Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midwest AO Day - My Master Plan

Midwest AO Day - My Master Plan

Okay folks. I have been at this forum for awhile, and like everyone I meet here (unlike over at the nation or PBF). But I noticed the disturbing lack of AO days (and lack of turn out of people at those AO days).

Here is my Master Plan:

1. Establish a council of sorts to work stuff out (lodging, date, place, food ect).

2. Select a field in the Midwest, in the center of the midwest where it would equal driving distance from South Dekota, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri.

3. Get enough AOer's to agree to come, if we are going to do this, we need a strong turn out.

4. Establish a firm date for the event, something everyone can agree on, with good predictable weather, I was thinking late September.

5. Play. Hopefully for two days.

Potential Fields:
    Mad Cow Paintball (Omaha Nebraska www.madcowpaintball.com)
    Husker Paintball (Plattsmouth Nebraska www.huskerpaintball.com)
    Splat Attack Paintball (Yankton South Dekota www.paintthefarm.com)
    Action Jacks Paintball (Central Iowa www.actionjackspaintball.com)
    Any other ideas are welcome

Council: (People to hammer out decisions, make the final decision to determine what is the best for the gathering, food, lodging, field, date ect.)
    1. Me (Andrew Tippett) (Heh no I don't have to be, but it's a suggestion )
    2. ????
    3. ????
    4. ????
    5. ????

Hopefully if we can get a big enough turn out we could get some celebrities (Clare, Tom) to come by.

Anyway for now, this is just an idea, throw things out, dates, places, general ideas.
    Last edited by JoyInTheMadness; 06-17-2004 at 10:40 AM.
    Live in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, South Dekota, or the surronding area?
    Check out
    AO Midwest Day

Pffft, lets just have it in illinoisI would help out, but unless it is in illinios there is no way I could make it.

www.TeamNever.com

Let's get some more ideas flowing.

The point of having it in the Center of the Midwest, is so it is an equal distance for all the people in the area, Illinios is too far east.

I'm interested

Super Moderator at Pbreview.com

i'd be interested. Just to throw out another field idea- Action Jacks paintball field in central IA. If anyone is interested you can check out actionjackspaintball.com.
    But I am up for playing anywhere.
    "Exactly how big were those 2 beers?"

Feedback at https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hreadid=129975

This is the kinda feedback we need here, let's get some life into this monster!

I'll throw my field up,

www.acpwarfield.com

Located in Bevington, IA (25 min south of Des Moines)

Thumbs up have it here...

Have it right in the middle of NE. Since nebraska is like the middle of the US, it will be just about the same distance from everywhere. I nominate Warped HQ in kearney NE. It's like exactly in the middle. I don't know if Ed would really like the idea tho. Don't mind me if you don't like the idea, it's like 12:00 in the mornin and I need sleep

~dan

Ed is to big of a freaking jackass next.

im liking somewhere in iowa
    BHH!! one step above

call up AGD and they will be willing to help out and even sponser the event. if theres a few others from my area willing to go id show up. like i said call up AGD and get this thing in the works and in the open you may get a nice turn out
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

Quote Originally Posted by Loud Tim
    im liking somewhere in iowa
    I need names of fields, not just "In Iowa" I will give AGD a call on monday.

www.66paintball.com Its in the south of missouri near springfield. The owner would probibly cut some kind of deal on paint. Like he will sell it for 45$ a case or something if he sells ## amount. He has 80 acres, so theres plenty of camping space for everyone. Theres 4 fields and we are putting up a 5th one now.

mcdkid-"Remember friends don't let friends surf pbnation"
    Check it out >>>>>> http://www.wdp.tv/fly/ <<<<<<

The #'s for my field are posted in the link above.

We have a very nice Indoor Field in Kansas City. Its called WW paintball. I will get the link for the website soon

i would come if it was at Splat Attack Paintball in Bridgewater, SD. it is an awesome field, run very very well, and hosts annual scenario games.
    talk to me on aim - mattthebest30
    or msn messenger - mattthebest_30@hotmail.com

what about the Indianans? or Ohioans? Michiganians? they're all midwest too... IL sounds pretty "Central" to me.
    "I thought it through and my worst brings out the best in you." - Taking Back Sunday
    "Cheating gets it faster." - Jimmy Eat World.

Paintball outfitters
    Boostie Bomb

Ok since Iowa is being said alot the fields in Iowa

ACP Warfield=Good field right off the interstate and the guy that helps run it is saying lets have it there. www.actionjackspaintball.com

Pro Team Products=Lots of fields right off interstate lots of hyper pipe fields some where around 3-4, x-ball field, woods, combat town, www.iowapaintball.com

Actionjacks= right off the interstate. dont know much about there rec field. www.actionjackspaintball.com

a few other fields is velocity(www.velocityiowa.com, powerstation(www.powerstationpaintball.com), lookout(www.lookoutpaintball.com),

Halliday can you think of anyother most of the fields in iowa are located just off the interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by notcreative
    Ok since Iowa is being said alot the fields in Iowa

ACP Warfield=Good field right off the interstate and the guy that helps run it is saying lets have it there. www.actionjackspaintball.com

Pro Team Products=Lots of fields right off interstate lots of hyper pipe fields some where around 3-4, x-ball field, woods, combat town, www.iowapaintball.com

Actionjacks= right off the interstate. dont know much about there rec field. www.actionjackspaintball.com

a few other fields is velocity(www.velocityiowa.com, powerstation(www.powerstationpaintball.com), lookout(www.lookoutpaintball.com),

Halliday can you think of anyother most of the fields in iowa are located just off the interstate.
    No, but you have the link to ACP messed up www.acpwarfield.com

If there really is a Boondocks, USA, I've found it.
    WTH...ummm, does anyone remember us, ya know, Minnesota, 'eh? I know there arent many AO-MNers but we do exist. A field in Iowa would be great for me and a friend I know would come. I'd definitely agree for to an AO Midwest day/event.

The ShadowMag
    Automag RT Black
    Intelliframe
    AGD 68/3k Flatline
    Kapp Drop Zone 3
    Proconnect
    12v Revvy
    Warp w/ 12v mod, LED, and on/off switch
    Dye Boomstick

Yup minnnesota kicks *** and Im very interested in this im wondering if its going to be a scenerio game or what but ya lets keeps this alive and do it.
    If God was a fly would you kill it.

warthog2t0 Guest
    i like the idea but idunno if it will work.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!

HAVE IT AT HUSKER its my "home feild"

YES! (i have wanted one of these for quite some time)

YES!

If there really is a Boondocks, USA, I've found it.
    It'll only work if we want it to.

I want it to.

C'mon guys dont let this die, Thats not the AO spirit.

Well i beleive madcow paintball is bring your own paint so i think it would be freindly for every one. IS there any other bring your own paint fields around?

Quote Originally Posted by Richter
    Well i beleive madcow paintball is bring your own paint so i think it would be freindly for every one. IS there any other bring your own paint fields around?
    Where's that? Website?

When does the summer heat start to fade in Iowa? First part of September? Maybe try late August just before all the students go back to school.

Mosquitoes and 80%+ humidity is not fun paintball. Though if it was mid to northern Iowa or just off highway 35 I'd go regardless.

CNC Emag
    Featherlight Viking

The heat is funny in Iowa lately. We have had some beautiful 80 deg days the past few weeks. The kind of days you can walk around outside and life is good.

Then Tues we had something like 85 deg with 97% humidity. Those are the kinds of days that make you wish you were an Eskimo.

Sept is good usually. It cools off by then.