Thread: idea for a mag pistol

idea for a mag pistol

hey all, i was just thinking about the situation i'm in. i've been looking for a pistol to mess around with for quite some time. however, the only semi ones are just plain terrible. the pumps are decent, but so slow. yes, i know that the sydarm exists, and i know all about it. however, i was just wondering if a different design could be implimented. anyways, heres the basic idea. most pistols are the 3 tube design. most people will agree that this this is tall and pretty akward. i figured it would probably be possible to change it. imagine this. the pistol is made with a 2 tube design. the top tube is a spring fed tube/clip. the bottom tube is similar to a standard mag body, but it extends into a barrel, of maybe 8 inches or so. the body itself would have to be aluminum though. excess weight should be avoided in a pistol. the idea that would allow the whole thing to fit so well is a new valve design. the rear regulator section of the mag valve screws into the back of the valve assembly. what if, that connection was made on the top of the valve and the bottom of the regulator. this would shorten the overall length by about two inces. the regulator would fit inline with the upper feed tube. now, if the clip was spring loaded, theoreticaly, blowback wouldn't be an issue. for that reason, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to shorten the power tube and the bolt by about an inch. now, your looking at a mag that is at least three inches shorter off the back. that way, you can push the barrel back three inches. with a mag valve with an overall length of only about 3 inches, you could make an 11 inch pistol (some standard) with an 8 inch barrel. also, the body section would be thicker (like a regular mag body) than the feed tube above it. this snowmanish shape would be much more balanced then a three tube design. now, with some manufacturar modifications, agd is looking at a pistol that people would actually like! without spending 600 dollars on a custom pgp with all sorts of ugly **** hanging off the sides, of course. i figure the gun couldn't retail for more than 200 dollars. using standard mag parts would also be an awsome plus. anyways, thats my basic idea. feel free to praise it or shoot it down as you see fit...after all, i've got a million of em
    "damnit he's back. i really hate these tinted lenses"

if you mean a bottom feeding clip, i had that idea too. the only problem, is then your left with a rather large thick grip frame. something as thick as a tube + thick enough to have some integrity is gonna be pretty uncomfortable. keep em comin!

you could just have a hollow tube that ran down the side of the gun. i would cut off the powerfeed and have the tube run into the gun. this would be like warp, except spring loaded.

Lots of flaws in that idea. Basicly all you are talking about is a Aluminum version of a sydarm. Also, you have to rememeber, a Mag on liquid CO2 is bad. Unless you figured out a way to keep the liquid out of the gun, at rapid fire, you will freeze the reg (yes, this even happens to Sydarms). I am not sure if you ever played with a Sheridan based pistol (ie. PGP) the three tube design works well and is well balanced. You also miss the point that an Automag reg is almost $200 so, unless you plan on making the rest of the gun for nothing, you are going to have a $300-$500 gun on your hands. Might as well go buy a Squall.

BTW: the Squall is sexxxy
    http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images...res/sqll-2.JPG

Lightbulb idea!

i was talking with rob lussier from ATS last year and we were running through some basic ideas on how to make the AT10 which simulates a MAC10 feel and shoot more like a MAC10 and we cam up with a grip frame that had a really skinny clip that held about 25 balls which was max and couldn't use a VL clip sidewall and the clip just slid into the bottom of the grip frame just like the real thing. it was pretty sweet idea but rob said that it would be to expensive to even produce a prototype so the idea never flew but if AGD wants to take the idea off my hands for military training go right ahead just send me an email and i would be happy to give you everything about the idea btw it was totally mechanical there was no electronics involved
    Jonathan Tsamalidis
    Team CQB and CESF
    http://cesfhq.tripod.com