For those of you that own an AGD Flatline HPA system, you might wonder if there's anything you need to do to maintain your system or how to repair leaks. The system is quite simple. Very similar in design to the Automag regulator, there's only a few o-rings you need to keep oiled and clean.

The first step in disassembly is to make sure the system is completely degassed. Once the tank is drained, take the tank off the gun. Next, you'll need to take off the cradle. To do so, you'll need a 1/8" hex key and a small cresent wrench or even a pair of pliers. Clamp the flat nut and unscrew the screws that hold the stainless band clamp to the drop forward arm. Once these are both off, the clamp will spread out and you can pull out the drop arm. Spread out the clamp just a bit and slide it over the front of the reg. and set it off to the side with your other parts. Now, you can unscrew the reg. body.

Here's the reg. body. You'll see the reg. body o-ring and the reg. seat o-ring. There's no line up issue with the reg. seat as in the AIR valve, since it's just an o-ring in the Flatline.

The next thing to do is disassemble the reg. internals.

Unscrewing the lock nut and then the output pressure adjusting nut will allow you to pull out these parts. They are shown in the order that they are assembled. With the piston (silver cylinder with stem) being the last thing you pull out. The spring pack should have a bit of grease on it. Just enough to keep it sealed from moisture and rusting. The grease does not lubricate or make the spring pack move smoother in any way. Therefore, it doesn't matter what grease you use on it. Just some kind of grease that will stay where you put it. The piston should be wiped off and oiled with a quality paintball oil. Clean off the smooth surface that the piston o-ring seals on inside the reg. body with a q-tip. Clean out the reg. seat pocket on the outside of the reg. body.

Next, reassemble the parts as shown. Make sure the spring pack goes in the way it came out. The end with the flat washer goes towards the piston. You can see in the pic that the black end facing the piston is slightly larger in diameter than the other end. This is the way it goes back together. I personally use a bit of anti-seize compound on the output pressure adjusting nut to lubricate the threads and keep the aluminum threads in the reg. body from wearing due to the stainless steel threads on the adjusting nut.

Tighten the adjusting nut just a bit past the point that it starts to build tension. This should be enough to get the system to gas up. You'll still have to dial in your desired output when you refill the tank and gas up your gun. Always make sure to work up to the desired pressure.

Oil the reg. seat o-ring and make sure it's clean. If you need a replacement, use the on/off top o-ring in an RT Parts Kit, or call AGD for some. Do NOT use a teflon o-ring out of the Mag parts kit. It won't seal properly. Put the o-ring back on as shown in the above pic. Oil the reg. body o-ring and screw the reg. body back onto the tank. Make sure it's completely tightened by hand.

Now it's time to put the cradle back on. Not exactly a simple task, but if you use the proper tools, it will go on without a problem. What I personally do is slide the clamp back on and then place the drop arm in its place. Next, I put one screw through the clamp, the drop arm and out the other side. I then take a small cresent wrench and tighten it on both sides of the clamp towards the back. This tightens the clamp enough that I can put the nut on the screw and tighten it up using my hex key and a pair of pliers. Now, I loosen the cresent wrench and the clamp doesn't expand since the front screw is tight. The next screw goes right in and and the nut can be started on the screw by hand and then tightened up. Make sure you get the screws snug so the drop arm can't move like it will if the screws are too loose.

Mount the system back on the gun and gas it up. Listen for leaks and check the output pressure. Dial it in to where you want it and cycle the gun a few times to make sure all the o-rings are set in.

If you experience erratic ouput, or creeping of the output pressure(meaning the output pressure does not stay the same from where you last set it), you need to replace the reg. seat o-ring. If the system isn't flowing properly, make sure the output is around 600-800psi(Mags), check for debris near the reg. seat o-ring and make sure the piston o-ring is clean and oiled.

The only other o-rings in the Flatline system are the two on the on/off cam and the on/off o-ring. These three o-rings should not require any service. If the system leaks with the on/off in the off position, you need to send it in to AGD. Replacing the on/off o-ring isn't something most users can do. You can prevent leaks due to an on/off o-ring not sealing and keep the entire system clean by always using a fill nipple cover. Getting dirt in the fill nipple and then filling the tank is by far the leading cause for inconsistent output, inadequate flow and leaks. Fill nipple covers cost at most $5 for the quick disconnect style caps and are an inexpensive insurance for keeping your system up to peak performance. You shouldn't need to oil your Flatline system often. Twice each playing season should be enough to keep the o-rings lubricated and clean.

-BlackVCG