Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flatline Reg. Maintenance.

you can register flatline tanks on airgun's website.
    http://www.airgun.com/agwarranty.shtml

on the "Type of Product Purchased" drop down,(its the last one in the drop down) click flatline then fill out the information.

Flatline cradle

I have recently purchased a flatline tank off of Yahoo auction that did not come with the clamp that you affix the drop forward to.Where can I get one of these and who makes them?

In total, $27 for all the parts you need. Or you can get the dovetail adapter and clamp sleeve and then get a dovetail drop arm like the Shocktech drop.

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod...ectGroup_ID=25

I'm wanting to get my flatline reg annodized. is it possible to take the regulator off the tank take everything out of it ent it in, get it annodized, and put it back on and get it working properly?

also, is the clamp stainless steal or what?
    Black Warp Left E-mag #EM00163
    emagnum board
    14in freak
    12v smoke warp w/ interlink
    drilled 12v revy w/ JMJ impeller and WAS turbo rev board
    shocktech drop
    AGD flatline dovetail adaptor
    68 3000 flatline

***soon to be***
    emagnum body rail
    black powder coat
    custom grips from Frymarker

angelKiller16 Guest

Talking most helpfull

this is by far the most helpfull post i have read on here. i have it printed for when i clean mine. One question though does anyone have directions for replacing the on/off valve components, i feel i am machanicaly inclined and can do it.

What on/off valve components? To replace the on/off o-ring you have to connect another tank to the fill nipple of the tank that needs the o-ring replaced and apply no more than 100psi with the on/off cam shaft removed and a towel wrapped around the reg. to catch the o-ring. Or you can VERY carefully use an angled dental pick and pull it out. The rest of the parts don't need to be replaced in the on/off assembly.

angelKiller16 Guest

Wink this wll fx t

i'm talkin about the on/off of the flatline, sometimes i think mine does not seal properly and leaks in the off position. this is o-ring is the only part i need to replace to fix that. I havent noticed that problem in a while but i think it would need replacing anyway.

I'll try posting this here since the big brains seem to gather here.

I set my 1 month old 68/4500 Flatline's output about 950 and everything seemed fine. Then I noticed yetserday at the field it had creeped to around 1100. I had played all day and it was shooting fine so I did'nt mess with it. When I got home and gassed it up the output needle was pegged all the way over to 1200. When I shot a few times the needle would drop all the way to 800 and slowly creep back up to 1200 over the period of 3 seconds or so.

I noticed this slow recharge problem at Shatnerball but it seemed to work itself out when Rob glared at it. Now it's back. I did'nt seem to have any shootdown problems but this tank is brand new as of a month ago and should'nt be doing this.

Is this a reg seat problem? Replace the O-ring? Suggestions?

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Rob's glare is powerful enough he can make things work the way he wants them to at times.

Since Rob can't stare at it all the time, I would suggest cleaning the taper of the reg. seat and the stem of the piston. Clean off the piston o-ring and reoil it. Try that out and if the problem persists, replace the seat.

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

i was under the impression that your not supposed to put oil anywhere near compresssed air.....
    [*img]http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/YeahThatsMe.jpg[/img]
    Image too large- Tato

He's not telling him to put oil in the bottle, he's telling him to put it in the reg. Same as putting oil in the marker.

You can oil the parts but you don't want to blow oil through the reg into the tank.

recharge rate

OK i just bought a flatline and i have been having problems with my recharge. I tried cleaning it and it did help but my input is dropping 200 psi after the first shot and after the second it drops another 200. i have my input set at about 800 and when i rapid fire it bounces between 400 and 600. is this normal? if not is it common and is there an easy fix?

Replace the reg. seat and oil it. Clean off the piston and the inside of the piston housing. Take out the on/off shaft (drain the tank first) and clean it and the brass on/off o-ring holder. Be sure that you're using a fill nipple cap. Dirt is the #1 reason why all HPA systems have problems.

Thumbs down

i have a 4500 flatline thats set to 750 and it drops to about 450, needless to say its will not fire my emag with any kind of rate of fire. I am guessing the reg seat is shot. But it looks like its in good shape? I also noticed it makes a whin when its recharging.

Thanks Hills

P.S. you should see if you can get a pic of an exploded 4500. check next post! for pic
    Last edited by ah137; 12-02-2002 at 07:46 PM.
    NVE-mag
    Certified Airgun Tech.

Originally posted by ah137
    i have a 4500 flatline thats set to 750 and it drops to about 450, needless to say its will not fire my emag with any kind of rate of fire. I am guessing the reg set is shot. But it looks like its in good shape? I also noticed it make a whin when its recharging.

Thanks Hills

P.S. you should see if you can get a pic of an exploded 4500.

Ok, I believe I figured it out

The 4500 flatline reg body MUST match up on the reg base (tank side).

P.S. your tank does not have to be empty to rebuild/clean the reg.

Hissing Reg

Hi there!

I bought a used Mag with a flatline 3000 psi Regulator. The gun has been used five times so its quite new. As I filled the tank for the first time today I noticed a slight hiss coming out of the regulator body somewhere near the LP clock. I closed the on/off valve and whitnessed that the pressure indicated at the LP clock dropped rapidly from 800 to 0 in about two minutes, while the pressure indicated at the HP clock remained quite the same. Now the LP pressure is down to 0 but I still can hear the hissing. I have noticed, too, that the HP clock is not screwed down into the body as much as the LP clock. Could that be the problem? Is it possible that air leakes through the thread of the HP clock?

I am quite sure that the leak must be somewhere near the two clocks. I checked the whole reg body holding my lips about 1 cm over the surface and I noticed the air escaping on that position. Any suggestions?

It could very well be the gauge. If you air it up again spray the area with soapy water and look for bubbles. If it's coming form arounf the threads then remove the gauge, clean the threads and screw it back on using the yellow gas fitting tape or non-permanent locktite. Hopefully that will stop it from leaking.

Update
    Update- I replaced the reg seat and made sure the reg body was tight. Fixed!

I do not suggest taking apart the 4500 flatline and removing the reg seat unless you replace the reg seat
    with a new one. Long and short of it; if you rebuild your
    reg put in a new reg seat every time.
    Last edited by ah137; 02-10-2004 at 04:26 PM.

Arrow

I didn't like the dove tail style drop so I took it off and drilled my shocktech so it would accept the 4500 flatlines two hole pattren.

The drop can still be used on a dove tail.

Later Hills

Hi from Greece.
    A problem with the Flatline 3K reg. When i open the on/off very low pressure is coming from the bottle, about 200 psi.
    The bottle is filled with 3000 psi of course.
    I tried many times the on/off movement,but nothing! The same problem.
    Any suggestion? Thank you.

in the very front of the tank.. theres a silver piece with a hex hole in it, just adjust that and it'll go up

It is not a problem of adjustment of the output pressure. The pressure is very-very low and the same: ~200 psi, wherever i adjust the regulator.

ah137- I've come to the same conclusion as you. Whenever I take apart a 4.5K Flatline, I always replace the reg. seat. Otherwise, I get horrible shootdown.

Hellaspaint- If tightening the adjuster on the front side of the reg doesn't change anything, then make sure the entire reg. body is tight. Take off the mounting clamp and you'll see four holes around the reg. body. Stick an allen wrench in one of those holes and tighten it up. Try that. If that doesn't work, then take it all apart and clean and oil it. Make sure that the safety ball isn't stuck. It's the silver ball in the back half of the regulator in the center hole that you'll see when you take off the front regulator body.

A dark valley in every man's nightmare which could only be called.... death.
    [edit: Never mind.]

ok, i have a 68/3K flatline. The problem is when the tank is full i'll set the output pressure at lets say 900, but when the tank press drops the output does also graduly with the tank pressure. I put a new reg seat in, which it already had a new one but it didn't change anything. Should i replace the piston oring? Thanks for any help.

Justin C

Thank you BlackVCG for your post. Finally i fix it by taking off the on/off shaft and clean it.
    Do you know if the Flatline 3000 psi is still in production.
    Happy new year with nice and safe games for all members.

Re: Flatline Reg. Maintenance.

Originally posted by BlackVCG
    If the system leaks with the on/off in the off position, you need to send it in to AGD.
    Leaks how fast? I played last Saturday and my Flatline was at 3k when I left but when I checked it today it was empty. I'm not sure how fast it emptied so I was wondering what's the average time it should hold a fill?
    Feedback from: AO,PBN

It should hold the fill for months. It should NOT drain a tank that quickly. Take the tank, fill it, take it off the gun and then stick it in a bucket of water. Check to see where air bubbles are coming from. Chances are the gauges or fill nipple threads aren't sealed properly and they're leaking.