Thread: Pre set nitro tanks

Pre set nitro tanks

Question about nitrogen tanks. I right now have a preset nitro tank, PMI. When at the store I bought it with my mag, and now I have heard from many sources that I should have gotten an adjustable tank. I didnt even know they existed, guess the guy at the store wasnt really helping me at all, last time I go there. Anyway I was wondering if there was anyway to make a nitotank adjustable? can an airsmith do it or what? Lemmy know thx
    "I have become death, shatterer of worlds"
    "Once a sniper always a sniper." - Chris White

ok, it is good to have an adjustable tank with a retro valve because the reactivness depends on the output pressure.

if you have a regular mag, it doesn't matter. you can have an iarsmith replace the regulator, but it would be expensive and probably cheaper to sell your current tank and buy a new one.

if you have a mag without a retro valve, don't worry.

Im using an RT pro and im getting an autococker soon, I heard its nice to run cockers on low presure too. Damnit lol now I gotta sell my nitro tank! /curses

Your RT-Pro will run fine with a preset. The output will be 800-850psi, which is in the middle for reactiveness. The on-gun reg will also work perfectly with a preset.

The only thing you can't do is adjust the psi for more or less "bounce" of the trigger, but like I said, 800-850 is where most guys set it anyway.

Well...

Army hit the answer on the nose...

On the other hand, there are such things as "Second Stage Regulators." If you are using an RT-Pro, then check out the PMI Pure Energy THOR (PE2001) Regulator, it's designed to screw into the bottom of your trigger frame, or onto a drop forward. It replaces your current ASA, you can screw your preset tank into it. Follow the links bellow to get more info.

1. http://www.xpaintball.com/secstagreg.html

2. http://www.bbtpaintball.com/catalog.html

i wouldn't recommend another reg like zero suggested. this could cause shootdown. you don't want more thna 2 regulators, its not necessary.

Exactly...

That is true, you really do not need a second stage reg, for an RT-Pro, you will easily get used to the trigger pull. I was just presenting another solution than selling the old fixed tank and getting a new one that is adjustable, if you really want to adjust the reactiveness of the trigger.

Thx for the info guys, I know alot of you guys have cockers too and was curious if anyone know what I would need to do to a cocker to run it LP? using the pre set tank. I read somewhere that its nice to have the gun around 250psi, would I have to get that regulatar that Zero was talking about? or what. lemmy know cause im getting a cocker too soon and am curious if I will need a new tank. Thx

well, you need a number of upgrades to run a low pressure cocker. i would suggest going to a cocker owners group to get the full info, although there are some people around here that know the marker pretty well. you could have a preset tank, and then have another reg that lowers the pressure to 250.

okies ill go check out the owners group thans =)