Thread: CO2 on Mags

CO2 on Mags

I found this article online about CO2 and how companies tell you that their guns don't run on CO2 but if you set your gun up properly they will run off CO2. Is this true for all guns including mags?

Classic valve mags will work fine with CO2. Running an expansion chamber and anti-siphon tank will help keep liquid CO2 out of the valve.

RT valves, however, cannot take CO2 in any form.

one thing you can do for a clasic valve that i saw on my video is take a 2-3 foot peace of hose and coil it and use zip ties to hold it together and that should keep all the liquid out
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

Classic valve + remote + expansion chamber = no worries

Like Dayspring said the RT valve cannot use it because of the unique way the regulator works on it. It use an overly high input pressure and then has a spring system to shut the input air off once it reaches its operating pressure. Creating a faster recharge rate. If you use CO2 there you'll get hot shots if any trace amounts of liquid gets into the gun. The classic valve was designed for CO2, but it hates liquid, but the liquid won't over pressurize it. Its reg is designed to prevent that.

Other guns, like bushmasters, impulses, autocockers, etc and the like can use CO2 even though people will act like they hate you when you do. All these guns use a basic Sheridan style valve. And by using your reg or velocity adjuster you can control the CO2 just like you would HPA, and have little problems in warmer weather. The problem comes when liquid gets into the gun. You can fry your solenoids and other pricey equipment (low pressure regs) by over pressurizing when the liquid expands. In reality using CO2 on these guns gets just as expensive as running a cheap HPA tank because you have to have a nice regulator that keeps liquid out of the gun (Palmer's), and the best rigs I've seen are duel regged with a male and female stabilizer. After you've invested this much money ($80-90 each) in the CO2 air system you could have a nice HPA air system. So unless you can not get HPA in your area I wouldn't waste the time or money on it. But if you are wanting it for the cool/uniqueness of it then go ahead.

Also the HPA sytem will require less work to get working. You just screw it in and it works. You'll have to tune the regs well with the CO2, and then you may still experience shootdown if you are shooting very fast.
    My Feedback

My other gun is made of Brass!!!

You "can" shoot rt valves on co2.. I don't recomend it though..

also with classic valve.. I never needed an x chamber.. i just run anti syphon.

Other guns, like bushmasters, impulses, autocockers, etc and the like can use CO2 even though people will act like they hate you when you do. All these guns use a basic Sheridan style valve. And by using your reg or velocity adjuster you can control the CO2 just like you would HPA, and have little problems in warmer weather. The problem comes when liquid gets into the gun. You can fry your solenoids and other pricey equipment (low pressure regs) by over pressurizing when the liquid expands. In reality using CO2 on these guns gets just as expensive as running a cheap HPA tank because you have to have a nice regulator that keeps liquid out of the gun (Palmer's), and the best rigs I've seen are duel regged with a male and female stabilizer. After you've invested this much money ($80-90 each) in the CO2 air system you could have a nice HPA air system. So unless you can not get HPA in your area I wouldn't waste the time or money on it. But if you are wanting it for the cool/uniqueness of it then go ahead.
    Big quote, but it's all true.