Thread: thoughts on.......

thoughts on.......

autococker JAM bolt, i read the reviews on pb review but i want more, anyway thoughts, concerns, problems, anything better?

I got one. I didn't like it. From what I've seen you either love them or hate them.
    I'm no dumby on cockers and I coundn't get it to stay "tuned". I gave up with it never working for me. After a few e-mails to the company and time after time of working on it at the field. I don't know if something is wrong with mine or what. Never got a full days use out of it.
    You have to adjust it using your cocking rod. Mine would either pinch too hard and chop (bolt not going back far enough. Or it would double feed (bolt being open too long). I know it wasn't my detents because the same detents work fine with my stock bolt, my wgp derlin bolt, and my halo and revy. BTW, I only ever used the revy with the jam bolt.
    On a few occasions it would seem to work temporarily but never for more than a game or two. And even then it would not do as its supposed to. It would stop on the ball, you'd have to physically pull back the backblock and hope it wouldn't chop.
    It would pinch the paint though if you held a ball in the breech.