Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SiNs and me.........

Poor Army...
    I know you are already with doing business with them but do you think you can get a hold of them in somehow(I know you said it was hard for you to get in touch) and have the fix it?

If that doesnt work lets go raid Canada and blow them up with one of your tanks?

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MagDog68:
    Army,
    I just wanted to point out that I have never seen anyone post anything bad about SiN before. Why did all these people wait so long to tell us he has questionable business practices?

~Fred

[This message has been edited by MagDog68 (edited 08-15-2001).]
    </font>

I remember someone telling us his all flaked off from improper temperature treatment. And Sin offered to redo it but he had to pay shipping back and forth again. He was very reluctant to tell us the name at first too. Can't remember who it was. But it has been reported.

for anyone interested, this is why you wont get back a quick reply --

I know very few of you will actually care but I haven't really gotten
    away since the summer of 96. As I reflect back on that I only now begin
    to realize that was 5 years ago. I'm long overdo. This Friday I will be
    taking off for BC and I will not be back until the 23rd. PLEASE do not
    email us unless it is utterly important for you, and please realize you
    may not receive a reply back until the 25th or so depending on how
    backed up we get. We still will be able to receive packages as it's only
    me thats leaving but only those we've arranged for. Unless you've been
    otherwise told, DO NOT send in. I'm hoping all of you can help spread
    the word of this to those not on our mailing lists, if you can get that
    out on the boards and whenever anybody asks where we've gone it would be
    greatly appreciated.

There will be an end of summer SiN newsletter subscribers exclusive sale
    when I get back.

Paint em all and let god sort em out.

Eric McBain
    SiN Custom

When was this period he was gone?

PLEASE do not email us unless it is utterly important for you

I believe Army meets this criteria...

Unless you've been otherwise told, DO NOT send in.

Army also meets this criteria...

Soooooo... why the crappy service and job?

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-15-2001).]

Yeah, i hate canada, they are the ones who made the damn heacy peices of steal i had to carry all day yesturday. I'm already plotting my revenge, i'm going to round up all the canadians and force them to hold a 150 pound peice of steal over their head for 8 hours

That really sux army. Will u be posting pics?I have seen alot of attempts at colors for mags, and the only ones worth anything are anno jobs. Paint scratches off because you really cant truely bake the finish on since the body could be damaged. Powdercoating has an issue with clearance also. A friend got a nice blue powderjob done on his minimag and we spent a night burning off the coating under the bodyrail because it screwed up the clearance for the sear and on/off pin...

post some pics so we can see the hell you are going thru...

------------------
    PsychoMag..."Dogger"
    RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
    Team ArchAngels
    www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
    No Skill, No Talent, All Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

Army, you have very good reason to be upset, and Eric should not have sent you such shoddy work. I read the post last night and remembered hearing that SiN was going on vacation. My only thought was that he may have rushed your job out the door before leaving...bad call on his part obviously.
    This whole "Canada sucks" thing is pretty ridiculous though. There are awful manufacturers in this country as well, and you guys need to get off your pedestal when it comes to being American.
    If there are issues with someone doing bad work in our own country, no one takes the time to insult our own nation. Don't take this as an opportunity to bash our neighbors, just leave it as a business/customer relationship complaint.
    'nuff said.

man that sucks what is the website and do u think u can post pics cause i want to see this

------------------
    Here is what i got
    -Chrome minimag
    -Custom drop foward
    -ACI BULLDOG nitro preset 68ci
    -9v VL Green
    -9v VL 1/2Black 1/2Clear
    -12v VL 1/2Red 1/2Green
    -Ronin 3-2 Stealth Pack
    -Chrome lapco barrel
    -stock barrel
    -Double trigger
    -SMARTPARTS wood grips
    -Benchmark foregrip
    -JT Flex-7 IZE Doo Doo Brown
    -JT flex-7 graphite smoke mask
    i got a spyder tl for sale talk to me if u want one

Dalum from PBC worked with Triple M customs, out of La Porte, IN.

My neck of the woods.

I've met almost all the triple M affiliates, seen some good work from them (although their personal taste leaves... eh. to each their own .

There is also a local guy named mark who used to be affiliated but is no longer that does plating and right now type III anno, but that doesn't help you.

Best bet from my standpoint is getting ahold of triple M.

Question Just got Email from SiNs...

...in it's entirety: Sorry about the other reply I got your first email just now.
    Your particular order was not handled by me, like I said before I'm on
    vacation though, and I cannot get to all my files to figure out who managed
    your order. However I will say I WON'T be happy with this until you are. Now
    the mailing thing was abnormal and I'm sure it was a pain to have such a
    delay but you cannot blame that on us. The work though, I can do something
    about, I would like to redo your gun MYSELF, and oversee it all the way
    through to make sure it is a perfect finish. I will cover shipping of
    course. I realize this must be dissapointing to you and I apologize for the
    troubles so I'm hoping you'll let me make it up to you, if at all possible.

Let me know
    Eric McBain

Hmmm......From what I can glean, Eric never worked on my gun at all, even though he sent me this:Subject: Re: My gun

Just wanted to update you, your gun was going to go out today but I noticed a slight discolouring on some of the parts so I'm redoing 3, hopefully get everything out to you by Wednesday, sorry for the delays.
    Eric McBain
    Owner
    SiN Custom
    http://www.sincustom.com

That was the last I heard from him until today. I can't imagine anyone letting a pure amateur operate his customizing business, and put his name to the work. My wife will bring the digi-cam home tonight, and I'll get some shots posted. Hopefully I'll be able to focus on the "finger-painting".

Now I'm in a dilemma; do I send it back to him to give him a chance to redeem his reputation, or just chalk up my loss to lifes lessons learned?

------------------
    Got Elves?

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA

let him redeem him self and if it isnt good army, we will all write threatining letters to him!

------------------
    you ever notice how elves do everyting???

[This message has been edited by magman007 (edited 08-15-2001).]

i would give it a second chance. it is free so take advantage of it.

i just don't like the idea of letting his employees do the job for him and messing up. i thought they were a better company than that. if eric is away, the company should be down. that or they have to find sombody that knows what they are doing.

Arrow

I thing you should send it back, you`ve already paid for the job, so if he does it again free of charge and shipping, you have a chance to get what you paid for.

------------------
    "Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
    Snap Snap
    Bang Bang
    You`re Out

shartley Guest

Thumbs down

Go with your guts...

I have seen this type of thing before. And in fact it is the most common excuse given to cover up mistakes that people will not let companies get away with.......

"Dude! I am so upset! It was not me, but one of the other guys. I will make sure you are taken care of correctly and super fast!"

Quality service does not mean only when FORCED, or the second or third time around... it is going the extra mile in the first place, not after you messed everything up.

First time.... shame on them.
    Second time.... shame on YOU.

It is not like they messed up yesterday and now they want to correct their mistake. It is a bit more than that.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

[This message has been edited by shartley (edited 08-15-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cphilip:

When was this period he was gone?

PLEASE do not email us unless it is utterly important for you

I believe Army meets this criteria...

Unless you've been otherwise told, DO NOT send in.

Army also meets this criteria...

Soooooo... why the crappy service and job?

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-15-2001).]
    </font>
    umm, from the tone of your reply, i have no idea if any of the questions you asked were posed to me personally or not. if so, i have no freekin clue other than this is what he sent out to newsletter peeps. just posted what i thought might be useful info...

Wink

Army ask yourself this. Do I wait another 60 - 90 days to get my Mag back and risk the chance that's it is still not right. If Eric didn't work on your Mag the first time what guarantee do you have he'll be the guy doing the work this time? You don't have anything but his word and look where that got you the first time. Shartley's right, shame on you if you try it again. At least get your money back from Eric and then move on.

I'll at least give Eric credit for trying to make things right by you but this situation doesn't speak well for his company. Creditability is a tough thing, when you lose it like he has it takes a long time to get it back.

What a great company.... The website doesn't even work! (Might be temporarily down though)

WELL??? Wheres the pix???

------------------
    If you run, you will only be marked tired

I wonder if eric came on AO and saw your last post??? I know i have seen him here before.

If i were you, i think i would ask him for your money back, and then go with someone else. But if you do go back to him, make sure you get it insured so if he never returns is, your covered. Although i imagin that if you do send it back he will not screw it up this time, but it is your call bro...good luck.

Send it back in, why leave your gun looking crappy when it can look good?

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: <A HREF="http://wsnonline.8k.com" TARGET=_blank>http://wsnonline.8k.com

</A>The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!

Hey Army,

Have you heard of a guy named "Dalum" from PBC/PBD??? He did excellent powercoatings. I've seen a BL Millenium with 3 color faded splash Veeery niiice..

You should try to contact him, I'll help you out if you'd like. I'm sure that he could repair SiN's screw up.

just click on my profile and e-mail me if you'd like me to find him for ya.

Ouch Army,
    Really sorry to hear about the poor job. As you know I was pretty happy with mine although it could have been better. He did prepare things as stated since the end of the barrel that was not painted had been sandblasted. I am sorry he did less than a decent job on yours. I must say between hearing this, the resent shipping fiascos, and the improperly fired body. I will stop reccomending Eric to others as well. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.
    Hitmanng

------------------
    Issha zetsumei -- The original "one shot, one kill"

Hey Army,
    Unfortunately since SIN has grown Eric has other people doing some of the work. This was on the new web site. The problem for you is as you first stated. If you send it back Eric will probably make sure it is done and done right. Unfortunately you are out of a gun for another 2 months. Maybe wait until winter. I still think it stinks that this happened. I was kind of afraid that this might be what happened when you explained the poor paint job. I think SIN better get thier act together or they are dead though.
    Later,
    hitmanng

------------------
    Issha zetsumei -- The original "one shot, one kill"

SiNs and me.........

In a recent thread, a member asked where he could get his gun powdercoated.

I, in my frustration, posted he should go with RedRider as SiNs had been unprofessional in his dealings with me, and a few other comments that were simply mean.

AO members, this could not be further from the truth. Eric McBain, the owner/operator of SiNs Customs powdercoatings is an honorable businessman and one who strives to please his customers.

I am ashamed to have posted what I did.

Eric has kept in contact with me as much as he has been able, to keep me informed of the progress on my gun. The NY situation has bottled up the crossing of packages at the border, and I implied that he was the one slowing and/or screwing up the 3 shipments back and forth. This is not so, Canadian Customs is to blame for the fees required of the first mailing debacle, the two other shipments have transpired with no problems.

I can only blame my brief lack of good judgement on such a poor showing of understanding.

I do apologise to all AO members who I have led to believe that SiNs is not a good company.

Please, if you are considering having your gun powdercoated, consider Eric McBain at SiNs Customs.

Dave

it's all good...i got mad one day and wrote a not to nice letter to Bud Orr on how much of a pain in the *** Autocockers are to keep in good shape..and he called me back and had me send the gun into him personally to work on..(i then proceeded to trade for the gun in my signature and i'm a million times happier) but i hope that you've patched things up SiN and explained to him why you felt the way you did and that you're sorry for not keeping it between the two of you...

Talking

Well ARMY...for your lapse in judgment I think you should be flogged!!! I sentence you to 40 lashes with a wet noodle....
    Harleys and Paintball...aint life Great?
    -------------------------
    Retro PF Mag
    Dye SS Barrel
    9v Rev
    Benchy 2x
    47ci 3000 Nitro
    Custom Drop forward

Well...Army your first posts were indeed based upon an unproffessional job. No doubt about it. We all saw it. So at the time you said it it was true. Eric admits that. The shipping problems aside. However you gave him a chance to redeem himself and it seems he has. I do not think you owe anyone an apology. When you said it it was true. So its now changed and you are letting us know. End of story. And So its all solved but you do not need to feel guilty for telling the truth. Its the way you felt at the time and rightly so I might add. I think the both of you handled this thing very well in the end. I know Eric cannot undo the harm from the first job anymore than you can undo the words you used to describe it. You were indeed very restrained about it at first. So I say to the two of you...Fugedaboudit!!

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

lol i was wondering why you went off at eric like that. HE did an awesome job when he did my SE m98 a while back, and i had no problems with him.

MCBAIN IS THE BESTTTTTTTT

Im a 1.5 callorie treat that everyone loves to eat!

Automag moderator-
    http://www.forceofnature.com

Yeah .. and everyone thinks us canadians are so nice

.. damn customs - least I won't have to deal with them when I get powdercoating..
    Sig image file size too big... MarkM

".. yes ma'am, our DSL does sux .."

It's big of you to post this Army.. I'm glad the two of you have made amends and everything is OK

You scared me for a minute though, I just sent off a marker to Eric to be painted..

I'll let you know how it turns out

mrhooie