Thread: Splat!

Splat!

Mirus Entertainment's "Splat!" will hit video store shelves on August 31st. The film, a family friendly actioner about kids trying to qualify for a paintball tournament, will be available at Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and select retailers nationwide.
    Wow, I just watched this movie. I must say it doesn't compare with most movies you watch out there, but watching it was rather funny. I had a good time watching it. A pretty low-budget film with corny jokes and not the greatest actors. I liked it. I don't think everybody should be rushing out to buy it, but maybe if you have a dvd rewards card or something to go check it out.

Tom Kaye, you were great in the movie! Too bad the bad guy got the Xmag and the good guy got the Orracle.

Bud Orr was in the movie too. He talked more in the movie than at IAO, lol.

The greatest parts of the movie were the speed of the shooting and the sound of the markers. Oh, and watching Britt making her mark on the bad guy (she was really hot btw)
    Last edited by Xyxyll; 08-31-2004 at 11:22 PM.

LOL Do you have to buy it or can you rent it?

Haha, I should check this out, what section is it in?
    My Feedback
    UBLPB. UBLPB. UBLPB.

I went into Blockbuster and checked all the new releases and couldn't find it. So I asked the girl working and she had to go in the back and find it. They didn't even bother to put it on the shelves, haha. You can rent it. That's what I did.

I'd be willing to give that a look. I hope they have it at Blockbuster here in Canada, too.

Jeff P
    Secretary
    The Canadian Contingent Paintball Club
    Cousins - EMR - PaintStorm - Odyssey - StraightShot

i will be hitting up the blockbuster tonite to find it!
    A Sanchez Machine Distributor
    Ask me about my US Armed Forces, Law Enforcement and Fire Department Discount
    PBN Feedback
    AO feedback
    EBAY feedback

The wife brought it home tuesday night, she was thinking "hey, it's paintball, he'll like it"...

It was pretty cheesy, but it wasn't outright terrible and it wasn't great either, it was mildly entertaining, definitely low budget.

Not alot of profanity, a few obvious bleep outs, etc. its definitely one the kids can watch.

-Evil Bob

haha, I thought it was great because it was so horrible.

Maybe if I'm reeeeeally bored one night.... nah probably not
    FOR SALE: Intelliframe, AGD Flatline, AA Apocolypse, Powerlight Scepter, and more!!

Big Sale!!!!!!!

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=199508
    http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=473692
    http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=vickbaron
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1493651#post1493651

I remember when they were shooting this movie. Yeah, it was low budget, but hey, someone was willing to make a movie about paintball and actually take pointers from the industry. In my mind that gives it two thumbs up.

Do they have it on DVD? or just VHS?

I got it on DVD.

yeah, i got bored last night and i decided i wanted to buy some comp games. went to fry's, and they had "Splat!" in the horror section (i kid you not. and "Splat Attack" was in sci/fi). i bought it and i think it is worth the $$. it's pretty good at points, pretty lame at others. but as Evil Bob said, it's more for the kids.
    e-mag 226
    flashed with 1.31