cow poo and dump them on their banks doorstep because the bank was screwing them, and the farmer was only givn' a ticket of $50 for littering.

So uh.. anyone got a tractor and the address to Smart Parts HQ?

a tractor? thats kinda weak .. lets call in the airforce .. or better yet where is Army when you need him?

Yes, this has not been confirmed by anyone. And if it was true, the reason for it has not been confirmed either.

As miscue said, it may be a “body” issue, not a grip frame issue.

Not everything that happens in the world is caused by SP… contrary to popular belief. So this may or may not be an SP issue.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Or maybe they just want to catch up on their preorder list before they make that list any larger.

Plus keep in mind that over the years we have heard on AO about more than one Field Owner or Shop Owner that has told customers that AGD was either not in business any more or was going out of business.

Nicad better get ready for the onslought of orders for Karta/Cord/Dalara body/rail combos.

Originally posted by shartley

Not everything that happens in the world is caused by SP… contrary to popular belief. So this may or may not be an SP issue.
    Yeah but there was a part about a gag order being issued to one of the retailers.

Originally posted by Rope a Dope

Yeah but there was a part about a gag order being issued to one of the retailers.
    Stated by whom? Read my post above. You can not believe everything you hear just because it comes from someone who either owns a store/field, or someone speaking on their behalf.

“I can’t tell you because I have been told not to talk about it” is often used to give credence to pure gossip. When in all actuality, if they WERE given a gag order, they shouldn’t have even made the statement they DID. After all, they were not to discuss it right?

either way im blaming it on SP

OMG, well now i dont know if i should feel evil or lucky that i just got a SP marker (used, they didnt profit) anyway, im concidering having it sent to my good friend teh lazer engraver to have anti-SP stuff put on it

Well, whatever it is I hope it has an ACE. LX works, but it takes way longer than an ACE to get your next shot off.

If we destroy them now we won't have to deal with them later... mauhahhahaa
    click here for feedback
    Fear the Ninja

This legal thing will most likely effect all electronic marker manufactures, not just AGD right?

So if you more Xmags, we can still get the Emag right?

Tim

If it's true, I say we boycott everything by SP.

Originally posted by Miscue
    Well, whatever it is I hope it has an ACE. LX works, but it takes way longer than an ACE to get your next shot off.
    I have two words for you.

Hay. Low.

Originally posted by SirTim
    This legal thing will most likely effect all electronic marker manufactures, not just AGD right?

So if you more Xmags, we can still get the Emag right?

Tim
    My guess is that if SP has something to do with this the Emag will also be on the chopping block as it uses the same frame as the Xmag. I wouldn't be suprised if AGD is halting production to see what the SP problem would do for them as they aren't exactly a huge company. SP has done what is best for them and by doing so they are getting money. It's obvious that if they are winning cases that they have a good strong case. Even the average joe lawyer can see the difference between good and bad cases. I personally would wait for a official notice from AGD before jumping to conclusions.
    Sorry, I'm old

Originally posted by Rope a Dope

I have two words for you.

Hay. Low.
    I'm sure he was talking about the lag time of waiting for the bolt to reset. With a better working ace, it just won't fire.
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

This means one thing, the black market for xmags is going to be booming

www.TeamNever.com

I'm thinking its just supply and demand and basic economics for AGD and not related to SP at the moment.
    AGDE could never keep up with the supply for X-Mag bodies and holds the body patent. So AGD wasn't making as much as it could from its own flagship high end marker. Hows those warp modules coming for all you on the list.
    Also notice Nicads signature since the Karta came out?
    ColinMoritz

Chord, Chord V2, Dallara, Karta, current project: (coming soon)

Could be warp Sluggo with unfinished rail combo for more milling options or a different modular body without a rail. The SFLs had integrated bodies and breeches, so I don't know what is covered by AGDE with X-Mags patent.
    I'm guessing the X-Mag wasn't as profitable and frustrating at the same time not being able to meet demand, and a new body will become the current flagship or possible dropdown body options in buying a new emag. I wouldn't expect a new electro gripframe anytime soon, but bodies with warp or verticle and factory ACE as an option might be the ticket.
    /speculation

CNC Emag
    Featherlight Viking

What I dont understand is why AGD decided to suddenly stop making anything electronic just because of the threat of SP. I've heard that they have proto electronic frames lying around for regular mags that they had planned on releasing but they might not due to SP. I may be blind, but I dont see other companies halting there electronic markers because of the threat to SP. Did WDP not release the angel 4 because of SP's threat? no. Why should AGD?