Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GZ Timmy + Equalizer + Roller Trigger METHOD + Stock grooved Trigger = 20 CPS

Cool EASIEST 20 BPS: ROLLER TRIGGER METHOD + GZ Timmy + Equalizer + Stock GROOVED Trigger

Hello again!

Inspired by AGD's developement of the roller trigger

...I decided to upgrade my GZ Timmy with an Equalizer (since I have to wait forever for an XMAG!!!!) and see if I could duplicate the insane ROF AOers were acheiving via the "roller trigger" method... of course, since I don't actually have a roller trigger, I would have to do this with only the stock grooved trigger that came with my GZ.

First, I must say, I REALLY LIKE THE STOCK OLD SCHOOL GZ TRIGGER!, it's got plenty of play, and the grooves are just right - not too deep, not too shallow.

When I fire my GZ via the roller trigger method (as taught here on AO), I noticed I'm actually firing the gun 4 times with each finger stroke.

If my finger cycle starts at the bottom...

The gun fires once when my finger strikes the trigger at the middle of the stroke.

The gun fires once when my finger strikes the trigger at the top of the stroke.

The gun fires once when my finger strikes the trigger at the middle of the stroke.

The gun fires once when my finger strikes the trigger at the bottom of the stroke.

Thanks AO for your inspiration!

Wurd!
    Last edited by Jack & Coke; 03-18-2003 at 05:34 PM.

Sound clip (zipped wav file)

sound file analysis...

i seen people with matrixs do that before but it did not sound that fast

I think the best thing about this is that it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy and effortless to do.

Using the traditional finger walking method, I struggle a lot to maintain a consistant string. If I'm lucky and my fingers and knuckles don't seize up on me, I figure I can hit around 7-10 cycles per second. Not too fast compared to today's super finger walking mofos.

However, it is really really really easy to gitty up to 18-20 cps using the AO roller finger METHOD.

Did I mention it's easy?

Cheers!

By the way coke, how do you like your gz?

Very impressive. I like that little animated pic, lol

What's the equalizer? A board for timmies? Is it the one that has an unlimited ROF/BPS setting? Sorry but I'm a timmy newb.

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

Originally posted by SlipknotX556
    By the way coke, how do you like your gz?
    I LOVE IT!

Of course I love ALL my guns also! I've said this before, I enjoy playing with all my guns for different reasons.... even my 18 bps Tippy M98 RT.

As far as my GZ, it feels really nice, and performs GREAT! I'm really happy with it. I must say though, I'm very patient, and don't mind tinkering and performing routine maintenance on stuff... so the GZ is no pain for me. If you don't know, Timmy's require much much more maintenance and TLC than mags do. But I don't mind.

(I'm talking about misc. maintenance and problems with the cup seal leakage, ram bumper replacement, bolt position, noid, wires, regulators, etc.)

Timmy's are great guns! But so are all of the other high end gun! heheh... i guess that's what you should EXPECT if you fork over $1,000+ for a paintball gun - whether it's a TIMMY, XMAG, ANGEL, E-BLADE! They is all good

Originally posted by darklord
    Very impressive. I like that little animated pic, lol

What's the equalizer? A board for timmies? Is it the one that has an unlimited ROF/BPS setting? Sorry but I'm a timmy newb.
    This is the WAS Equalier => http://www.wickedairsportz.com/products/equalizer.htm

[img]
    http://www.wickedairsportz.com/images/equal3a.jpg
    [/img]

What is the Equalizer?

The Equalizer is a tournament legal, semi-only board for Bob Long's Intimidator series markers. This board has been approved for use by Bob Long himself, which means that by using this board you will not void the warranty of your Intimidator. This board will work in all current and future Intimidator models. This upgrade board increases the rate of fire and offers numerous other features...
    You don't have to believe all of WAS BS hype, just know that the board kick butt and rocks!

Mannn.......

I wish I had the funds right now..... I'm actually down to only one gun, that being my SFL. I need some sort o backup, but need to sell some stuff first.... (ahem.. like in my sig.. heh)... But my first backup consideration would be a 2k2 GZ Timmy, just like the one u have.

I'm not into the other models with all the fancy dragon milling, and swervy crap... Just a 2k2 GZ Timmy, nice and plain. My teammates is sweet. Light, trigger is nice, etc.

~da "wishes he had a little sister to sell" baller

That's exactly the way I shoot my Ironmen Intimidator also (and my X-mag) when I want to throw paint.

With my timmy and with a Halo B on top I can shoot the whole hopper at 17bps in one long burst of paint...

I was playing mid/front yesterday and shooting around 7 pods a game in a 7 man event... some of my back players were only carrying 5-6 pods

Re: Mannn.......

Originally posted by PsychoBaller
    ...I'm not into the other models with all the fancy dragon milling, and swervy crap... Just a 2k2 GZ Timmy, nice and plain...
    How about 1/2 GZ and 1/2 Dragon?

Here's my fav Timmy... it belongs to "unseen" from PBN:

manike,

That's just insane! How do you like your Timmy? Can you discribe any differences between your Timmy and your Xmag? Feel? Maintenance? Performance? Reliability?

Thanks!

That is the most sexiest timmy I have ever seen.

Hey, speaking of GZ, aren't they coming out with their own matrix? Heard it was supposed to be pretty nice...

Re: Re: Mannn.......

Originally posted by Jack & Coke
    manike,
    That's just insane! How do you like your Timmy? Can you discribe any differences between your Timmy and your Xmag? Feel? Maintenance? Performance? Reliability?
    I Keep getting asked this, in person and via PM/e-mail.

To be honest it is still early days for me with the Intimidator.

I developed my paintball experience shooting mags, so shooting my RT and X-mag just always feel very natural for me. I love the size, feel and shape of them (especially the C&C but then obviously I am biased to it's looks ) They always come to my shoulder and point naturally which helps with snap shooting. I love the low profile height of the X-mag. I can still use my RT and shoot very well with it. It's a gun that feels like 'home' when I come back to using it. I do like shooting my X-mag (but then I do my cocker for different reasons... hmmhmhmhm back block goodness and my timmy come to think of it!)

I can't say a difference on maintenance or reliability, I abuse all of my kit, it gets used hard, it see's mud and rain and I don't worry about diving into the gravel incase it will scratch my anno Both have taken serious abuse so far and kept going. I've done something to the electronics of my X-mag at the World Cup, but that was probably after many hundreds of thousands of shots (I did over 50,000 with it in the first week I got it! just playing around with it) and it was quite probably down to a bad charger that I had. I've had to put an adjustable ram cap on my timmy to make sure the eyes always register the balls.

I put 28 cases of paint (mainly hellfire) through my X-mag without a break!

Both seem to be simple to work on. Both have some nice design features. I like the X-mag's modular system and option for manual, and removeable battery packs so I can have several and swap them easily. Swapping out batteries in the Timmy is a PITA in comparison. I like the Timmy's grips and quick strip bolt and eye over ride by pushing the bolt forwards and reset also.

I'm glad new X-mags are coming with on/off switched... although mine doesn't have one.

Performance, they are both fast guns, I find it slightly easier to shoot the timmy fast. But people have told me I am scary fast with both My paint consumption has gone up a little since getting the timmy.

I know I don't agree with the marketing practices of WAS, but I do give him credit for making excellent electronics which work very, very well.

I think the x-mag with level 10 set up properly is gentler on paint than the Timmy, but the Timmy doesn't have any real faults in that area either. (especially after slowing the bolt a touch by bringing down the LPR).

I get +/- 3 fps with the X-mag and now that I have the timmy set up how I like it (took me a while to tune it in and now it's at 50psi LPR and 10ms dwell) I'm getting similar results, my last chrono check at the Tourny this last weekend was 290, 290, 296. I use diablo paint exclusively.

At the rates of fire I shoot neither has noticeable shoot down

I prefer the efficiency of the Timmy. Which considering I tend to shoot a lot of paint can be important.

When it comes down to it, it's a hard choice, they are both at the pinnacle of paintball guns and ultimately I think it's just personal preference. I would be very happy with either, I'm just lucky to have both (oh and a race cocker... )

Unseen's gun is very nice...

Manike has a timmy? Now, ill have to steal that at the cup this year.

You have to actually come to the Cup to get the chance at any of my guns...

Its not my fault, but now, My friend has a car, he has to compete in the cup, so I just get a ride up their. If you bring your ironman timmy, my blue to black 2k2 timmy can hang with your timmy.

Stick em together and maybe you can get a mini timmy.

I was thinkin that, but you would take it home? Me or Manike, I think I would make a better father, because I am younger, I need another gun, manike has to many already.

Originally posted by Jack & Coke
    I think the best thing about this is that it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy and effortless to do.

Using the traditional finger walking method, I struggle a lot to maintain a consistant string. If I'm lucky and my fingers and knuckles don't seize up on me, I figure I can hit around 7-10 cycles per second. Not too fast compared to today's super finger walking mofos.

However, it is really really really easy to gitty up to 18-20 cps using the AO roller finger METHOD.

Did I mention it's easy?

Cheers!
    Get yourself over to your local musical instrument shop and grab a finger exerciser for guitar players and use it when you're sitting idle (TV, riding the bus/train, etc.). A few weeks of squeezing and you'll drasticly increase your ROF via trigger walking.

-Evil Bob

Thumbs up

good tip, I'll look into it...

Thats an awesome method J&C too bad i dont have the stock trigger on my gz right now.

I have a system x reaper trigger and i really like it for walking. At practice the other day i was emptying my entire off the break in one entire string like Manike was talking about. You cannot beat the Timmy + Was Board + Halo combination in my opinion. Its just nuts how fast these guns are.
    AGG!

Dude, I tried that on my defiant and I don't think I've ever heard it go that fast before. It was a constant click that got faster and faster. Man, I only wish I had a HALO.

I wonder if this style of trigger raking (roller trigger method - sans roller) will be banned soon?

My trigger is 1 shot per 1 trigger cycle.

NO BOUNCE.

However, it is actually 4 shots per 1 finger cycle.

Trigger raking maybe legal according to today's rules, but it's most certainly not consistant with the spirit of "1 pull = 1 shot".

I would not doubt it if leagues end up rewritting the language in their rules to ban trigger raking/rolling.

Using this method, it is WAY TOO EASY to rip 20 on todays electros.

Although I couldn't gitty up to the speed and consistancy of my GZ, I was able to get some nice bps on my friend's IR3 this afternoon... I think his IR3 trigger was maybe too weird of a shape to take advantage of trigger raking.

What ever happened to the developement of the "fiddle stick"? Wasn't someone working on it for the Emag? manike?
    Last edited by Jack & Coke; 03-17-2003 at 08:29 PM.

Darn. Too bad the emag trigger doesn't rake as well as that. =(
    Pewter SFL E-Mag #EM01569
    Pewter Shocktech Intimidator

My Trading Feedback

Extraordinary Traders:
    Johnny Bravo

Good Traders:
    fcpchop, Xerces, Piccolo, hawpunch, Boble86, NCpaintballer, Chupas2, shrapnel, gump1119, Methos, PunkOff, TheFlamingKoosh, RogueFactor, Jonesie

now i really want to do that to my impulse trigger... will the washer and pin method work on a blade trigger??
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

Jack is walking a trigger in the spirit of the rules? What about doing it with say 3 fingers?

Yeah I have some triggers designed to help you do this.

I also believe it is legal in the current rules and would be tough to ban.

Why would they want to? It's fair, everyone can do it. It's not FA or a danger to anyone in a safe zone or accidental discharge situation...

I would far rather have people 'nub-rubbing' then having bouncing triggers - it's much safer and how are you going to enforce a ban? Only approved techniques/positions for pulling the trigger?
    London Tigers AM

Sponsored by:
    CustomSportsGear.com,
    PRO CAPS,
    DraXXuS paintballs,
    V-FORCE,
    The MATRIX Centre,
    MATRIX,
    GENERATION E,
    PURE RUSH PAINTBALL,
    EVO II

www.mayhemtigers.com