Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SiNs and me.........

SiN

whats SiN's new site?

thanks in advance
    i p\/\/n j00.

UP!

That's the old site. Last time I was in contact with him, he had no concrete plans to get the site up.

However, I recommend you use RedRider for any powdercoating jobs. I had a very poor experience with SiNs, and was not satisfied with the results or his business accumen.

RedRider has proven himself to be inexpensive, fast on returns, and quality of work. There are MANY happy RedRider customers on this site who will tell you he is the one to go to!

REDRIDER87@AOL.COM But give him time to respond, he won't look at his Emails until way late at night.

Heres somthing to add to that Army,

I havent seen a complaint about his powdercaoting. I'm not sure if you have, but he is my first choice for getting your gun "colored".

According to RedRider he is now a part of sin, SiN will be doing mostly airbrush stuff while red will do the basics.
    MicromagRT
    Automag Classic

Coffey, it's not what I "heard", it's what I have in my hands. My gun could have been done by a monkey for all I know, the job is that bad.

His site stresses how good and wonderful he is, but I am holding the proof he does not know how to conduct business, nor what quality actually is.

The first time I sent my gun in, he passed it off to his associates while he went on vacation. I was never informed of any of this, even though I dealt only with Eric personally. When I got the gun back 2 months later (granted there was some shipping problems that were not of Erics nor my doing, but Customs) it was the infamous crappy metallic pink, NOT what I ordered at all.

At his site, check his FAQs: #10 states that it will take 5-10 days for a standard job AFTER payment is recieved. I sent payment out with the first mailing, this means he had my money order for at least two weeks before he got my gun the 2nd time. It was another 22 days until I saw my gun again, with the job poorly done and pink.

FAQ #12 asks if paint will get in the barrel. He says no, the barrel internals are masked before coating, and if any gets in it is easily removed. Well, both the 8" and 12" were crusted inside with paint, totally unusable. They would have been ruined had I not had honing equipment at work, where I had to remove their screw up. Granted, the untrained idiots did it without Erics knowledge, but that does not get the business off the hook.

SiNs brags that they bead or sand blast your gun to get it down to bare metal ready to take the paint. He also says how the parts are cleaned numerous times to insure a smooth finish. Then he says how all the internals and threaded areas are checked for overspray, then cleaned up, polished and carefully packed for shipping back to the customer. Well, I guess they forgot to do that to my gun, for it had dirt, paint runs, paint in the internals (my trigger would not mount up for all the paint, nor would the sear drop in), and you know about the barrels. Heck, there were even fingerprints embedded in the paint!

I contacted Eric as soon as I could (after I cooled off a few days), and he was very apologetic, and explained that he had fired the two guys he hired as they had done many bad jobs. OK, I accepted that, I also accepted his offer to fix my gun and get it exactly the way I wanted, and he would pay the shipping. He assured me that the work he would personally do would make up for all my troubles. I sent him my gun with the admonishment to send back the shipping charges in USD.

Now, this was just before Sept.11, so mail traffic was somewhat stalled at the border, but without hearing from him for another month, I emailed him only to have him tell me he was finishing up the "Glory Guns" (M98s) for a charity orginization and he would get to my gun first thing after that. Well, nearly a month later I was pissed and many saw my thread here about that. After corresponding with Eric (and apologising to AO), he assured me it looks super good and he was just doing the final polish and it would be on its way......2 weeks later I finally received my gun.

Now the paint was what I asked for, bright red with ghost flames down the barrel and body tube. However, the quality is piss poor. The rail was so gunked up with paint it took me about 2 hours just to get the trigger to swing and the sear to drop in without binding. I had to drill out the safety's tunnel for it to mount in, tap the grip screw holes and the ASA screw holes. After nearly an hour with a hone, I was able to get a barrel to go into the body, another 30 minutes to make it turn and lock. The barrels I had to re-hone, and I'm not sure of their diameter anymore.

No, my "story" is not what I have heard, but what I went through with Eric. I will never recommend his service to anyone, and if he wants to get upset at me again like last time, well, go for it. I got screwed by SiNs and Eric Mcbain.

(see the paint inside? that was normal throughout)

See the lumpy paint? This is supposed to be "polished to a brilliant shine?

Let's not forget the barrels!

Army,
    what happened to your barrel?
    Tough Times Wont Last Forever...
    Tough People Will ~ Darryl Kile R.I.P. 2002

Redrider does some sweet works and he is a really cool guy, he's fast too

My God that looks like ooky. It is a sad day when I see this kind of work done. I am a Machinist and I do all kinds of custom work. The hardest part of the job is getting players to trust that you know what you are doing. Work like this hurts all of us. I hope you ripped him a new one Army
    Last edited by Army; 12-30-2001 at 02:10 AM.
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

Thumbs up

If you want to look into others that do powder coating, I had my RT Pro done by KP Customs. The guys name is Ken Wenlasky. You can contact him at kpcustoms@aol.com This guy knows what he's doing, he did two barrels, my body, body rail, sight rail, and fore grip rail. Everything went together nicely without any problems. Worth a look. Attached is what my RT looks like after it was done.

Your RT looks sweet!!! I have the same gun. You are giving me some ideas!!!

I had a good look at Army's gun at PanAm... it's sloppy... his pics don't even show the full extent. Rather disappointing.

Probably should take the mods advice.

who...

can we go to if we want graphic powdercoating if not sin?
    You smell like dookie... No really though.

Does kpcustoms have a website?
    Click For a Free IPOD!!! IT Really Works!!!
    Graphite Fly A4
    14" Freak/Black Uni-Mount
    68cu/4500psi Crossfire
    Egg2 with Z Board
    Email: Hexatile@hotmail.com

For the record I would like to say I did start working for SiN. I do some of the basic stuff and Eric does the airbrushing stuff.
    Army I am sorry for your luck with SiN in the past. I did not spray your gun and I know Eric did not. I can tell just by looking at the pic that the grip frame is not dirt but its light paint. I can tell you that Eric did not do that.
    Any one who knows anything about powder coating would not send that back to the customer.
    I don't know what else to say. But I am sorry.

Red, the "pink gun" debacle was cleared between Eric and I.
    I accepted his explaination for the reasons why and I do not hold him personally at fault, but the company at large.
    As for the poor job the he did himself, well, I have already told that tale, and Miscue can back up my story.

I cannot, nor will I ever, hold you at fault for any of this, as you were not a part of SiNs at the time. I have seen your work up close and in my hands, so I know you are more than capable of quality work. Your attention to detail is why I recommend people directly to you only. Dave

I am glad it all worked out between you guys.

Thank you for the kind words.