Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Tom Kaye! No more Xmags?!?!

Originally posted by gibby

I'm sure he was talking about the lag time of waiting for the bolt to reset. With a better working ace, it just won't fire.
    I know, but with a Halo, fresh batteries and the Z-Code I hardly ever pinch one. When I empty a hopper at 20bps, I may pinch one out of the hopper, and for some reason my bolt resets instantly, where most other mags I have worked on the bolt hangs up until I hit the trigger again. I think mine is just broken in and tuned very well.

I use niMah rechargable batteries in my Halo which last longer and supply more power which makes it feed faster. I hardly ever NEED my lvl X.

Originally posted by Rope a Dope

I use niMah rechargable batteries in my Halo which last longer and supply more power which makes it feed faster. I hardly ever NEED my lvl X.
    which niMah batteries do you use? I have been thinking about getting some for my halo

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

Panosonic 2100

Works great!

Yeah I bought some of those expensive energizer lithiums, while they were light as allheck, I didnt see my halo feeding any faster than my 2000 mAH Rayovacs.

Originally posted by joshweinerhead
    this is rather low that SP stooped to these levels, they can mess with ICD and AKALMP but the second you start with AGD .. well your gonna have some problems

little do they realize AGD has AO and thousands of loyal members .. what does smart parts have ?? a few good teams

ITS WAR ... NO MORE X = NO MORE SHOCKERS/ IMPULSES

who is with me?
    good luck with that one , its seems that every Forum there are people talking about boycotts or protest, but guess for every one person that shouts SP sucks, there are same number of people saying how sweet the *insert team name here* Shocker looks and how they wish they have one blah, blah....

Alright, that is the last straw!! It is time to unleash the most secret of wepons onto the "Dumb" parts family. I call it opperation "superglue everything in the CEO's house to the celling!" It will be glorious. They will come n and be like " hey all the stuff is glued to the celling. Mabey it was wrong of us to be blatently selfish by gerneralizing our pattent to anything that fires a paintball" Thats what happens when you mess with chizles life. Your world turns upside down.
    DAMN THE MAN! SAVE THE EMPIRE!!!
    --------(S.P.)---------(AGD)
    classic "steel monstrosity"
    GWAR Slave #1501
    (UN)Official AO Prankster

Originally posted by tony3
    This means one thing, the black market for xmags is going to be booming
    yea right,
    consider that there are only a few SLF's and guys have to dam near give those away at 12-1300 bucks, if that.

I think it is pretty rare for any gun to apperciate..

So would you like to give some sort of credibility to this or keep feeding people BS?

Originally posted by Corbet
    What I dont understand is why AGD decided to suddenly stop making anything electronic just because of the threat of SP. I've heard that they have proto electronic frames lying around for regular mags that they had planned on releasing but they might not due to SP.

I have a feeling, ( I do not have any insider info just a guess from your buddy gtrsi here on AO )

Maybe AGD is going to make a regular Emag and one that the user has a choice of upgrading w/ ACE and one if Nicad's bodies.

Lets see how close I get

EDIT: either that or they are making a really cool Mech...

Much as I like Nicad's work, I still think the X looks the best.

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

meh... I like the ULE E-Mag the best.

X-Mags look all... fruity and english.

Sleeeeeeek and black!

Oh yeah, those big ol holes on the side sure are sleek

Seriously, the X has a classic look. Understated and elegant.

ERut Guest
    eh. My favorite's still the chord bodies.

Originally posted by Steelrat
    Oh yeah, those big ol holes on the side sure are sleek

Seriously, the X has a classic look. Understated and elegant.
    Mine doesn't have any

The X looks like an english faucet. It's nice and all... not as bad as that fruity dragon intimidator, but I think an all ULE E-Mag looks sleek. But thats just me.

Yes there is an announcement but we are not ready to talk about it at this time. We are NOT in any legal situation with Smart Parts. Go ahead and speculate all you want because if I told you not too you would anyway. It will all make sense in the end.

AGD

Wow, it sucks only knowing 50% of what is going on, and the bad 50% at that.

But surely you can answer this question. Can you still pre-order an X-mag?

Could give us a date as to when you are ready to talk? That would help quell some of the speculation...
    Giant flying dogs are gonna give you a flame-thrower enema!!!

SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!

Chuff!!! Chuff!!!

ABQHC

Originally posted by AGD
    Yes there is an announcement but we are not ready to talk about it at this time. We are NOT in any legal situation with Smart Parts. Go ahead and speculate all you want because if I told you not too you would anyway. It will all make sense in the end.

AGD
    wow...

so, tom, got any extra X-Mags lying around you want to sell off?
    lol! I want a collector's item

/scratces head @ TK's post... Um yeah wha?

TK do me this... "Hey guys dont worry about it... stuff is being handled"

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag Guest
    Hmmm...interesting...Glad I got my Xmag already =)

I didn't answer because I am busy doing stuff tonight but I see that its going to cause a big ruckus if I dont.

Here is the short explanation. AGDE has taken a job to run the National Paintball Europe distribution center. They will still distribute our products but making bodies is not high on the list. They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say.

The Emag is going on 4 years old and is due for a complete revamp. We will be selling off the last of them (about 250) and discontinuing that product.

Now the bad news, with the current legal situations going on in paintball it is not strategicaly smart for us to invest in a new e-marker at this time. We are going to wait until the dust settles and see who comes out on top before we proceed with a new design.

We will work slowly on a new concept that will eliminate the large battery and charger, incorporate the ULT trigger system and completely new electronics. We don't expect to introduce this marker until 2005 if it makes sense to do so.

The point of all this is that we are making these decisions based on industry influences. Our customers have nothing to do with the products we do or don't develop these days. Think about it.

AGD

Originally posted by AGD
    I didn't answer because I am busy doing stuff tonight but I see that its going to cause a big ruckus if I dont.

Here is the short explanation. AGDE has taken a job to run the National Paintball Europe distribution center. They will still distribute our products but making bodies is not high on the list. They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say.

The Emag is going on 4 years old and is due for a complete revamp. We will be selling off the last of them (about 250) and discontinuing that product.

Now the bad news, with the current legal situations going on in paintball it is not strategicaly smart for us to invest in a new e-marker at this time. We are going to wait until the dust settles and see who comes out on top before we proceed with a new design.

We will work slowly on a new concept that will eliminate the large battery and charger, incorporate the ULT trigger system and completely new electronics. We don't expect to introduce this marker until 2005 if it makes sense to do so.

The point of all this is that we are making these decisions based on industry influences. Our customers have nothing to do with the products we do or don't develop these days. Think about it.

AGD
    Wow Tom. I'm blown away but yet I totally understand. Seems completely logical to me. Should be interesting to say the least.
    Sorry, I'm old

Indeed! At least it'll give me about a year to save up right Tom?! Good luck!!!
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

AGD - "They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say."

Bah! I wish they were open so I could call and see where I am on the list... the suspense is KILLING me!

Open-Open-Open

Even if your low on the Xmag list hang in there. About half of the people on order don't want them when we call.

AGD

Thank you Tom for letting us all know whats going on.

It sucks... but understandable. Seems SP did have a part in this, now the whole reason why.. but they still have something to do with all this. Really sucks man...

I wonder what AKA is doing since they seem to be going head on with SP.

Sounds like you'll be taking care of everyones gripes about the E/X-Mag. Such as battery pack and no .45 frame. Theses kids shoot my E-Mag and love everytyhing about it but won't get one because of the battery pack and they can't put Dye Stickys on the grip frame
    Last edited by Rope a Dope; 02-27-2004 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks for the report Tom.

Don't answer this, but in my mind, where's the future revenue coming for this company if you no longer have a electronic presence in the industry?

I mean, from all accounts, electronics are what is driving the sport, atleast from the competitive side. The rec side is either copying the competitive side, in which they are using electronic markers, or they are copying the scenario side. In the case of the latter, more interest is being turned towards a realistic product, with less interest being placed on marker performance.

I guess what I am saying is, you seem to be left with the RT Series of markers. Even with the RT and ULT technology, it doesn't seem like AGD has a marker to satisfy either the competitive side or rec side at this time. I could just as easily point this question to other non electronic, non entry level companies as well, including WGP and others.

I'm not sure whether you're up early or late... but that's some customer service! Thanks for the quick response and the encouragement. I'm crossin' everything I've got.

Right about now I could use an X-Mag scalper... You don't want one?! Sell me your spot on the list!
    Last edited by Kasper; 02-27-2004 at 04:05 AM.

Whoa, didn't see that announcement coming

If a new 'E' isn't a viable proposition - why not get hold of nicad and develop his ram-powered non-electro grip frame?

Locate a 3 way in the FBM, ram in the frame to trip the sear and have all the mount points and milling in place for users to retro fit a morlock, solenoid and eyes as aftermarket parts.

I can't wait to see what you come up with Tom! Thanks for the update!