Thread: Post your Shatnerball highlights

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post your Shatnerball highlights

I finally have the time to make a post about the highlights of my weekend. Damn nightshifts

To start, just getting through customs in less than 45mins on my way down is definately a highlight.

Hanging out with all my AO family, both new and old, was worth the trip alone.

Friday -

Waiting for the beer trailer to open with 8 other AOers, all of which were sitting on chairs in front just watching and making the setup guy nervous

Getting tiered of waiting, we decided to go to a bar for lunch and of course, beer(1.50 drafts! mmmmbeer)

When time came for a another round the beer guy would see us twitch towards the beer trailer, and immediately start pour a round of 10

Of course one cant forget the "Beeramid" may not have been 100% complete, but people were throwing out thier cups. Damn you people!

Im sure more happened after this but I can't remember for some strange reason.

Saturday -

Getting up early so we could go play, and then not play. Thanks Bill

Then of course the beer trailer served up a few cold ones.

Gambit's house for some tastey burgers, and beer.

Watching Trina and Melissa be introduced to a certain female web/IRC personality, and then watching Melissa run to look for a nice piece of lawn(i dont really need to go further)

Being introduced to "Psycho girl", all I can say is WOW, she is truely touched in the head.

Sunday -

Getting up *** early to get to the field and get stuff setup.

Playing for most of the day with my AM-P Illusion, and schooling chumps pump style.

Having the honor of getting into a nice fire fight with Albinonewt and Kelly I guess I shouldn't have taken out 3 out of four buddies, that guy got more than a little pissed(I hate bonusballers, and so did the ref...) IIRC, Newt took him out after that. Thanks

Having the EXTREME pleasure to play with some the AFTICA boys, and clear out almost the entire north side along the railway tracks before the final break of the day. Now if we only had another 5 minutes, we would have been holding Shatners base at the final break.

WE OWN, no question.

Single shotting some guy from about 50yrds and having him say "Nice shot" and me replying "you're welcome"

Shooting another guy and have him say "@#$%" And me not being one to resist more taunting, had to retort with "YEAH, That's right... you just got owned by a pump.... *****!" Then hearing the laughter from the guys, followed immediatly by a really long stream of paint hammering the bunker I was using. Do you think I pissed someone else off? HEHE

Almost getting taken out by some guy blind firing behind us, and then spinning to see 3 guys stand about 25' behind us. I got to take out 3 more chumps with the pump. I am so glad they didn't open up, we wouldn't have seen it coming, that would have left a mark or 2.

Scaring the crap out of Load, and Kennedy earlier in the day with the pump, sorry guys didn't mean to. *SNICKER* I couldn't help using you and your sightline.

Playing around with the Air America guys, can't get the damn "Money, money, money, money... MONEY" out of my head now, not to mention, the sound of almost the entire shuttle bus singing along. And the sight of Shane and Ted dancing to it was just scary and hilarious at the same time.

Playing the final battle with all my AO buddies: Wyn, Datapimp, Frymarker, Doobie, Trina, PrettyKitty, Evil Preacher, Cable, Ironkong(Flip), Dayspring, Kevdupuis(GIMP ), Gambit, Beemer, Smilestyler, Spantol, Kennedy(Ralphie) of course the AFTICA boys, Oldsoldier, Edweird, Load... I'm sure there are a whole bunch I am missing but damn there were a lot of AOers there...!

Monday -

Having a great farewell breakfast with the rmaining AOer's and watching Roman do laps between the washroom and the table, good thing he had an straight line to the can.

Driving to the airport with Load and Spantol, then watching as Spantol parks his car on top of someguy's bag, then starting to argue about how its theoretically impossible to damage a camera at the other end of the bag. LOL

Headbanging to a guy playing Guns and Roses at the airport with Load, okay maybe not headbaning but enjoing it as we walked by

And of course clearing customs with no strip search.

Thanks go out to Tom for the great event, Muzikiman for the GREAT pics and letting me shack up with you and Bill(plutonically of course), Oldsoldier for the entry, Paladin for getting my Federation jersey from yr 1 signed by Shatner, Gambit for the pick up from the airport and the tastey burgers!, Dayspring/Oldsoldier/Muzikman for rides to and from field, and Spantol for the ride to the airport, I hope you didn't hurt your car running over the guy's bag.

To sum it all up... AWESOME TIME as usual. Thanks AO!
    Last edited by Creative Mayhem; 09-09-2004 at 03:26 PM.