Thread: Hydroing tanks...

Hydroing tanks...

I have a pure energy 48 cu tank i bought about 1-2 years ago. Am i supposed to get this tank hydro'd like scuba tanks should be? and if so how often?
    Level 7 Automag 68 Classic

Yes, and if its 1-2 years old it probably is every 3 years.

Manike-It's still early days. One thing for sure is that the future is going to be interesting, and we intend to be a BIG part of it.

Check the date on the bottom right corner of the tanks sticker. I have a Pure Energy 3000psi 48ci that had a rehydrotest date good for five years.

if u bought it used check the dat if u bought it new it should not have to be hydroed for anothe 3 years there is a date on a sticker or carved in the tank, it will tell u there. i had the same problem a while back.
    and to answer your question they do have to be hydroes like scubas.
    let littlepaintballboy rise from his life time ban.
    come on ao, join the banned wagon.
    i am calling 17 more days til i am gone also.
    ummm... becuase loyalty produces baller's!

o ya and if u ever upgrade to carbon fiber, you never have to have them hydroed.

Originally posted by paintballa44
    o ya and if u ever upgrade to carbon fiber, you never have to have them hydroed.
    Where the hell did you hear that?! Carbon fiber tanks still have to be hydro'd...

yeah I heard that the carbon fiber ones need to be hydro'd. They can still fail due to internal tank corrosion and from damage to teh carbon fiber.

What I was wondering was how much it cost to get them hydro'd since I haven't done that yet.
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be
    a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
    labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    -bash quote

You go ahead and dont hydro a carbon fiber tank. Sorry if I dont join you in blowing up....

Originally posted by goddom
    yeah I heard that the carbon fiber ones need to be hydro'd. They can still fail due to internal tank corrosion and from damage to teh carbon fiber.

What I was wondering was how much it cost to get them hydro'd since I haven't done that yet.
    well...you heard wrong.

new tanks made today for paintball, both carbon fiber and aluminum are MOSTLY all 5-year hydros with a 25 year life.

To get a tank hydroed costs around $20 and can be done at your local scuba shop most likely

Originally posted by goddom
    yeah I heard that the carbon fiber ones need to be hydro'd.
    Originally posted by Kevmaster
    well...you heard wrong.
    Actually, he heard right.

not sure where you live

but these guys are good:

http://www.hydrotester.com/

quick turn around and decent prices.

the date is punched into the tank or screened on (depending on what it is [fiber or aluminum]) i believe its the luxfer (correct me if im wrong on that name. my gear is on the other side of the house and im WAY to lazy to walk over there) fiber tanks that are 5 year hydro, the ones that dont say that are 3, and aluminum tanks are 5 year as well. scubas as far as i know are 5 year hydro too.

and a side note, if you plan on filling a tank to 3k or 4.5k every weekend, 3 to 5 times a day, for 5 years, and insist on not getting it hydroed, you are just asking for big trouble.

• Carleton cylinders tested prior to July 1, 2001 are good for 3 years.
    • Carleton cylinders manufactured or tested after July 1, 2001 are good for 5 years.
    • Luxfer cylinders tested prior to May 11, 2001 are good for 3 years.
    • Luxfer cylinders tested after May 11, 2001 are good for 5 years.
    • This applies to Carleton Technologies DOT-E-11194 and Luxfer Cylinders DOT-E 10915 tanks only.
    • Cylinders Dual Marked ?TC-SU 5134/DOT-E 10915" must be retested every 3 years if you're in Canada.

E-11194 Carbon filament "CFFC" cylinders:

Manufactured or tested after July 1, 2001 must be reinspected and hydrostatically retested at least once every 5 years. If the retest was done prior to July 1st, the next retest must be done within 36 months. All subsequent retests must then be done every 5 years.

At Work -AO is about as boring as my job now -7/19/05
    I was in line to fill my tank at a field and the guy in front of me had his tank blow while gettin it filled. He had 2 weeks left before he had to hydro. All it did was scare the crap out of a couple of people there. Can they actually blow up or injure people?

When a scuba tanks blows it can destroy a small building. SO ithink that HPA tank can do a fair amount of damage even though they are significantly smaller. When people fill them they usually don't have a protected area that they do it, the guy is standing right there. So yeah people can and probably have been hurt. Same if you drop the thing.

Originally posted by Chris42050
    I was in line to fill my tank at a field and the guy in front of me had his tank blow while gettin it filled. He had 2 weeks left before he had to hydro. All it did was scare the crap out of a couple of people there. Can they actually blow up or injure people?
    Did the tank blow up or did the burst disk pop. They are two very different things, and if the tank had blown up I doubt you'd be here to tell the story.

Super Moderator at Pbreview.com

my appologies to goddom....

misread that. sorry bro