Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SiNs and me.........

Angry My gun is back from SiNs...

...and to say I'm mad as can be is an understatement. It is NOT the color I requested, I wanted a bright red, what I have is a blue-ish magenta. The barrels look like they were painted by monkeys or a third-grader with finger paints.

I've been struggling for over 3 hours to clean out the paint that oversprayed inside all componants; barrels, Z-grip, body tube, twist lock tube, power feed. There is trapped dirt speckled all over and some parts of the frame are just barely covered.

Nothing was prepared like his web-site states, the AGD logo is still on the frame, but now covered in orange-peel. It wouldn't be there had the frame been bead=blasted as advertised.

The only parts that look good, despite the wrong color, are the ASA and the DF that I bead-blasted before I sent them.

I can no longer support Mr. McBain, nor his enterprise, and will recommend others to find alternate painting companies.

Dave

PS: This whole saga began on May 12th of this year. The first mailing was insured for too much and customs wanted big $ from Eric before he could recieve my package. He sent it back and I recieved it on May 28th. I re-mailed it the same day with much less insurance and Eric was able to have it delivered to his address. From this point on, I was informed by Email only once in over two months, on the progress of my gun. I Emailed him many times to inquire about it and only once was Email sent back to tell me he found a flaw and would have it sent out by the weekend; this was the 3rd of July. Yesterday, I Emailed again to ask where the heck my gun was. No response. Today, the nice mail lady said there is a package at the PO I need to pick up.

A total of over three months, $34 in shipping, $65 for the work (I added an extra $15 over his quote for extra attention to detail), only to get a piss-poor job of the wrong color.

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-14-2001).]

man that sucks...sorry to hear that.

------------------
    Flip Out

• Mini Mag (soon to be powderd red)
    • 10" cp red
    • AGD Blade IntelliFrame
    • Clear AGD Warp Feed
    • KAPP DZII
    • 68/3000 AGD Flatline
    • VL Fore Grip

For Sale...
    benchy 2x
    ss remote
    Smart Parts AA 12"

"I may rock, but im not made of stone"

Can you post pics of it to show us all the mistakes etc?

Id'd call him up and complain, I doubt he has any disclaimer saying its not his responsibility to get colors right. and isnt false advertising illegal or something by explaining a false procedure??

[This message has been edited by Xzion (edited 08-14-2001).]

I tried sending an design to them 5 months ago and have never heard anything from them. I emailed them several times before I sent the design to them and got back fairly snobby replies, I'm glad that I didn't send my Mag to them with the design.

------------------
    Don't try running, you will only give me a better story!

Hey, that is scary! That really sucks, if you dont mind I am going to be putting a link to this thread from my PBD signature. They all think the guy is a god! It took like 3-4 monthes too didnt it?

-Rick

Go ahead, I don't mind. I was going to do the same myself. Dave

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-14-2001).]

Thumbs down

*Sigh* Im Sorry To Hear That. Next Time do it threw P&K Selectives.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that..

I say you go borrow that 120mm, go back in person, and ask them to fix it.

Sorry to hear that, I think it's nasty letter time.

Try Red Rider...I heard he was good, but then again, I heard that SiN was pretty good too.

Don't trust people from out of the country, they all hate us Americans . It's true.

------------------
    I don't cry when my dog runs away
    I don't get angry with the bills I have to pay
    I don't get angry when my mom smokes pot,
    Hits the bottle and goes right to the rocks.
    F*ckin' and fightin, it's all the same,
    Livin' with Louie-dog's the only way to stay sane
    Let the lovin' Let the lovin' come back to me...

Sublime
    R.I.P. Bradley James Nowell
    2.22.68-5.25.96

Jefferson City, Missouri when not in school in Savannah, Ga

I've also had the same kind of snotty responses from Mr. McBain. I was asking what it would cost to do a tie-dye design and what I got was a criticism on how stupid he thought it would look. I never posted about it until now because I always heard good things about Sin Customs and I thought I might have caught him on a bad day. But I still opted to take my business elsewhere when I decide to have any work done. Sorry you had this happen Army. But if he keeps up like this he won't be in business much longer.

Bill

I did emailed him a hundred times, i even got to chat with him on icq and after all those contacts with that kind of weird guy... i decide to not ship my gun there. It seems that i have made a good decision... Sorry for you Army, that is bad spending so much money and waited so long to get such a dissapontment...

------------------
    "Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
    Snap Snap
    Bang Bang
    You`re Out

Wow, I emailed them and sent them a pic of what I wanted, and they emailed me right back with an estimate, then I emailed again to see how long itd take, and got a reply back really quick saying itd be in the shop prolly around 4 days. And he said itd only be around 70 to have a flame job on my body, barrel, z-grip, body rail, foregrip, and extender. Hmm...

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: <A HREF="http://wsnonline.8k.com" TARGET=_blank>http://wsnonline.8k.com

</A>The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

i have to say something, canada sucks.. get some pics up..

-rick shotliff

Canada RULES!

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: <A HREF="http://wsnonline.8k.com" TARGET=_blank>http://wsnonline.8k.com

</A>The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

Army - thats really awful. I too had a bad experience with Eric McBain at the beginning of this year. I sent him my P/F Automag body to be powdered blue. It took about a week and a half for him to get it and I had to pay an extra $15 because I insured it for $100 and candian customs wanted to tax it. He failed to tell me that anything insured over, I believe its $60, is liable to be taxed. Anyway, so a $15 powder job turns into a $30 job + shipping costs. Anyway, I get it back about 2 weeks later and it looks great. First day of play, I have chips in the powder. I know this stuff isnt invincible but the first day? The gun wasnt dropped or even brought into the woods! I emailed him that night and he said that it was cold when he baked it and the powder didnt cure properly. He offered to redo it if I paid for the shipping and insurance. I said no thanks since I didnt want to deal with him any more. I found a local shop and they did a much better job.

It seems it a hit or miss with him. You never know how your stuff will turn out.

Hmmm, I wont be sending my mag to him. I'll either use some friend of my dad's or Red Rider...

I heard nothing but food stuff from evreyone who delt with him. I was actuly gonna ship my gun out for a $50 job at the end of the month. Guess ill hold off.

up until now I have only heard good things from them.

I have emailed them several times in the past, and they seemed nice, and got back to me realy quick!

I dont know if I will do business with them now...

(I didnt know he was in canada!)

Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

Does he have little beady eyes?

[This message has been edited by FaSSt (edited 08-14-2001).]

Arrow

Actually i am from Canada, and it do sucks... really. That s why i prefer to say that i am from Quebec, Quebec rules...
    well way out of topic but i had to say so.. lol D)

------------------
    "Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
    Snap Snap
    Bang Bang
    You`re Out

i was going to ship my gun today, glad i didnt.. I even told sin i was gonna ship it today. It was all packaged and ready to go. I think im gonna hold of though and get a local anno job. Hope he doesnt get mad.

Angry

Based on some of the posts I read in the forum I too was going to have may RT Pro powdercoated by Sin. I even went so far as to develop a design and get a quote. I immediately ran into problem with getting Eric to reply to the many emails I sent him. I'm still waiting to hear back on how to ship my parts to him. You always like to give a guy the benefit of the doubt, but after reading about Army's experience and the subsequent posts I doubt I'll be doing any business with Sin

Just an observation, but weren't all of you people kissing SiN's butt like two months ago? It seemed everyone thought he could do no wrong until now.

I think I have seen about 400 posts bragging about awesome "Powder Jobs" from SiN Customs and not one complaint in my tenure on AO. Now all of a sudden everyone thinks the guy is a schmuck?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if half the people posting about SiN also never tried half the aftermarket parts they seem to have such expert opinions on.

I am sorry to hear about your lousy XP Army, but I guess this goes to show you can't always believe the HYPE!

~Fred

[This message has been edited by MagDog68 (edited 08-14-2001).]

Wink

MagDog. Good post. Since I'm fairly new to this forum I don't think I've kissed anyone's behind and I'm sure you're not trying to single anyone out for their comments, positive or negative. However, forums like this are a valuable source of information to people who play paintball both veterans and newbies alike (like myself). I don't think anyone is saying Eric is a schmuck but rather pointing out that some of the posts regarding SIN aren't entirely accurate. Maybe people ought to be smart enough not to post opinions about products unless they've actually used them. Hopefully, we'll get more of the folks who have had bad experiences post their opinions and threads like this get a little more balanced between pro and con. Then it's up to everyone to make up their own mind always remembering it's buyer beware. But if you do have a bad experience, it's always nice to let others know so they can avoid making the same mistake.

Cool

Very true MagDog. However, I have seen and touched Erics work before, and the pics on his website are another good example. Bad Brad had a wonderful job done to his Mag. Which is why I had no hesitation to send to him.

BUT, as you can see, I'm not the only one who has had problems. A small boo-boo I can forgive, that can be expected while doing cross-border business. The way he has treated me is reprehensible and I will be sure everyone knows to use SiNs at their own risk.

Army, did you call them? Maybe they gave your gun a paintjob that was intended for another gun. Or did they send you the wrong gun maybe?

ENDO!

------------------

My cousin had a tigerstripe M98 done, and it looked *decent* although it was more of a copper color than an orange, and it scratches VERY easily. Drag a paperclip along the side of it with any pressure and it'll rip paint right off like it's latex.

Whenever I've tried to deal with him, or ask him questions etc., he's always been the smartass type and criticized any suggestions or request for suggestions while his site always mentions how it'll be done "your way". If "your way" involves splash, he'll refuse to do it because "he thinks it's ugly".

This is why when I have everything I want I'm going to spend the extra cash and go through PK selective for a nice, reliable fade ano job. It's kinda expensive for one gun, so I'll probably find someone else on this board who can agree to the same fade so we can get it done in bulk and split the costs.

I tried to call twice, but no answer. Still got charged for the international charge!

No, it's my gun alright.

Army,
    I am actually impressed that you went against the grain and told people what a lousy experience you had. Most people would just bite their tongues since SiN is such a god to most AOers.

I just wanted to point out that I have never seen anyone post anything bad about SiN before. Why did all these people wait so long to tell us he has questionable business practices?

Anyway, glad you spoke up Army. I think you should email SiN and tell him he is going to lose alot of business if he doesn't rectify your situation quickly and at his own expense.

Powder Coating + Automag -(All AOers)= Lousy Profits

~Fred

[This message has been edited by MagDog68 (edited 08-15-2001).]

Unfreakin believable! Man I am so sorry Army. This just sucks...