Thread: Having a little trouble with a Pump Mag

Having a little trouble with a Pump Mag

I just recently put together my "new" pump mag using the pump kit that Seigecraft was selling, and I'm having a minor problem. I can't get the darn thing to pump right. I've already contacted them and they told me that I may have to bend the tip of the pump arm up a little more. So I did but it takes a LOT of force to get it to pump. I can use a squeegee to push the bolt back farely easily but I can only get the pump arm to work maybe 20% of the time.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I need to do, I don't want to bend the arm too much- for fear of ruining it. Any help you guys can give would be most appreciated.

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")
    what bumper are you using?
    i've found an rt bumper works best. that may help with your issue.

also, do you have a link to the place where you got your pump kit?

thanks!

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

you have to take you're blue backer washer and cut it down to a smaller size so that it fits inside the wave spring that goes behind the bolt

and bend down the pump rod again - it sounds like its rubbing on the bolt as you pump it
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

Seigecraft Accessories

It came with a black bumper from AGD i think. Which direction do I need to bend the rod? up? toward the bolt? I will give cutting down the back washer a try and see what happens though.