Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4500 Flatline Update (pics)

I say go for a little more testing.. release them asap though, once you have a pretty good idea that a new design works..
    What tank sizes is it going to be available in? I think you should make 45,68,and 88ci.. I like the 68ci myself, the 3k 68s were PERFECT for me, but some people like smaller, some bigger.. personally- not IF, but WHEN i get one.. i'm going to have to take a hard hard look at 45s.

Well... I went ahead and picked up myself a used 68/3000 for the time being from one of our members here on AO. I must say the Guages and the on-off on these Flatlines is the nicest set up of any tank I have seen up close so far. Very nicely done. So I can hold out for a while now.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Just wanted to move this one back up to the top to stir the pot a bit...i'm getting my baby converted to an eMag soon and i think she'd be really happy with me if she found a 68/45 flatline under the christmas tree for her..

So when maybe?

WHat is the ETA on the 68/4500 Flatlines? I'm not in any hurry, but I'd like to get one... So any ideas?

Animal Mother Guest
    BLAHHHHHH!!!!!

Dirty rat! I thought this was news about new reg seats.

Miscue, me too. Darn, my tank has been sitting at Extreme Rage over a month just waiting for AGD to send them a new reg seat for me.

Darn you Animal Mother!!!
    Pewter SFL E-Mag #EM01569
    Pewter Shocktech Intimidator

My Trading Feedback

Extraordinary Traders:
    Johnny Bravo

Good Traders:
    fcpchop, Xerces, Piccolo, hawpunch, Boble86, NCpaintballer, Chupas2, shrapnel, gump1119, Methos, PunkOff, TheFlamingKoosh, RogueFactor, Jonesie

now i just need to buy me a flatline 4500 somewhere....

dangit i just read every post thinking this was new news
    grrrr
    "The Few Who Do Are The Envy Of The Many Who Only Stand And Watch"

Alway Remember *343*

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Animal Mother Guest
    Sorry duders... just want this thread put back up. Tom.. we really need this... stop X Y Z grips annd whatever else. Fix your current products before you make new ones, please.

I sent SIX brand new 4.5K reg. seats back to AGD after IAO 2K3. That's $2,400 in sales. They have been given to Dave Zupan and from there, who knows what will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them get tossed because they aren't "to spec". Most of those seats were junk because they didn't drill the taper face properly. Well, as far as I'm concerned, the whole taper face idea is junk. I've been running the reg. seats backwards in all of my systems without any issues, but I highly doubt they'd do this from the factory.

My 4.5K Flatlines pissed me off so much I was ready to go to AA stuff before I flipped the seats. They creeped, had horrible flow and were never consistent with the seats installed the "proper" way.

BlackVCG can we do this to tanks that already have been filled/used with reg seat, or must it be a brand new reg seat to flip over?

Thanks,
    Brett

rofl

That was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Good job, Animal Mother!

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

I've done it on seats that have already been used and didn't have a problem. However, some of the seats get a bit deformed in the center and they actually "expand" a bit. If you take some dial calipers and measure the thickness, it should be .120". Make sure it isn't bulging out in the center of the seat at all.

To properly take out the seat, you need to unscrew the output adjuster and the spring pack. Make sure to note the orientation of the spring pack. If it's put in backwards it won't flow any air. Keep the spring pack in the adjuster when you set it aside so you can put it right back in the reg. body when you go to reassemble. Now, push out the piston from the side the seat is on with a toothpick or a small allen wrench. Push on the tip of the piston and once it's past the seat, you can pull it out the backside. Now you can just lift the seat out of reg. body, inspect it and then flip it over.

Put the reg. body face down with the seat in the pocket and pressed against a table. Push in the piston from the backside until you feel the stem of the piston pop into the seat. Lift it up and hold the corner of the seat with one hand while pushing on the piston from the backside to fully seat the piston. Put your spring pack back on and gas it up and dial in your output.