Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SFL Pictures and History Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlamingKoosh
    wait, so you are or aren't selling it?

Just wondering how fast I would have had to scramble to get some cash...
    Dude the poop green one is for sale on PBN and there is that Dust Black on that.... whatever his name is is selling. (listed on my site)

up

realy not anything to do with sfl's but i got some pics of my warped mag you can put on your site in that galleries thing. pm me if you want them.

z-man would you put my new pictures of my sfl on your site instead of the old ones. the thread is called sweet mag pics or somehtin

thanks

1/35 sfl emag

want to trade 68/4500 for 88/4500

bump to the top....

To help track down some of the rest for your site, I will name drop some.

Brian Terrys' SFL is now a husk of its former self at the agd factory

Kayle's SFL is still safley in his hands... or unsafely in his wifeys hands pointed directly at Tygers junk. I think on Muzik's shatner3 page you can find a pic of Melissa with it.

Psychoballer is one of the AFTICA brothers and well you have a pic of that above.

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

Yeah I heard about that mythical Brian Terry SFL. 2 questions.

1- how do you break an SFL to the point that its unusable? I mean if the boards are bad just put in all new electronics. Did it get run over by a truck and flattened?

2- If he's not going to use it and its just setting there, well I bet he could sell it.

Also for all those people listed (thank you) I DEMAND PICTS! I want history, modifications, owner hierarchy, current condition, location the works! I'm going to find out once and for allow many SFL's were made and where they are so I can say i have "One of XX markers" I am tired of this some say its 30 others say up to 50. Must know!!! Danny Love I will hunt you down myself and get the info if I have to!

1: its just cursed... seriously... The gremlins have just inhabited that mag and well... its FUBAR.

2: sure but im sure that is like spreading a bad STD or something... honestly it only makes for a good paper weight. a 1 or 35 paper weight but a paper weight nonetheless.

Here is a pic of Brians husk of a former gun.

Oh and since Kayle might not see this thread... here is a pic of his wifey with his blue SFL

Last edited by edweird; 09-14-2004 at 04:13 PM.

an SFL paperweigt? mmmm, i could use one of those.... granted it would be put in a display case so would that make it an SFL display case weight?

Page update!

Law has sent me his set of images and the fabled Brian Terry SFL is now up. 9 down and what... 30-40 to go?

zman,
    I sold my red sfl to smilestyler last year. I picked it up from a guy in Hawaii on pbnation.
    720 Xmag

Zman-

Have you been through this thread?

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...light=sfl+list

I know we had a good list there and it almost seems like we are looking more at 25-35 but the number we will never know for sure.
    Taking a long needed leave of the sport to finish school and tour the country

b2k3w/pds, vaporized, vapor valve, aka sidewinder, chaos chip, palmer rock lpr, CP barrels, 68/45 hyperflow

B2k3 w/pds and bunch of upgrades for sale

Here is an old thread of a for sale of an sfl

It belonged to a kid I knew in the milwaukee wi area and he sold it to who knows who.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...light=sfl+emag....

It was one of the first sfl's i had ever seen or really before pictures of owners started flying up. The sfl when I saw it performed either very well or it would be a complete blender.

Quote Originally Posted by lawman1380
    zman,
    I sold my red sfl to smilestyler last year. I picked it up from a guy in Hawaii on pbnation.
    Found a picture of your SFL and I was hoping you might do a little writup on what you know about it. You know history, how long you had it what you did to it etc... Thanks Law for the info I had seen some of those posts but I was not sure how I wanted to proceed. One the one had I bet I could get about 20 of the SFL's listed from finding a shot here or there but I would have no info on them at all.. I kinda would like to have a little somthing to put down by it other than... SFL#17 ya know?

zman,
    I emailed you a brief descripition of what I know about it along the the two pics I took.
    Hope this helps

It is one of the best markers I ever owned and I hope that this new chaos board, vaporized pds bushy can replace it which I am sure it can after a little milling and anno! But its like I was a part of something

Definately glad to have the info documented somewhere!!

Bringing this back up for you all to remember. I made some small updates to the page layout of each SFL (old images section). Again I am still looking for these things and have 10 listed so far. I would thank you for any corrections, updates and leads you have on the current whereabouts of these SFLs.

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/ga...ags/page1.html
    Last edited by Z-man; 03-26-2005 at 01:27 PM. Reason: updating all my links

I remembered a guy in Ontario, Canada that had one for sale right after I bought mine. His name is Dragoon. It was pewter I think. He probably ended up selling it, but to where I don't know. Hope this helps.

OK this has lurked for a bit now. I have been tweaking the gallery page and making an effort to make it look all pretty and what not. I have the itch to get my content current and so I have brought this thread back up and on top of that I am going to PM everyone who's SFL I have already and make a big stink about giving me current images (BIG well arranged shots at that) and to get me a write-up on the marker. Heck if you see one that WAS yours and have something to write about it, please do.

Only a few of the SFL's listed have a fairly complete history and set of images to go with it. Maybe it will remain like that but I ain't done trying yet! Again here is the main gallery page:

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/ga...s/gallery.html

I am sure you can all find the SFL's from there. Now to the PM's!
    Last edited by Z-man; 03-26-2005 at 01:27 PM. Reason: updating all my links

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    zman il do my write up of edwierds SFL from when i owned it...

I origionally aquired this sfl after alot of hard searching. It was an odd way that i came into contact with it, but alas, i digest. This sfl had been up for grabs on the boards, the owner, wanted an angel for it, where as i was offering cash. He wanted the angel and that was that. I had already been on the xmag list, with AGD rob, who recieved the first few xmags. Dansim had contacted me, knowing i was getting an xmag, and he was interested. throughout talking with dansim, i had let him know that i was interested in the sfl even more, as i liked the milling etc more than the xmag. dansim contacted the seller to see if he would be interested in his newly aquired excalibur. He wasnt, but an owner of an adrenaline angel was. So, it was a 3 way trade. dansim got the xmag that i was waiting on, one of the first few production xmags, the owner of the sfl got his angel, and the owner of the angel got his excalubur. everyone was happy.

I was currently in chile at the time, so my parents did the sending. The chileans were already impressed with my old e-mag, which i soon had to part ways with to obtain the sfl. My dad came down to visit me, and in toe was the sfl. It was greater than i could have imagined. Dansim sent it to AGD to be worked over, have the ace installed, and have the lvl 10 tuned before it reached me. I was extatic to have it. i quickly worked on my trigger, and got it set up perfectly.

2 weeks from the time i recieved it, i had the oppertunity to play with it in a tournament in Santiago. I traveled to santiago, to visit my friend, and friend of AGD Jon(whom introduced me to him) for the tournament. Everyone was blown away by the sfl. blazing fast, ace, and lvl 10. not a single chop, which was better than their impulses were doing. It was great. then the dreaded Ace troubles came into play.

one day, while tuning the trigger, the mysterious blue smoke had excaped. the ace had fried.... got back stateside, to IAO and had the ace replaced, this was the first tournament aftica had played in. The marker performed flawlessly the whole time, not a single hitch.

It kept on blazing through shatnerball, where i got the bug, the matrix bug. i tried trading it to the guys at the gen e booth, straight up for a nyx matrix, but their boss wouldnt have it. Thwarted. The sfl performed amazingly as always, but i was up for something new. So i put it for trade on pbn and ao. i got some ok offers, but nothing for what i wanted, a private label matrix. then... the owner before me contacted me. he said there is a bautiful blue to white fade toxic on ebay for cheep. he will buy it and trade it for the sfl.

i said you have a deal. so the final day rolls around, and the matrix is hovering around 800 not really moving. the seller on ebay unlists it at the last moment, just as my buyer was about to bid. he said it was insane to let it go for that cheep, and we all agreed. the origional owner of the sfl said that he wasnt paying over 900 for the matrix, where as the seller wanted 1000.

I went into the chat, bummed about what happened, and Edwierd comes on and says "let me look at some things, and il see what i cant do about buying it. well low and behold, eg comes back to me an says, hows 1000? i said thats perfect. Right before i went to send the sfl out to ed.. the dreaded ace problem came back again. as i was cleaning it and re assembling the sfl, what do i hear? FIZZZZ followed by that blue smoke, ace board 2 down. thats the pits. luckily ed still offers to buy the sfl. and the rest is history.

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

Yay! I hope you spell checked it becasue I won't see the erroers . Putting it up now. Man that was fast.

EDIT: Ack and I had Edweird's name spelled EDWIERD bah!!!!! Thank you again Magman007!
    Last edited by Z-man; 03-17-2005 at 01:17 AM.

I before e except after c ... unless the word is "weird"

Um once I got the SFL from mill "killer of ace boards" badwhateverhislastnameisagain I took it to World cup where I dropped its carcass off with RobAGD and asked him to make it workie again. So manny moon later and lots of irc conversation inbetween I get it back from rob and it works like a champ. Thanks rob again for the ace from his Xm and I still owe him a opusX for his trouble.

currently I have some solenoid plunger length issues and have yet to fix em, but other than that its tip top...

ed, my name is mill now??

and its badnaruk

also... im still not as bad as nick!

Small but nice update. JohnMcFatty's "poop" green SFL is now owned by JimBud and he kindly sent me some nice images of it.

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/ga...imbud_sfl.html

Now how about the rest of you? What you to say for yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-man
    Small but nice update. JohnMcFatty's "poop" green SFL is now owned by JimBud and he kindly sent me some nice images of it.

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/ga...imbud_sfl.html

Now how about the rest of you? What you to say for yourselves?

Gah, I'll finally send you larger pictures of my SFL. I just want you to make another row of SFL emags on your page

Quote Originally Posted by bunny5
    Gah, I'll finally send you larger pictures of my SFL. I just want you to make another row of SFL emags on your page
    Yes! Yes! I just got them. Oh indeed this is a good day! Gimme a few minutes to get it up. That will make 11 confirmed

EDIT: here we are:

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/ga...unny5_sfl.html
    Last edited by Z-man; 03-30-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magman007
    ed, my name is mill now??

and its badnaruk

also... im still not as bad as nick!

nah nick just kills main boards... your the undisputed slayer of the ace board imho.

as for the name, eh... (insert some witty comment about a non mag owning matrix whore with a username like magman007)

eh ok i can live with that

and, id change my name here, but then id have to change it every where else, and im already known

Well, this thread is a bit old, but I'll add my SFL Emag to the mix. I bought it from Jeff Miller about a year ago. It still sits in its purple color, but that will probably be changing soon. It has had issues from the first day out (that I didn't know about when I bought the marker), but I hope Tuna can fix it up. Its got RobAGD a bit puzzled. He worked his butt off to help me out, and I appreciate it more than I can tell him. If I need to send pictures somewhere, just let me know.

Nick

Primary: Blue to Black Fade C&C Xmag
    Secondary: Purple SFL Emag

Quote Originally Posted by Augiedoggy18
    Well, this thread is a bit old, but I'll add my SFL Emag to the mix. I bought it from Jeff Miller about a year ago. It still sits in its purple color, but that will probably be changing soon. It has had issues from the first day out (that I didn't know about when I bought the marker), but I hope Tuna can fix it up. Its got RobAGD a bit puzzled. He worked his butt off to help me out, and I appreciate it more than I can tell him. If I need to send pictures somewhere, just let me know.

Nick
    If you ever want someone to take it off your hands LMK, I love Jeff's SFL. Not to mention, it will fit right in with all my other purple mags

I'm quite serious btw.

How many?

Why doesent someone just e-mail shocktech and ask them how many Sfl mags they cranked out, then work from there?