Thread: are mags accurate?

are mags accurate?

i was just wondering whether mags are very accurate or not, i haven't had much chance to try out very many barrels so i was hoping that someone else could tell whether mags are very accurate and which barrels work the best on them. i'm back player if that changes anything.
    I had a paintball gun and i knew how to use it

Due to forces such as vortex shedding a .68 caliber 3 gram projectile is inherently inaccurate (ball on ball accuracy being unlikely). A mag, with the right air souce, and a good paint to barrel match (soo overrrated) can be as accurate as any other paintball gun out there.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

No.

but, paintmarkers in general are not accurate.

Actually, if you think of "accuracy" as a function of consistency in your velocity, then yes, Mags will be more "accurate" due to the small shot-to-shot variations of velocity that accompany a well broken in X-valve'd Mag.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." --Henry Louis Mencken.

yes they are, I can hit an airborn insect from 400 yards

Yes Mags are accurate.
    It is the frail human behind the trigger that makes them miss.

Super Moderator at Pbreview.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon1331
    yes they are, I can hit an airborn insect from 400 yards
    Lemme guess, you live in Louisiana, Florida, or the Congo?

LOL!
    If I see one more "What happened to smart parts" thread, I will kill Adam Gardner. You have been warned.

I can hit an airborn insect from 400 yards
    Lemme guess, you live in Louisiana, Florida, or the Congo?
    No here the paint hits insects before it can reach 400 yards. So remember don't ride your motorcycles in love bug season-->
    March 15
    The only good Tedi is a dead Tedi.Conker:Live&Reloaded

Let's give this guy a straight-up answer:

Paintballs are inherently inaccurate. They are spheres filled with liquid. Therefore, not only are they not aerodynamically-correct, but they are also "wobbly" in mid-air. This is why rifled barrels DO NOT WORK. This is also why the length of the barrel doesn't work. When a paintball is in mid-air, it changes shape slightly due to the various forces pushing on it.

In order to affect accuracy, you must look to the bore-size of the barrel. Some paints are larger than others, and some barrels are larger than others. I do not mean length, but the inside-diameter of the barrel's bore. You'll find that small paint shot through a large-bored barrel will not have the same "secure" guidelines, and will wobble around within the barrel. Just the same, a large paint in a small barrel will have to de-contract as it leaves the barrel, negating any accuracy that it could have had.

The best solution is to find a barrel kit which has many different bore sizes for the barrel. Then, you should do your best to match the paint size to the barrel size in order to ensure the best possible accuracy.

You should also look to the consistency of your air-flow within your marker. Regulators (such as the one integrated within the 'mag's valve) help to control the amount of air used per-shot. If the regulator is consistent, you will find that your paintballs all seem to fly the same distnace at the same speed. If your regulator is inconsistent, your paint will vary in range and speed, which are both inextricably linked to one-another.

Therefore, all paintmarkers are inherently equal when it comes to the accuracy and range of a marker. Since fire-arm dynamics do not work with paintballs, neither open bolt nor closed-bolt markers have better range or accuracy. It truly depends on the paint-to-barrel match and the consistency of your marker.

My AIM Intimidator is better than your Automag. Get over it.
    Hobart Paintball AIM Paintball

are they accurate (consistent) yes
    are they presice (hit a set target) well, as good as any other paintball marker

wait...i may have switched those to, whatever