Thread: AGD Relic: Centennial Minimag #900

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow,

Even Tom steps up with a little info on this gun... That makes me feel good.

But that raises a few questions to me... How many Centennials were actually made, how many were "destroyed" ... And the fate of the questionable number of ones left...

Also, more importantly to me, what specs where changed and how will that effect me and this gun, any maintenance and replacement parts.

Just on a side note to the quality of AGD guns. This gun has been fully in use since it was made in what I am guessing 91? .. and after taking the gun (not the valve apart yet I am a bit nervous) ... Proves very true that all you need to do is drop a little oil in it. Because in the last 5 years since Dale sold this gun to my friend that is the only thing that has been done to it, very much to my surprise. Because according to him that is all that Dale told him to do and if he needed anything else done to it to bring it back to him. And the gun was fully functional and played with on the field the day that I took ownership of it. Not bad for valves that "all became obsolete so we had to destroy them" to quote Tom.

I took this gun apart this morning and found five years of heavy rec ball worth of mud, old paint shells, goo, and debris in every aspect and nook and cranny of the body, rail, frame, & sear. That I am having fun trying to clean it all out. It has even caused a little pitting on the old style sear sides, on the top of the rail, and underside of the body. The powder coating on the body is not bad considering what it has gone through, but the black powerder coating on the old style Steel frame is garbage and will have to be redone. The bolt that hold the saftey spring in place is gone, and was held in place just by the pressure of the frame against the rail. And it is odd seing a spring inside the frame to help the sear return. I don't know this spring prevent me from using a standard I-Frame on this gun? This is fun for me because I don't have much experice with Valves this old.

Thanks again for any kind comments or information...

I would suggest trying to get a hold of a pump kit and dropping that into it if you're going to add any upgrades, just to keep it oldschool.
    Good Traders:JoeyJoe367, Blazestorm213, RetardedRiceBowl, rsadich,PaInTbALL zAcH, jwyke. John Dresser, Xas, Darrikws,whydoineedausername

Splat Attack Revenge V2 LE FS

Conquest FS

There is actually nothing obsolete about it. At that time we switched suppliers and the new guys were giving us much better finishes etc. The new parts looked so nice we didn't want to sell the old looking stuff any more and hence we opted to dump the centenials which were the only ones really left.

AGD

My wife shoots Minimag MM00697. Do I need to quit using it every couple of weekends?
    Markers of Massacre
    AGD Minimag, Level 10, Lapco Bigshot
    MacDev Cyborg, 7 Piece MatchStik, 04 Conquest, 25g Trigger Mod CyborgOwner.com