Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crackdown on cheater boards

Crackdown on cheater boards

http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modu...ex&page_id=139

The big news is that the PSP is finally taking notice of the rampant use of illegal guns. The change didn’t seem to come until after Thunderstruck petitioned one of their X-ball matches. Their opponents, Ignition, were all found to be shooting Intimidators with illegal modes. Of course, Ignition wasn’t the only team doing this, but it looks like they were catalyst to several teams’ guns being confiscated for the tournament, including NXL teams.
    Graphite Fly 4
    Silver Dust Angel Speed F/S

Good Traders: Joey D, Lord Whoopass, robertjuric, Sithos
    My pbreview.com feedback
    My automags.org feedback

www.otspaintball.com
    www.paintballgiants.com
    www.paintballinvasion.com

Nice.

Hopefully it will filter down through the rest of paintball.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

I saw a couple 5 min penalties today at the la open and I was told it was for illegal guns. Caught me off guard.
    Sorry, I'm old

When they say "illegal mode" what, exactly, does that mean? Is it a question of too-low a debounce, or something else?

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

BRAVO!
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

2nd bravo!

Can you go into more depth of the "illegal modes?"

Super Moderator at Pbreview.com

Originally posted by Steelrat
    When they say "illegal mode" what, exactly, does that mean? Is it a question of too-low a debounce, or something else?
    There are various "cheater" boards. One of the most common is the ramped board. Basically at the chorno it shoots fine. One pull one shot. No bounce. Consistent. BUT as you shoot faster it ROF ramps. Sorta like a the old turbo boards. Usually they start ramping at about 10 bps then start doubling from there.

Another cheat is the trigger firing when it returns. Has to be a fast kinda slap return. When you pull the trigger and let it slap back forward. You can get 2 shots per pull this way. Reason you normally can't find this cheat is that refs don't check for bounce that way.

BUY THESE
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167821
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167823

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103516
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=452879

Originally posted by RoadDawg
    I saw a couple 5 min penalties today at the la open and I was told it was for illegal guns. Caught me off guard.
    i saw a few today to, one guy had his set up to 6 paintballs every trigger pull

LittlePaintballBoy Guest
    Crazy. Wasn't Manike playing with igntion at WC? I thought I read something about that, they are an empire teamright?

Good news! I hope they really expose how much cheating there is in paintball. Cheating is becoming more and more accepted as part of the game. I really wish more people were honest and played fair.

I was at the LA Open today, and I saw PLENTY of cheating (playing on, wiping hits with slides, turn and shoot after they get eliminated, etc.), as well as good refs who caught them.

I saw some crazy ROF today too... made me wonder about their shooting modes a little... I mean, it's obvious when you watch someone walking their fingers at a slow to med pace, a then their gun fires faster than what you're used to hearing on the field. Makes you go, "hmmmmm..."

By far the most common guns at the event were (in order):

1. Intimidators (regular and alias)
    2. DM4
    3. Impulse
    4. E-blades

from the link provided:http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modu...ex&page_id=139

San Diego Legacy and LA Ironmen confiscated guns

hah. im glad they were confiscated. electro is overrated. just another thing to fail at the time its needed most....stupid murphys law! but now it is finally cracking down on the "guns of mass destruction" this is common even at my field. its not fun when before you get gogged three times in the goggles....their fingers hitting the trigger 1.

Originally posted by RoadDawg
    only 5 min? wtf? I thought cheatin was alittle more serious?

yeah. penalties in paintball are a JOKE.

Makes you wonder just how popular these markers are goingto remain now that you can no longer use the illegal modes.

WANG Force!

Abandon All Hope

Originally posted by Jack & Coke
    Cheating is becoming more and more accepted as part of the game. I really wish more people were honest and played fair.
    Its not just paintball, but sports in general, especially at the pro level. In non-related sports for example, there is a commercial for Nascar on the Speed Channel where a driver states "Its our job to cheat, and their job to catch us". Also, when is the last time you saw a pro basketball player called for traveling? Two steps my ***.

It is nice to think that something might be done about it in paintball, but we'll have to wait and see.

Originally posted by Cyberious
    Makes you wonder just how popular these markers are goingto remain now that you can no longer use the illegal modes.
    They will still sell to the rec players because most fields never check for bounce. The tourney guys will be SOL or actually (gasp) play fair. Heresy, I know. But maybe tournament directors and promoters will finally start thinking with more than their wallets.

Sorry if someone has said this already (to lazy to read the thread)

But since the rampant cheating is coming mainly from WAS boards.. Why don't they just have a little flasher majig.. Set up somewhere near to where you enter the field, and anybody using a WAS board has to get it flashed.. This should certainly stop alot of it since most of the cheating seems to be from these boards..

Originally posted by bgredjeep

Its not just paintball, but sports in general, especially at the pro level. In non-related sports for example, there is a commercial for Nascar on the Speed Channel where a driver states "Its our job to cheat, and their job to catch us". Also, when is the last time you saw a pro basketball player called for traveling? Two steps my ***.

It is nice to think that something might be done about it in paintball, but we'll have to wait and see.
    I agree...

On a high note, I did notice much more activity and rules enforcement by the refs in X-Ball. I liked the penalty box idea for cheating and arguing. I saw coaches yelling at their own players to shut up. The refs in x-ball were much better than the regular refs. I think active refs and stiff penalties like in x-ball will help curb cheating a little bit.

Originally posted by gtrsi

Apparently they took the illegal markers and took them out of the games plus made the team have a 5 min w/o a man penalty and IMO 5 min w/o a man in Xball can be tough. Xball impressed me more then ever this year. The refs for the most part were decent but as J&C said you can see a guy walking not real quick but his marker sounds like he is. Anyways. The first couple days of play the markers were like this
    1) 03 shockers
    2) Timmies
    3) DM4
    4) Eblades

I didn't see many imp's but they must have been in different games.

Originally posted by 50 cal

They will still sell to the rec players because most fields never check for bounce. The tourney guys will be SOL or actually (gasp) play fair. Heresy, I know. But maybe tournament directors and promoters will finally start thinking with more than their wallets.
    Perhaps, however alot of the rec players in my area tend to go the way of the tourney players. Even on this board and over on PBN I see alot of folks buying stuff just because it is the "in" thing. Alot of the younger players seem to want what the pros use.

Those penalties are bull... if you get caught playing with a cheater gun your team should automaticly be disqualified.

Don't forget you also have altered WAS boards in the HK Speeds. My friend has one. It has a 3 position toggle. Center is off. Left is normal no bounce one shot one pull. Right is 3 shot bursts. Hows that for a Biatch.

Personally, I think if one person gets caught cheating, the team forfits the match and the opposing team gets full points. If caught a second time, they're out of the tournament. If caught a third time, the team is done for the season. It's a team sport... if one person on the team is cheating, the team is cheating. This would seriously curb cheating, though no one would ever allow this type of thing to happen, which completely baffles me.

Originally posted by LeatherPants
    Don't forget you also have altered WAS boards in the HK Speeds. My friend has one. It has a 3 position toggle. Center is off. Left is normal no bounce one shot one pull. Right is 3 shot bursts. Hows that for a Biatch.
    LeatherPants is correct... I've seen that WASed Angel - crazy setup!

Originally posted by FallNAngel
    Personally, I think if one person gets caught cheating, the team forfits the match and the opposing team gets full points. If caught a second time, they're out of the tournament. If caught a third time, the team is done for the season. It's a team sport... if one person on the team is cheating, the team is cheating. This would seriously curb cheating, though no one would ever allow this type of thing to happen, which completely baffles me.
    Great idea, but the way the heavy whiners get their way, it'll never happen.

They will still sell to the rec players because most fields never check for bounce.
    Now, you know only tourney guys cheat!

Only tourney guys overshoot!

Only tourney guys wipe too!

You really need to read this board more often.....

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    Now, let me start off by saying, i in no way condone cheating.

But have you ever noticed, that not many tourny players complain about being cheated against? its mostly us people? while i play tournies, im no no way as big as being able to go to all the psp events and competing etc.

Now, when was the last time you heard aftershock complaining that dynasty cheated against em? never. You see, most people regard, despite the cheating, that your body part should not have been in the place it was, when it was hit. And they cure cheating, by cheating back.

yea, cheating looks bad, but really, who gives a damn? i know i really dont. i care if im cheated against, and i will not cheat back, but really, who cares about major tournies and cheating? it doesnt effect you directly does it? i didnt think so.

so give it a rest. if it doesnt effect you, then why complain about it? it looks bad thats a given, but it looks bad on the person doing it, not on the sport as a whole.

thats some food for thought

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

I personally think the time penatly rules are a good compromise, now let me state this.

The old rules were not being enforced, refs and players viewed them as too harsh.

The new rules are... and a five min penalty is a big deal, the players accept it, the refs give them out.. etc.

It is better to have weak rules that are enforced than strong rules that are ignored.

Its kinda like fighting was in hockey - fight, 10 minute penatly, do that off the ice and it woudl be assault.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Yes, but then you have the new(er) players that want to be like the tourney players. Shoot what they shoot, dress how they dress and .. yep, you got it, act like they act. They see pro tourney players cheating and think it's ok too. Does pro players cheating directly affect me? Just like you said, no it doesn't. It indirectly affects me though.

I'm not saying that everyone else that cheats, does it because the pro's do, but there are a lot of people out there that do.

Do pros complain when others cheat against them? Well, you may not see it on the DVD's, etc, but I'm sure the refs will hear about it. In either case, what does that have to do with anything? Does the fact that they don't complain somehow make it ok? Cheating *does* look bad. Who gives a damn? I sure as hell do.

Originally posted by Lohman446
    The old rules were not being enforced, refs and players viewed them as too harsh.
    Then it's time for new refs. It's not the refs job to decide if the punishment is too harsh or not, it's their job to enforce them... PERIOD.