Thread: CF Dynaflow Tank Problem?

CF Dynaflow Tank Problem?

Asking anyone with knowledge in HPA tanks to provide any assistance they have in this situation.

I have a Center Flag Dynaflow 68/4500 tank. This past weekend, while playing, I heard a pop and air vented out of the front of the tank for about 2 seconds then stopped.

I looked at the tank and noticed my low pressure gauge was way off, Reading over 1500 PSI output. I figured that when the initial high burst of air leaked out it warped the LP gauge reading.

The tank will still operating ok after that little incident, but I wanted to make sure. So I released all the air from the tank and unscrewed the front of the reg off. I took out the Reg spring and noticed 3 black plastic like pieces stuck in the spring.

Other than the black pieces which I cleared out and the bad gauge, the tank still seems to work just fine.

Anyone know what those black plastic type pieces are and is it something that will need me to send in my tank for service? Any help would be appreciated.
    Wherever you go, there I am.
    My Webpage: http://betamax.xwarzone.com

i just sent in my dynaflow today, otherwise i would take it apart and look. FYI, if your rail on your regulator breaks, like mine did, call centerflag and send in the tank and regulator, and for $101, you get a new regulator, parts kit, and the bottle you sent in. WIth the new regulators, the rail is bolted on versus being part of the reg. That way when your rail breaks, all you have to do is bolt on a new one.

As to your problem, I suggest calling Centerflag. Ask for Josh, he's really cool. You probably need to get a parts kit from them because the plastic came from somewhere, and it probably needs to be put back where it came from. I know that i have taken my reg apart and I do not remember seeing any plastic pieces like that. I mean logicaly thinking, something isn't right.

Please PM and let me know the final outcome. Us Dynaflow user's seem to be few and far between, so I would like to know what to do if it happens to mine.

Will do. Thanks for the input. I might as well call them in spite to see if I can upgrade to the new Reg. Hate to have my rail break later on and have to go that rought anyways.

Will keep you informed.

Thanks again.

sounds good. but CF might not trade in the reg just cause you want a new one. It might need to be broken.

Re: CF Dynaflow Tank Problem?

Other than the black pieces which I cleared out and the bad gauge, the tank still seems to work just fine.

Anyone know what those black plastic type pieces are and is it something that will need me to send in my tank for service? Any help would be appreciated. [/B][/QUOTE]

Betamax...these are likely pieces of the black buna o-ring which is part of the on/off assembly in the regulator. If you would like the reg repaired you can call us for an RA number, or we can walk you through a repair on the phone.

Adam (I work for CenterFlag)
    AO's resident CenterFlag salesguy...

Re: Re: CF Dynaflow Tank Problem?

Originally posted by tasker89
    Betamax...these are likely pieces of the black buna o-ring which is part of the on/off assembly in the regulator. If you would like the reg repaired you can call us for an RA number, or we can walk you through a repair on the phone.

Adam (I work for CenterFlag) [/B]
    Thanks for the support. I called and will be RA'ing it in.

Originally posted by rmhawk
    sounds good. but CF might not trade in the reg just cause you want a new one. It might need to be broken.
    Funny you saying that, I was looking at the rail as I was talking to Jeff at CenterFlag, and noticed that it had a crack. He said to send it in and they would replace it with the new one and swap internals and such. Of course for a small fee for labor and parts and such.

God I love companies that take care of its customers.

We aren't the biggest in the world...so we try to do right by our customers. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Originally posted by rmhawk
    i just sent in my dynaflow today, otherwise i would take it apart and look. FYI, if your rail on your regulator breaks, like mine did, call centerflag and send in the tank and regulator, and for $101, you get a new regulator, parts kit, and the bottle you sent in. WIth the new regulators, the rail is bolted on versus being part of the reg. That way when your rail breaks, all you have to do is bolt on a new one.

As to your problem, I suggest calling Centerflag. Ask for Josh, he's really cool. You probably need to get a parts kit from them because the plastic came from somewhere, and it probably needs to be put back where it came from. I know that i have taken my reg apart and I do not remember seeing any plastic pieces like that. I mean logicaly thinking, something isn't right.

Please PM and let me know the final outcome. Us Dynaflow user's seem to be few and far between, so I would like to know what to do if it happens to mine.
    Did they give ya an ETA on when you would get your tank back or should I say, how long did it take to get it back once you sent it in?

Just wanted to know so I can time it right between tournies.

I sent it out on Monday, April 5. Josh said that if I got it to him by Friday, April 9, he would send it out on Monday, April 12. UPS Tracking says that my tank will be there on Friday, April 9, so I hope to have it back by Friday, April 16. He did say that there was no guarantee, however.

We try to turn around RA's as soon as we can...but we usually promise 10 working days to be safe.

Welp, CF got my tank on 4/8. Hopefully they can get it back to me by 4/16

beta - don't count on it. i called CF and asked for Josh, and the lady said no one works there by that name, after she told that that was his name a week earlier. Anyways, i sent mine in on 4/5, and i was called on 4/14 saying that it was done and would be shipped out on 4/15.

Our primary tech's name is Jeff. We have not had a Josh working here for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by rmhawk
    beta - don't count on it. i called CF and asked for Josh, and the lady said no one works there by that name, after she told that that was his name a week earlier. Anyways, i sent mine in on 4/5, and i was called on 4/14 saying that it was done and would be shipped out on 4/15.
    Well I must have misheard him when we spoke on the phone.

BTW I got my tank back yesturday fyi. I had min shipped out 4/7 overnighted so they got it 4/8. They called me on 4/12 saying they were finished and I had then 2-day air back to me.. Hence how I got it back so quickly.

Thanks again CF

oh man you suck! I don't know why the lady told me that the tech's name was Josh. Maybe it's just me and i heard her wrong.