Thread: Email recieved today - READ READ READ

Email recieved today - READ READ READ

Dear friends & family,

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer.
    Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.77 for regular unleaded gas in Riverwoods, IL. We all know that we're being screwed by the oil companies. Does everyone remember how they drove up the prices way past a dollar and got the gas prices to where they wanted them, claiming there was a shortage of oil. Well, there isn't any shortage now, and the oil is more abundant than it was 35 years ago when the price of a gallon of gas was 29 cents!!!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all
    act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am .. so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together Sounds good to me !! we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 OR LESS RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!

PLEASE take a few minutes and pass this on to everyone you know!! If you can't e-mail it to at least ten people, please print out a
    bunch of copies and hand it out to your family and friends!!

Thank you very much!

Tom Paxton
    -Matt H
    Last edited by speedyejl; 02-27-2004 at 06:39 PM.

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

bad news...

...it aint gonna happen

Re: Email recieved today - READ READ READ

Originally posted by speedyejl
    I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.
    Crap, and I thought I wouldn't get viruses by running Linux, yet somehow you've managed to find a way to circumvent SpamAssassin, Mozilla Junk Mail, and McAfee Virus Scan all in one fell swoop.

Please don't forward this garbage, you're wasting my bandwidth which I pay for.

If you really want to do something about gasoline prices, sell your SUV.

I'm not too worried, Iraq owes us about $87,000,000,000. They can pay it in oil.

Re: Re: Email recieved today - READ READ READ

Originally posted by Dryden

Crap, and I thought I wouldn't get viruses by running Linux, yet somehow you've managed to find a way to circumvent SpamAssassin, Mozilla Junk Mail, and McAfee Virus Scan all in one fell swoop.

Please don't forward this garbage, you're wasting my bandwidth which I pay for.

You decided to click on the link, this is harmless completely and just reposting something I saw on PBN which I thought might recieve a warmer welcome from people. Also chances are you don't pay for your bandwith, most ISPs in the US have unlimited bandwith.

well u guys have it good even if it does go to $2.00 a gallon!

We cop it here. we are paying .90c a litre! I think its 4.4 litres to a gallon. Australia can make 100% of our own fuel usage but we (in our wisdom) decided to trade off goods to other countries & they make us buy fuel ....Go figure.

It always seems that whenever oil goes up in the world our prices jump up accordingly.........whenever it goes down ours stay the same. Gotta love Governments

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.

Re: Re: Email recieved today - READ READ READ

Originally posted by Dryden
    Just for that, I'm going to find a way to get even crappier gas mileage outta my truck.

Yeh, lets not buy gas from exxon or mobil, cause all the little independents, they make there own gas, and its not shipped in by exxon or mobil

Exxon, Mobil, Ashland oil Company. If you are buying a petroleum product (I'm sure theres some off brand out there, but stay with me) you are supporting one of these companies. YOu cannot boycott them because they at some time, were a vital part in that petroleum product you are buying.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

I'm not worried either way,I modded my car to run on the tears of whining doom and gloomers.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.
    Apparently the tool that wrote that nonsense doesn't understand that when the economy rebounds gas prices take a jump as well.

Know why?

Supply and demand.

Man this is basic economics and there are STILL retards out there who can't get it through their thick skulls.

-=Squid=- Guest
    Personally, I think the last thing we need is gas prices to drastically come down, therefor making MORE people buy gas, and causing us to run out even SOONER. You guys arent looking to far ahead (to whomeever agrees with that trash) ... Just because we are ok now means nothing. Oil WILL run out if we keep using it like water-x-2, it does not last forever.

Oh. Even if the supply of oil was a non-issue, I would still tear that crap down. Whats the point? OO! Lets boycot the LARGEST oil suppliers in the world because were extremely cheap/hippies!

Originally posted by -=Squid=-
    Personally, I think the last thing we need is gas prices to drastically come down, therefor making MORE people buy gas, and causing us to run out even SOONER. You guys arent looking to far ahead (to whomeever agrees with that trash) ... Just because we are ok now means nothing. Oil WILL run out if we keep using it like water-x-2, it does not last forever.
    Oil supply isn't gonna run out anytime soon... so use it like water-x-2, drink it, do whatever you want to with it!

-=Squid=- Guest
    Originally posted by billybob_81067

Oil supply isn't gonna run out anytime soon... so use it like water-x-2, drink it, do whatever you want to with it!
    Honestly, I have the attitude that as long as the world is fine until I die, I dont really care. Then again im 16 and dont have children. But, I do have the feeling that it wont.

Honestly, I have the attitude that as long as the world is fine until I die, I dont really care. Then again im 16 and dont have children. But, I do have the feeling that it wont.
    Heck yeah!!! You're a cool dude! I feel the exact same way. I don't care what happens after I die, cause guess what!!! I'll be dead!

try living i LA, cal. prices are $2.20 right now, it was above $3 last summer. besides you cant get anywhere in socal with out a car. i hate the prices, but there is nothing you really can do about, supply and demand. As for that email, that was passed out over a year ago.....nothings changed.
    Last edited by ej_y4; 02-28-2004 at 12:21 AM.

A darn good bit of what you pay for Gas is taxes. Not Oil company profits. Take a good hard look at the little sticker on the pumps. Its required they post it. And remember... YOU ARE the Oil Company. Every one of us that has a IRA or some kind of annuity fund has Oil stock. They are publicly owned companies. And their return on investment is regulated and lower than most companies. Think again when you critisize "the Oil Companies" for prices. Its not all that at all.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Originally posted by Lohman446
    Yeh, lets not buy gas from exxon or mobil, cause all the little independents, they make there own gas, and its not shipped in by exxon or mobil

Exxon, Mobil, Ashland oil Company. If you are buying a petroleum product (I'm sure theres some off brand out there, but stay with me) you are supporting one of these companies. YOu cannot boycott them because they at some time, were a vital part in that petroleum product you are buying.
    Actually there a few other companies. Citgo makes their own, Conico, Shell/BP/Texaco are seperate.

However while these companies do make much money off of gasoline it is far from thier only product. Many refineries can produce: LPG, Coke (a refined coal), pure sulphur, various lubricating oils.

Besides that Cphil has the right of it. Most of the cost comes from state and federal taxes.

Top fifteen gasoline producers according to the University of Kansas (2002) sorry about dates statistics

1 BP America Production Company 15.9%
    2 EXXONMOBIL Oil Corp 15.3%
    3 Anadarko Petroleum Corporation 12.0%
    4 Oxy USA, Inc. 11.5%
    5 Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc. 7.6%
    6 Helmerich & Payne, Inc. 1.8%
    7 Plains Petroleum Operating Company 1.8%
    8 Cimarex Energy Co. 1.4%
    9 Hugoton Energy Corporation 1.2%
    10 Osborn Heirs Company, LTD 1.1%
    11 Vastar Resources, Inc. 1.0%
    12 Kansas Natural Gas Operating, Inc. 1.0%
    13 Williams Production RMT Company .8%
    14 RME Petroleum Company .8%
    15 Oil Producers, Inc. of Kansas .8%

I need to concede the point, there are some other major producers. However, Martathon and Ashland in a partnership own 50% of the pipeline going from Texas to the Midwest. I did not look at other pipelines. Ashland is a major company in exploration and explotation of petroleum in other countries. Either way, I think most of us agree, that there is no way to effectively boycott any manufacturer of gasoline, regardless of where we buy it. And,as pointed out, if you don't like the price, talk to your state and federal representatives about the taxes on fuel. Then again, I liked paved and mantained roads, so perhaps you shouldn't complain too loudly.

This is just spam. The same email made a run last year at this time. Delete it and move on.

better idea

iraq gives me $86,000,000,000 and then pays $1,000,000,000 for gas
    swanster
    STORM UK

sponsored by:
    Empire
    NPS
    Diablo
    AGD Europe
    Air America Europe
    MPM

www.stormpaintballteam.com

Personally, I think the last thing we need is gas prices to drastically come down, therefor making MORE people buy gas, and causing us to run out even SOONER. You guys arent looking to far ahead
    did you look down the well or something hell we dont know how much there is and the ppl could be lieing so they could get more money.

good buyers/traders: becercom tunaman pullman richie CoFFeY[NiTrO]

www.vaporworks.net the best bushy upgrades!
    www.infowars.com learn the truth about the goverment.

My Feedback