Thread: Shootdon-every other shot

Unhappy Shootdon-every other shot

when i was playing today my mag would get major shoot down every other time i shot. I wasnt short stroking the trigger, and i replaced the reg seat and the orings in the on off. THen the tank never did screw as far in as it usually does, but it shot fine. Then i took the tank off and when i went to put it back on it went as far in as it usually does, but does the shoot down every other shot, the ball barely comes out of the barrel....sorry for typos i am in a hurry.

You using CO2?

nope

a pmi 68 steel preset with about 2000 psi in it

Pin valve might be depressing the pin on the tank too far cutting off flow. Right once the pin in the tank hits the pin in the ASA, turn it one full turn and leave it there. If that doesn't work, you have some other flow restriction. Get your tank tested to make sure its output is good.

It may be your air tank. The best way to confirm is to use another air tank or use that air tank on another gun. If the airtank is ok, Try this.

Remove the velocity adjustment screw and the spring pack. Using a dental pick (or similar tool) remove the brass colored casing (looks like a spent bullet casing) that is beneath the spring pack. Check/replace the o-ring on the casing and lightly oil the o-ring and the sides of the caing. If that o-ring is swollen or the that casing is dry, the air will not recharge fully every time. After re-assembly, put a few drops of oil (paintball oil only) into the ASA, air it up and fire two dozen times w/o barrel to properly lubricate.

I think BlackVCG probably hit the nail on the head. Try this fix and let us know if it worked.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

something else that could cause shootdoown is a bad sear.

another thing you might want to check is if you have a kink in your hosing. that can restrict the flow majorly.