Thread: On/off problem with X valve

On/off problem with X valve

Hi I purchased an X-valve and I can't get it to fit into my micromag body. It seems the on/off doesn't fit flush enough with the rest of the valve body to slide in and is hitting the edges of the micromag body. Is there some thing wrong with the valve? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It should fit. Is there something preventing the on-off assembly from going into the hole all the way?
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    It should fit. Is there something preventing the on-off assembly from going into the hole all the way?
    I took the on/off out and checked inside and I don't see anything that should block it. I also checked the X-valve diagram and everything seems to be where it should be. Its sticking out maybe the thickness of a finger nail but it's enough to prevent me from sliding the valve into the body. If I squeeze it it goes in, but when I relieve pressure it come back out. Could it be the two o rings?

Okay. You've probably got two pretty new orings. They fit tight together sometimes, push each other out and act like a spring. Add oil, hold it in, and insert. Shouldn't be an issue.

Put the assembly together while outside the valve. Put the small oring over the pin and then the large outer oring on over the small oring. See how they interact.

ULT? Too many shims?

are you sure its not the level 10 bolt binding in the body , i had to sand mine down a tad when i first installed the level 10 bolt because it was rubbing on the stainless steel ring inside the body .

I had a Gen2 MicroMag and an X fit VERY tight. I could get it in, but getting it back out was sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    ULT? Too many shims?
    This /\/\

Does it have a RT on/off , or a ULT ? Like Ando brought up if it is a ULT there just maybe too many shims in it. Although with it being a Micromag body you could have tolerance issues in it as well.

What kind of valve was in the marker before, and what bolt were you using?

Also one more thing to check, if it is an RT on/off make sure the halves are screwed together tight. I know it seems silly but I have had them loosen while doing some tuning to an on/off pin and when I went to put it back together the on/off wouldn't seat all the way down and it ended up just being the the top had backed off a bit.

I forgot about he level 10 bolt issues in the micromags. Check that the front lip of the level 10 fits into the breach area properly. You may need to sand it down a bit. It doesn't take much.

Quote Originally Posted by Coralis
    are you sure its not the level 10 bolt binding in the body , i had to sand mine down a tad when i first installed the level 10 bolt because it was rubbing on the stainless steel ring inside the body .
    me too, but the on/off does act like a spring, may need to push it in all the way as you slide the valve in.

Quote Originally Posted by morocomole
    me too, but the on/off does act like a spring, may need to push it in all the way as you slide the valve in.
    long round file..

Well it doesn't read like it's the bolt. He'll find that out when he shoots it

Only other thing I can tell ya is make sure your orings are in properly. They can get "tangled" up inside the on/off if not installed properly. Put your big oring down inside the on/off hole and install the small one on the on/off pin. That's a guaranteed way to keep the orings in place. Apply pressure downwards and it all should pop right in.

Like stated above. When Orings are new they can act like a spring and push the on/off out but not so much that it interferes with the installation of the valve.