Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Tom Kaye! No more Xmags?!?!

meh... I like the ULE E-Mag the best.

X-Mags look all... fruity and english.

Sleeeeeeek and black!

Oh yeah, those big ol holes on the side sure are sleek

Seriously, the X has a classic look. Understated and elegant.

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

ERut Guest
    eh. My favorite's still the chord bodies.

Originally posted by Steelrat
    Oh yeah, those big ol holes on the side sure are sleek

Seriously, the X has a classic look. Understated and elegant.
    Mine doesn't have any

The X looks like an english faucet. It's nice and all... not as bad as that fruity dragon intimidator, but I think an all ULE E-Mag looks sleek. But thats just me.

Yes there is an announcement but we are not ready to talk about it at this time. We are NOT in any legal situation with Smart Parts. Go ahead and speculate all you want because if I told you not too you would anyway. It will all make sense in the end.

AGD

Wow, it sucks only knowing 50% of what is going on, and the bad 50% at that.

But surely you can answer this question. Can you still pre-order an X-mag?

Could give us a date as to when you are ready to talk? That would help quell some of the speculation...
    Giant flying dogs are gonna give you a flame-thrower enema!!!

SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!

Chuff!!! Chuff!!!

ABQHC

Originally posted by AGD
    Yes there is an announcement but we are not ready to talk about it at this time. We are NOT in any legal situation with Smart Parts. Go ahead and speculate all you want because if I told you not too you would anyway. It will all make sense in the end.

AGD
    wow...

so, tom, got any extra X-Mags lying around you want to sell off?
    lol! I want a collector's item

/scratces head @ TK's post... Um yeah wha?

TK do me this... "Hey guys dont worry about it... stuff is being handled"

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag Guest
    Hmmm...interesting...Glad I got my Xmag already =)

I didn't answer because I am busy doing stuff tonight but I see that its going to cause a big ruckus if I dont.

Here is the short explanation. AGDE has taken a job to run the National Paintball Europe distribution center. They will still distribute our products but making bodies is not high on the list. They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say.

The Emag is going on 4 years old and is due for a complete revamp. We will be selling off the last of them (about 250) and discontinuing that product.

Now the bad news, with the current legal situations going on in paintball it is not strategicaly smart for us to invest in a new e-marker at this time. We are going to wait until the dust settles and see who comes out on top before we proceed with a new design.

We will work slowly on a new concept that will eliminate the large battery and charger, incorporate the ULT trigger system and completely new electronics. We don't expect to introduce this marker until 2005 if it makes sense to do so.

The point of all this is that we are making these decisions based on industry influences. Our customers have nothing to do with the products we do or don't develop these days. Think about it.

AGD

Originally posted by AGD
    I didn't answer because I am busy doing stuff tonight but I see that its going to cause a big ruckus if I dont.

Here is the short explanation. AGDE has taken a job to run the National Paintball Europe distribution center. They will still distribute our products but making bodies is not high on the list. They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say.

The Emag is going on 4 years old and is due for a complete revamp. We will be selling off the last of them (about 250) and discontinuing that product.

Now the bad news, with the current legal situations going on in paintball it is not strategicaly smart for us to invest in a new e-marker at this time. We are going to wait until the dust settles and see who comes out on top before we proceed with a new design.

We will work slowly on a new concept that will eliminate the large battery and charger, incorporate the ULT trigger system and completely new electronics. We don't expect to introduce this marker until 2005 if it makes sense to do so.

The point of all this is that we are making these decisions based on industry influences. Our customers have nothing to do with the products we do or don't develop these days. Think about it.

AGD
    Wow Tom. I'm blown away but yet I totally understand. Seems completely logical to me. Should be interesting to say the least.
    BUY great quality gear, parts from RogueFactor, SoCal PRIDE!!feedback
    Remember if it doesn't say RPG... it's not the real deal and probably voids the warranty

Indeed! At least it'll give me about a year to save up right Tom?! Good luck!!!
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

AGD - "They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say."

Bah! I wish they were open so I could call and see where I am on the list... the suspense is KILLING me!

Open-Open-Open

Even if your low on the Xmag list hang in there. About half of the people on order don't want them when we call.

AGD

Thank you Tom for letting us all know whats going on.

It sucks... but understandable. Seems SP did have a part in this, now the whole reason why.. but they still have something to do with all this. Really sucks man...

I wonder what AKA is doing since they seem to be going head on with SP.

Sounds like you'll be taking care of everyones gripes about the E/X-Mag. Such as battery pack and no .45 frame. Theses kids shoot my E-Mag and love everytyhing about it but won't get one because of the battery pack and they can't put Dye Stickys on the grip frame
    Last edited by Rope a Dope; 02-27-2004 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks for the report Tom.

Don't answer this, but in my mind, where's the future revenue coming for this company if you no longer have a electronic presence in the industry?

I mean, from all accounts, electronics are what is driving the sport, atleast from the competitive side. The rec side is either copying the competitive side, in which they are using electronic markers, or they are copying the scenario side. In the case of the latter, more interest is being turned towards a realistic product, with less interest being placed on marker performance.

I guess what I am saying is, you seem to be left with the RT Series of markers. Even with the RT and ULT technology, it doesn't seem like AGD has a marker to satisfy either the competitive side or rec side at this time. I could just as easily point this question to other non electronic, non entry level companies as well, including WGP and others.

I'm not sure whether you're up early or late... but that's some customer service! Thanks for the quick response and the encouragement. I'm crossin' everything I've got.

Right about now I could use an X-Mag scalper... You don't want one?! Sell me your spot on the list!
    Last edited by Kasper; 02-27-2004 at 04:05 AM.

Whoa, didn't see that announcement coming

If a new 'E' isn't a viable proposition - why not get hold of nicad and develop his ram-powered non-electro grip frame?

Locate a 3 way in the FBM, ram in the frame to trip the sear and have all the mount points and milling in place for users to retro fit a morlock, solenoid and eyes as aftermarket parts.

I can't wait to see what you come up with Tom! Thanks for the update!

Now THAT is what I was expecting to hear. Thank you Tom for posting.

I am sorry that the E and X Mag are going away, but I am sure they will be replaced with an even better products that will allow AGD the chance to compete at an even higher level. All my best, and good luck. I canít wait to see what you folks have cooking.

Awwwww damn, I was going to buy an X Mag with my re-enlistment bonus. Well, I guess I'll just buy one used...

or!

just wait to see what AGD rolls out next!
    I'm sure that it will blow the X out of the water.

P.S. We need to come up with a working title for this thing. How about call it the Thing or The Gizmo? Just for continuity's sake. I think the AGD Thing or the AGD Gizmo could be a good working title for this as-of-yet undeveloped markler...

WOW! I don't know what to say. I an on the list for an xmag this time. I sure hope I get one.

So what exactly is AGD's current marker product line, RTP custom?

The classic, mini, E and X are all going? The Classic and the Mini have been missing from AGD's online store for a while now, PBGear has them on clearance but almost no stock. Then Tom says the E and the X are going.

Stopping production of the older models and using the remaining parts for tac-ones?

SP should still be boycotted. Screw them.

Wow, defintely a surprise but it makes sense when you look at the greater picture... Obviously, the E-Mag has served everyone well but being 4 years now the need for a new product is definitely out there... With the whole SP thing, why bother taking all of those resources towards developing a new e-marker (along with spending a boatload of cash in the process) if 6 months down the line you find it will infringe on the patent... From what I've seen, AGD always has something up their sleeve and with the ULT among other things, the mechanical marker I am sure will still be the best on the market.

Besides, there are plenty of e-mags out there and with the quality that goes into them buying one used is probably just as safe a bet as buying one new -- with the proper maintenence.....

Good luck guys!

How will the warranties by affected? What if my X breaks down in a couple of years?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

am I the only one who LIKES the emag's looks?

Jacob
    My AIM Intimidator is better than your Automag. Get over it.
    Hobart Paintball AIM Paintball

Originally posted by Vendetta
    How will the warranties by affected? What if my X breaks down in a couple of years?
    Bro,
    AGD gots yo' back. Anything happens they will be more than happy to service the products they sold you. AGD is not like WDP that just leaves you haning in the wind when they build a new product...

jb

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Gadget
    Whoa, didn't see that announcement coming

If a new 'E' isn't a viable proposition - why not get hold of nicad and develop his ram-powered non-electro grip frame?

Locate a 3 way in the FBM, ram in the frame to trip the sear and have all the mount points and milling in place for users to retro fit a morlock, solenoid and eyes as aftermarket parts.
    amen to dat brudah...

Originally posted by Jack & Coke

amen to dat brudah...
    you mean like this?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hreadid=125891

It's the resources like here on AO that really impresses me. There are alot of really SMART people working on these things.. IF a 2nd generation emag comes out, I wonder if designs like this will ever influence it.. going by the electro i posted from the workshop forum, imagine having an emag grade gun in the space of your intelliframe.. MAYBE having to use some small pneumatics up front....

I can't wait to see what's in store -- its worth the wait

wow...I didn't see this coming *gasp*...yeah...as if...you people should have seen this coming a mile away...but you were too busy staring at your little X-Mag's through rose colored goggles..

-dB

Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
    wow...I didn't see this coming *gasp*...yeah...as if...you people should have seen this coming a mile away...but you were too busy staring at your little X-Mag's through rose colored goggles..

-dB

Anyway,

I totally understand what AGD has to do. It would be great if people start realizing how nice the ULT mechanical mags are.

For those not on the list just keep checking Ebay, they pop up all the time for around $1,200.

Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy

-dB
    Yeah, cos we all have the power of clairvoyance and could see the AGD-E/NPS deal coming

...and besides I've got an E, not a X.

Originally posted by SprayingMango

Anyway,

I totally understand what AGD has to do. It would be great if people start realizing how nice the ULT mechanical mags are.

For those not on the list just keep checking Ebay, they pop up all the time for around $1,200.
    I don't know if it's just ignorancy or idiocy but why can't people realize that this was going to happen not matter what went on with the SP suit...it was inevitable...AGD cannot compete on the world stage of what is now the Industry machine of paintball.

Paintball is not going to go back to the dark ages of Pumps and Mechanical markers...no matter what you think of your blessed AGD it's just not going to happen...Companies like NPS, Dye and SP aren't stupid enough to ignore their bottom line and let it happen...and you may get Mechanical only tournaments...but they'll be a fad just like pump tournaments are..

and you can roll your eyes at me all day Mango...it still doesn't change the fact that people outside of the Cult of AO have been taking side bets on how long AGD was going to last for years now...just because they were wrong up to this point didn't automatically mean you were right either...

You all be nice to DB. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have gotten my X-Mag.

AGD gots yo' back. Anything happens they will be more than happy to service the products they sold you. AGD is not like WDP that just leaves you haning in the wind when they build a new product...
    Oh, I have no doubt about that.

I've got Dirty Bunny's old Magma Xmag. Played 3 days on it, so I think it has 5 days total played on it. I think I'm going to support AKA and buy a viking if anyone is interested in the Xmag. I'm sure there are pictures of it around. Let me know if you're interested. I've added a blade trigger to it which is nice, but I just can't get any local support for it in Socal. I will tell you that if you don't align the breech correctly, it will reset the level 10. I'm assuming I won't be able to get this fixed based on the information in this post.

I must say I thought this might happen. I am just dissapointed because I finally found a marker that works great. I am still going to shoot my e-mag till it is completely worn out. The thing I love best about the AGD is that they have always put out a superior product. When I got my current e-mag it had been sitting on a wall for two years. They went through it and got everything work great, without charging me anything. In the tournament seen our markers must be reliable, light, and accurate. I have shot many markers and this is the only one that has had all three qualities. Thanks you Tom for making the best marker I have owned.
    David