Thread: Q-Loader vs Warp

Question Q-Loader vs Warp

For those of you who have used either the Q-Loader or AGD warp-feed (or both), which system do you guys like better? What are the pros and cons of each system? I am planning to buy one of them in a couple weeks so any input would be very appreciated (plz don't just answer which you like better.. lemme know what you liked and disliked w/ whatever you used).

Thanks in advance.

-SYko
    Last edited by SykoManiak; 05-28-2004 at 02:23 PM.

only used a warp and it worked great never had any problems and the q-loader is probably just as good in its own rights but it only holds 100 or so balls and can be time consuming and a pain to refill as opposed to a warp with 12 vlt revvy can hold near 210

I'd go with the Q.
    FOR SALE: Intelliframe, AGD Flatline, AA Apocolypse, Powerlight Scepter, and more!!

Big Sale!!!!!!!

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=199508
    http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=473692
    http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=vickbaron
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1493651#post1493651

the warp feed still uses gravity to feed through the hopper on top of it so it is next to impossible to get a long string with the gun inverted so much that the hopper isnt feeding.. q-loader relies on spring pressure so you can shoot the full thing with the gun upside down if you chose to do so but it only holds 100 rounds and during the time it takes you to load you are pretty much a sitting duck. so it comes down to which attribute you like best shoot anywhere anytime(q) or beable to reload and hold more paint at any given time(warp)

May I ask why you aren't sticking with a regular hopper?

the warp has so many downfalls. if your paint is to oily, itll slip on the discs. also, with my old warp, anything that went wrong did- battery cable came off the board, screws came out, etc. also, it makes your gun pretty heavy and bulky. The only advantage to the warp that i could see was a much smaller top profile. dont get warp, and try out a qloader on a gun to see how you like it.
    Yummy yummy yummy, I've got fun in my tummy.

It really depends on your game I think. I used to have a warp back in the day. Well still have it, just dont run it anymore. It worked well for me when I used to play back because it really aided in giving me a clearer line of sight along the top of the gun and in shooting longer strings of paint. But after joining the army and becoming significantly more athletic and mobile, I stopped playing back, and coincidentally got used to a magazine style loading system with less ammo so I now prefer the Q.
    Kosmo For President '08, '12, '16... However long it takes

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden
    May I ask why you aren't sticking with a regular hopper?
    Well, i would like to try playing w/ a smaller top profile since i usually get tagged on my hopper or mask so i'm sure it would help.. plus i like how ppl might think i'm just looking at them if they don't see a hopper sticking out of the bunker.. to me a little suprise goes a long way.

So far, i think i'm gonna go with the Q.. but it is a little pricey so i'm still not too sure.. but thanks for the responses guys and keep them comin!!

i have a warp the only problem i've had is not being able to switch to my off hand
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

ph34r it:

I can't seem to find the 50-rounder that I use. I wonder if they discontinued it... maybe it's a collector's item now? I'd better hang on to it eh!
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Q's are real expensive and hard to find a high quality mounting option. they are lighter than the warp (no batteries and no hopper)...(also not as much paint is lighter) warp you can hold more paint is the main advantage. and you can still shoot while reloading.
    how many times have you shot someone who was trying to bunker you while you were reloading. w/the Q there is no stack pressure when reloading so you are helpless. with the warp when you reload there are still a crucial 5-8 balls you can shoot. so more balls w/the warp and not a sitting duck while reloading.
    -durty

*edit*the guy complaining about the off hand. why do you have to go offhand? lean. commonly called the "warp-lean"

Quote Originally Posted by durtysoufcraka
    *edit*the guy complaining about the off hand. why do you have to go offhand? lean. commonly called the "warp-lean"
    well i'm a lefty and my right hand is that fastest but yes i do tilt and lean

Quote Originally Posted by SykoManiak
    Well, i would like to try playing w/ a smaller top profile since i usually get tagged on my hopper or mask so i'm sure it would help.. plus i like how ppl might think i'm just looking at them if they don't see a hopper sticking out of the bunker.. to me a little suprise goes a long way.

So far, i think i'm gonna go with the Q.. but it is a little pricey so i'm still not too sure.. but thanks for the responses guys and keep them comin!!

Instead of spending a boatload of money on a Q or Warp, try tilting your hopper into the bunker. Plus, most hopper hits would end up being mask hits anyway if your hopper wasn't there.

Instead of spending a boatload of money on a Q or Warp, try tilting your hopper into the bunker. Plus, most hopper hits would end up being mask hits anyway if your hopper wasn't there.
    yeah, i see what you're saying.. but the warp or Q is a change of style that not only lowers ur top profile, but it also increases your line of sight over the gun by taking the hopper off the top. it's a slight change that i'm willing to try.

Well I have both right now and I just finish playing a few games with the Q-loader after taking off my warp feed. Here are my pros and cons of each:

WARP

PROS:
    - Solid mounting option of either left or right of grip frame
    - Can hook up to an Intelly frame to fire every time you pull the trigger
    - Allows you to use a normal hopper
    - Has very little ball breaks inside
    - Won't force the balls where there is a jam or your not firing
    - Fills in any spaces that your hopper might cause so there is a straight flow of paint
    - Different colors to match the gun
    - Solid design and well constructed (like all AGD products)
    - Easy to clean and take apart
    - Lets you shoot sideways or upside down (for playing in space)

CONS:
    - Heavy
    - Can't shoot left handed very well if it's mounted on the left
    - Large target
    - Can't feed the leftover balls in the hose after they leave the warp unit
    - Uses batteries
    - Makes noise every time you shoot
    - Uses sound activation so if it doesn't feel or hear your gun it won't load
    - You can only mount it on the left or right

Q-Loader

PROS:
    - Very light and compact
    - Insainly fast (30+bps)
    - Mountable almost anywhere if you have enough hose
    - Very simple design and operation
    - Feels like a real clip for a gun
    - Made of strong plastic
    - Lowers profile more then the warp
    - Allows you to shot right side, left side or even laying down (like in a snake it works great)
    - Just a little bigger then a normal pod so you can carrey them in your pack
    - Comes complete with everything you need so you don't have to add a hopper
    - NO BATTERIES!
    - Easy to clean up afterwards

CONS:
    - ONLY HOLDS 100 BALLS!
    - Takes a long time to load pods with paint
    - If you miss adding 1 ball then it will missfire once when playing
    - Forced the balls so hard that sometimes it loaded 2 balls at a time (at least on my micromag)
    - Parts come out a little too easy and you can loose them
    - Sometimes breaks paint when disconnecting the pods
    - Uses really cheap plastic for the tubing
    - Metal mounting bracket can scratch up the gun
    - Has to click into place just right to engage correctly (hard to do in the middle of a game)
    - Pods cost about $25 each so you can't throw them to the side
    - Takes up a lot of time between games to get the pods ready
    - Made from a new company with no reputation or background
    - Takes some work to get it working right out of the box

Conclusions:
    I've always love the idea of a warp like system where I can take the hopper off the top of my gun. I started out with a warp and then I just bought the Q-loaded. After playing with both I'd say the warp is much more user friendly and practical. The Q-loader is great if you are only going to be shooting 100 balls a game and have 10 minutes between games to reload your pods. If you carrey a pack with several pods out with you then you'll have to be reloading and carfully replacing the pods every few minutes.

I shoot about 100-200 rounds a game. I've never used a pack and I don't plan to anytime soon. I thought the Q-loader would be great for me. Then when it came down to me verse 3 guys and I had only 5 balls left... well it wasn't fun. I had to rock and roll each shot cause all the balls were in the tube and wouldn't feed. I ran out of paint 5 out of the 8 games I played. I hated haveing to call myself out because I ran out of paint.

If you use a pack and are used to loading up every few minutes then go for the Q-loader. It works great after you read the manual and tweak it a little bit. You do have to watch out for the random stuck pod that won't feed though. I was shakin it and doing everything I could till finally it just clicked and worked.

Check out the videos on the q-loader.com website to see how it works. I really does all the things it says it does like feed 30+bps and it's mountable almost anywhere. Just know that the ball limit will become a big deal no matter how much you shoot cause you'll have to reload sometimes and that take a lot longer then just loading up a hopper with a normal $2 pod you can throw around on the field.

I hope I've helped some of you. If you still have questions about either the warp or the Q-loader then email me. I'll post pictures on my collection page with me and my micromag w/ the Q-loader real soon. Later.

rgunn4@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Sk8ermog; 05-29-2004 at 03:47 AM.

Magglerock Guest

the Q is NOT EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO ANY HIGH-END LOADER!

How much will a new warp cost you? $85? Plus, you still need a quality motorized hopper. $90-100? Now, add battery cost over the lifetime of both these products. $30-50? In the end, the Q ($160) is much cheaper.

Magglerock Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SykoManiak
    yeah, i see what you're saying.. but the warp or Q is a change of style that not only lowers ur top profile, but it also increases your line of sight over the gun by taking the hopper off the top. it's a slight change that i'm willing to try.

Actually, half of those hopper hits will not end-up hitting you in the mask, since the lower profile allows you to get lower behind the gun, reducing your head profile as well.

heres a pro to warps, welll 2. Its AGD. and the warp is adjustable so you can tune the dwell time and the sensitivity

and then your arm/tank are sticking out of the bunker along with your head still.

personally i own both and i prefer my q its lighter, smaller, easier to use, and it ALWAYS has a ball in the breach i never had a shot skip or level 10 kick in at all throughout a day of play

I think I decided the only think I can do is get both and decide on my own. Once I figure out which I like better I can keep it and sell the other. Besides I have a mag and an angel. I need one for each right.

Im just wondering where to buy Q loader. I see them on ebay for 136 which would be about 15-20 dollars cheaper than the factory after shipping. Im just wondering if Q loader will still give you a warenty on those kits. I dont want to save 20 only to have something break and not be able to get the warrenty.

I sent them an email but I dont want to wait till monday to get a reply.

What do you guys think I should do?
    2k3 Viking Half Mill
    Pandora, Was Eyes
    SCM, Mighty Max

Hehe... Yes, that's right, when going over the top of a bunker, attempt to tilt your hopper into the bunker.

It's a visual joke folks; don't hurt yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy
    Hehe... Yes, that's right, when going over the top of a bunker, attempt to tilt your hopper into the bunker.

It's a visual joke folks; don't hurt yourselves
    owwy

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy
    Note to ballers... never go out the top of your bunker. Unless you're a deadbox sniper.

Or it's a bunker.

After my testing of my new Q-Loader today:

Q-loader - Great for scenario, good idea for the changing of clips, etc.
    Good for Rec ball, not going to need to have lots of paint.
    You can mount this practically enrywhere! (mines on the top of my Tac body attached to the feed neck.)

Warp Feed - Great for Tourneys. Un loads lots of paint very quickly. No need to load the clips like the q-loader. Can only mount on either side of the gun, not top or bottom.

Both however, feel the same in weight and balance the gun out the same way.

Moderate with Equality & Consistency in 2005!
    AO-WI: Player's List - Now with over 100 People!!!
    Karta #082
    Member #007 of the Unoffical Trina Fan Club
    Great Traders: automagfreek, ClassicMagger, Emagster, fire1811, Kevmaster, MrMag, Nicad, oldsoldier, RogueFactor, SpongeBobSquarePantsx2 , SteveDx10+, The Frymarker, Treefall25, Tunamanx3, warpfeedmod
    In Loving Memory of Eric "Po" Ison Oct. 10, 1974 - Dec. 31, 2004

Note to ballers... never go out the top of your bunker. Unless you're a deadbox sniper.

Or it's a bunker.
    Eh, I think telling people to "never go out the top of your bunker" is like... putting a cork on Ruprecht's fork. (Anyone seen Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?)

The cork's only there because Ruprecht keeps stabbing himself in the eye with it.

I've got an English teacher named Rupprecht. I hate that woman. Really do.

If I get your analogy... um, wait, I don't

Damn, I actually thought I got it but then I didn't. Damn 1:45 AM and alcohol consumption...

TheSaint Guest

Thumbs down F Q-loader

I liked the Qloader but what kind of crap is this?

I deal with a lot of dealers and wholesale stuff medical and paintball and have never ever got any thing like this some times I wont order a thing for a year and still have acounts.
    it just sounds like crap to me. Now that I get at least five guys a week that realy want one and now im not even selling them to them and gee I wonder why? has and other shops got any thing like this or not ?
    I realy dont care
    1. I dont have the time to show evrey one that got them how to use them
    2. the price went up on them
    3 any dirt or grain of sand locks them up

its just the fact that I did sell a nice chunk of them to people and this is how they do **** well **** Q loader

they lit the match that burned their own bridge.

May 14, 2004

Dear Q-Loader Dealer:

We regret to inform you that due to insufficient and/or irregular
    q-loader
    sales order volume from your company over the past 60 days your dealer
    status has been de-activated and your q-loader dealer account closed.

Also, as of this date, new dealer agreements have been suspended.

Sincerely,
    Kirk Alderson

Ancient Innovations Corporation
    111a ransom road, po box 2999, weaverville, ca 96093
    voice 530.623.4522 fax 530.623.3978 www.qloader.com

so tell me what you think ?
    is this just a small company that got action village to sell them and they said to them self f every one else?

like i said I realy dont care but you should know how this company works and it sucks.

and to tell you the truth stay with the warp feed it allways works and its ten times easyer to clean and yea so what it has batts.

I think Q-loaders are pretty nice, it's only holding 100 balls, that kills me. I like warp better for that main reason.

Here is me with my Q-loader on my micro:

I thought it was nice for the first few games. Then I decided to superman into a bunker:

The Q-loader took more of a beating then my warp could ever. I got up and the Q-loader was still feeding great. I just hated having to leave the field cause I was out of paint. I felt like such a NOOB! lol