Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flatline Reg. Maintenance.

Originally posted by BlackVCG
    I always replace the reg. seat. Otherwise, I get horrible shootdown.
    Sill I have to replace the reg. seat if I just clean the on/off o-ring? *Please say no, please say no*

Just don't unscrew the front reg. body. You can get at the on/off o-ring without taking off the front reg. body.

By just taking off the front part where you can change the output pressure with allen wrenches?
    Last edited by dio91; 01-05-2003 at 07:32 PM.

Originally posted by vortechcoupe
    ok, i have a 68/3K flatline. The problem is when the tank is full i'll set the output pressure at lets say 900, but when the tank press drops the output does also graduly with the tank pressure. I put a new reg seat in, which it already had a new one but it didn't change anything. Should i replace the piston oring? Thanks for any help.

Justin C
    Can anyone help? I'm about to just screw it and get a preset but i'll lose money and i like the higher output on my retro. Do ya'lls stay at the same pressure the whole time? well untill it gets below the output setting. Mine just slowing downs down and the trigger goes with it.

Justin C

Try replacing the piston o-ring. Also, if you have other micro gauges, try them. Your gauges might be displaying the wrong pressure.

just checking, if my 4500 flatline lost all of it air in a week while in the off position, i have to send it in to get the on/off fixed, or is it something i can do my self

Misfit first check the high pressure gauge, if it leaks from the threads, check also the fill port. If both are ok then you have to worry about the on/off.
    Some times the leak is from the bottle, i mean the neck where the regulator seat on the bottle, because of a bad reg. threads oring. That is rare.

yea, ill have to get it filled and check it for leaks

ok new problem
    I can't get mine 4500 to stay below 800 output. If I try to adjust it lower it will vent out the adjustment screw. Any ideas?
    and where can I get the lower pressure spring? I looked in the store, but they don't give any options for high or low output springs.
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

perhaps i've been huffing paint, but i think i recall that the spring pack from a <a target="_blank" href="http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=50&CATID=6">classi c valve</a> can be used to rig a flatline to run lower pressure.
    Originally posted by wyn1370
    ok new problem
    I can't get mine 4500 to stay below 800 output. If I try to adjust it lower it will vent out the adjustment screw. Any ideas?
    and where can I get the lower pressure spring? I looked in the store, but they don't give any options for high or low output springs.

ok so now why does it not adjust below 800PSI with the high pressure spring. It used to, but after a few replaced o-rings at skyball, it won't adjust any lower.

Arrow recharge

Hey guys..

I got a quick question or two. With a possible X-Valve on the way, I want my Flatline 3000 psi to be up to par. I have noticed that when I shot from the input of about 800psi, It will drop to 600ish and slowly come back to 800. If I shoot a fast string it stays pretty strong @ 600psi, but I don't think it is getting the full 800psi I have it set at. From what I have read in this post it sounds like it is either a dirt or reg seat problem. Any suggestions on this??

I guess it is about time to buy a flatline parts kit, so AGD store, here I come..

Also, I read a post where someone said that you can take the tank apart while it is gassed, I thought this was a big no no. I'll wait till someone responds before I do this :]
    After looking back at the poster, he was using a 4.5k flatline. I guess the 4.5k can be gassed and dissasembled while the 3k can't? Anyone wanna confirm?

Dan
    dan

wow such a quick response, impressive

Originally posted by wyn1370
    wow such a quick response, impressive
    still no bites, I guess up one more time

Try replacing the o-ring inbetween the two halves again and make sure that they are fully tightened before you put it back together. Be sure that they don't come loose when you put the clamp back on the reg. Sometimes when you put the clamp on and you're positioning the FL, the reg can turn loose with the clamp if it gets rotated at all.

leak

I have two leaks. One at the fill nipple, which I will need to teflon tape once the bottle is empty, but the other is between the regulator and the tank itself. Will strap wretches be able to solve the problem by tightening reg and tank or is there an oring or anything else that will solve the situation? I have lost 150 psi over 4 days. Not much, but would still like to solve the problem. Thank you for the response.
    team PAIN "it's not fun and games until somebody gets hurt."
    My AO Feedback

Any suggestions?

up!

The fill nipple is either leaking around the threads or the actually pin inside is not sealing. Either way, take off the fill nipple, drop out the pin and clean off the o-ring and inside of the fill nipple. Once that's taken care of, use a teflon paste or VERY carefully apply teflon tape to the threads. If you can, get the pink teflon tape for gas lines. That's what AGD uses at the factory.

If you have a strap wrench and know what you're doing, try tightening it up. If that doesn't fix the leak, send it to AGD.

felony-

Slow recharge is caused by dirt being caught in the on/off assembly and around the reg. seat and the piston. Clean those areas and you should fix that problem.

On ALL Flatlines you can unscrew the front regulator body with air in the tank. The on/off cuts off the flow to that portion of the system, so technically you can take it apart with gas in the tank. The ball in the air flow hole from the on/off to the regulator will limit the flow so if you do accidently turn it on with the two halves apart, it won't dump 3000 psi or whatever it has in the tank at you. This is another AGD safety feature. For safety's sake, it is best advised that you degas it before you work on it.

Thanks for the reply!

Appreciate the response. Watched this thread get buried over the last several days. Glad I bumped it up for you to see it. Hard part is finding a store with strap wrenches. Tried three already. They only have ones with bicycle chains, but no rubber straps.

Just to be sure, the regulator unscrews counter-clockwise from the bottle?

BlackVCG, I have one for you. My 4500 flatline on/off is not working. I turn the tank to the off position and it does not turn off. Still has full output pressure. How do I fix this? I have taken the reg apart and found no noticable problems.
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

JadedT- Yes, it is right-hand thread.

Damage- Does your on/off assembly have all of the parts in place? When you turn the on/off does it have resistance. Drain the tank and take out the on/off shaft. Now, you should see a brass piece in the hole closer to the tank that will shake out. Now there should be a brass pin sticking out. Push down on that with a small allen wrench or something similar and it should spring back. Take a pair of fine needle nose pliers and lift up on that brass stem and out with it will come the on/off o-ring. Make sure that o-ring is good and replace as needed. As long as the o-ring is good and you have spring force on the brass stem piece and the other brass piece is in there, it should work.

Anyone know where I can purchase reg seats for the 4500 flatline. AGD does not have any and will not be getting any soon.

i have a question if anyone could help me out here. my 68/3000 flatline tank is not working correctly. It is not always happening is the worse part about it. i will attach the fill nipple to female air and about half the time my fill nipple will start to leak for no reason. other times it holds the air in and is fine, i have oiled and cleaned the insides of the nipple and made sure no skuffs were on it but it will just slowly leak air out of the nipple till the tank is empty? thanks
    Master of Mags

What style fill nipple do you have? There's ones with a really long cylinder with an o-ring on the end and then there's ones that have a square base with an o-ring on it and then it has a tip that comes to a point.

The second option is the better design, but either way, you should replace that o-ring.

OKay, on my 68/45 FL, how much bouncing should my output be doing? Mine drops about 100 for each shot I take, then recharges back to the set pressure. Not a problem when I'm firing relatively slowly, but in rapid fire, I can prevent it from recharging all the way. I've cleaned and oiled the internals. Do I need to replace the reg seat?

The gauge will always bounce. Unless you see a physical drop off in your shots, then it's doing fine.

If you do replace the reg. seat, you'll get one of the white seats from AGD and to replace that you need to put the end with the small taper in the center hole facing away from the pocket on the front half of the reg. body. Push the seat against the flat surface of a table and then drop the piston in from the back side. Push in on the piston with big allen wrench that will fit the hole in the back. Push hard enough and you'll hear the piston stem "pop" into the seat. Lift the reg. body off the table and holding the seat with one hand and pushing on the piston with the other, you'll get the piston stem fully seated on the seat.

Awesome sticky!

I just bought a flatline and opened it up and it was filthy...I cleaned it with confidence because of this thread... thanks guys.

- Eric
    Excellent Traders: joshweinerhead, Duhck
    Repping Drake on the Paintball Radar

I just got a used Flatline today and it seems to shoot my X-Valve fine but the needle on the output guage moves on every shot. Is that normal or is the output pressure fluctuating? I have the lock ring tightened down. Maybe I need to rebuild the reg? If I need a rebuild, should I just buy a RT parts kit? I only want the Flatline parts, not the extra ones in the RT parts kit. (I know that for 3000 psi Flatlines the o-rings are the same for the RT Mag) Does anyone sell just spare parts for 3K Flatlines?

I have a 3K/68ci flatline system, and it needs to be hydroed. I can get the upper part of the reg disassembled, and all of the gauges and fittings off. I can't seem to get the on/off stem out of the reg, and I can't unscrew the reg body from the tank itself. I tried using vise grips, but only ended up scratching the reg. Does anyone have any better way to disassemble the tank/reg?? Thanks.
    Jason
    Spin Doctor

The Penguin Slayers (Captain) - Spin Doctor Paintball page

electro - '02 GZ Intimidator (M.A.X. Anodizing Blue/Teal/Silver fade)

pump - Phantom pump (serial #4 circa 1987!)
    VISIT INTIMIDATOR OWNERS GROUP