Thread: RE: Tom's Tech Tip on kickback

RE: Tom's Tech Tip on kickback

I just listened to Tom's Tech Tip of the week on Paintball Radio. (Love that show, BTW!)
    I agree that marker kick will not affect a single shot, but what about the subsequent shot? As you fire the marker again, won't the kick from the first shot effect the placement of the second. I know we can break down terms here also. "Accuracy" as opposed to "perceived accuracy". Now if you mean any given shot, as it stands alone, will not be affected by kickback, fine. If your saying a string of paint from my old ProCarbine were just as accurate as a string from a mag, then I would have to disagree.
    Whatdaya think?

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

no one cares? My first foray into Deep Blue is a dud!
    If you don't know what I'm talking about. go here and listen to the Gun Kick show.

Newton, MA :) (Moved, but still a Boston boy!)
    Doobie, don't worry. Huntington Beach is going on so not many people are checking out this forum. I am, and you definitely make a very valid point. I remember hanging out with some paintballers, one shooting a spyder, the other a matrix. They'd fire a shot and notice how the spyder's barrel "jumped" far more than the Matrix's. Now, if I was trying to keep paint trained on a specific spot, I'd much rather have the matrix because my shooting would be more accurate. The shot is going where the barrel is pointed, but the barrel is not where I intended it to be pointed because of the bounce. I think that is where guns like cockers can be considered more accurate, by spacing out the "kick" by seperating the cocking and firing stages, they don't jump as much. You have a point, and welcome to Deep Blue.
    Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hreadid=105565
    Feedback on EBAY under QUINCYMASSGUY
    Good traders: paintcatcher, a few others