Thread: HyperFrame Users

HyperSnyper Guest

HyperFrame Users

Hello all,

This is for ppl that use the Hyperframe, or have used it and have their opinions about it. I dont want ppl that dont have it to give their opinions on it, when they never used it before.

I want to know their opinions about it. The pros and cons they noticed. Did you guys have a hella lot of problems with it, or did it bolt up and perform flawlessly?

I have read Bill Mills article in Warpig about his experiences with the Hyperframe. His setup gave him good luck in the beginiing, but he asid it damaged his bolt and sear after about 1/2 case paint. It was able to be corrected with modification of the on/off assembly I believe.

Well I just want to everyones $0.02. Let me know all. Thx.

-HyperSnyper

Well i have gone through 3 bolts now. It is so bad that the sear wont catch at all anymore. It works perfect for the first case maybe more for me. But playing tournies that goes to fast. I'm selling it. BUT... if you send it in to centerflag they will fix the problem indefinite. My friend sent his in and it works perfect now. But agian i have no time to wait the 3 weeks. Just my thought!!!
    www.teamrhythm.net

Rhythm milled freeflow cocker with E-blade...it's so nice having your own gun!!!

Sponsors:
    www.sirepaintball.com
    www.4freeflow.com
    Planet Eclipse
    Detroit Thunder/Draxxus

He waited three weeks?!? Good lord. I sent mine in when I fried my board and it was sent back to me within one week. Didn't cost me anything but shipping.
    By the way, I love my hyperframe, match it up with RT Valve and it is good as gold. I haven't gone through bolts but I have gone through a sear though. I also do a lot of tourny play so it sees a lot of action.
    What has your elf done for you lately?
    ---
    Hyper-mini-retro-warp mag w/: Proconnect : DZII : PE 88ci 3k : Full 14in Freak : 12 volt revy : Various parts painted metallic blue
    ---

Once again, I defend my venerable Hyperframe. I have had no bolt or sear wear with about a year of use.(can't remember how many cases)The trigger feels fantastic and, together with my Retrovalve, frequently outrun my revy.(Can't wait for the HALO) I can turn down the ROF to about 8-9bps and experience little to no chopping. The fire modes are fun but I tend to keep it in Semi now. Contrary to what some people have said, it does have a tourney lock.
    I am currently saving for an E-mag Extreme, but will keep my Hypermag for my wife. She really likes it too and I sometimes have to fight her for it
    Any other specific ??? Just PM me.

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

I love mine. It's mounted on my vertical feed Micro Mag 2k RT. I did the smart thing and sent it into Centerflag. 6 days later, it came back and it's been shooting flawlessy for over 6000rnds. I keep checking the bolt expecting to find some nasty wear marks, but I haven't seen anything yet. I'd reccomend it to all mag users who feel that the E-mag is out of their financial grasp, but want a mag based electro anyway.
    Shoot it like you stole it!
    [IMG]Sig image must be under 20kb[/IMG]

I love my Hyperframe - NOW. Originally when I got it everything was working great. I used it for about 3 months and then my sear got chipped and had to be replaced (it was the original in my mag - over 2 yrs old, so I thought it could be just normal wear). When I replaced the sear my Mag started chewing up the bolt bad. I called Centerflag and they took care of everything. They sent me a longer on/off pin as well as a new bolt. Now everything works fine. From what I understand, the problem is all related to the placement of the sear in the body rail. If the sear pin drops down further into the body rail then is needed you will have problems like this. We're only talking fractions of an inch here, so it's about 50/50 whether you work right from the start or not. I will say that Centerflag is great as far as support goes, so you really can't go wrong. If you can't get it to work right they'll take care of you.

um if i buy a new frame now like online. Are the frames already fixed. Or could i still experience the problems some of u have had

I'm guessing here,but... Seeing as how the problems arise because of the tolerance differences between the rail, body, and grip frame, you may experience these problems still. Like I said, I have had none of the problems some people have experienced. Call or e-mail Centerflag and maybe they can answer that question for you. They may have addressed those tolerance issues in their newer frames.
    It is also advisable to put a fresh battery in at the start of every day. When they get low, the solenoid won't push the sear hard enough to fire the gun. A fresh battery ensures trouble free play all day.

I have had mine for about a year now and have experienced only a little bolt wear problem. But i just changed out the power tube spacer and it works great now.

The only thing is my saftey fell out, so now i have to send it back, but have not had a chance yet.

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

paintballrulzs, as Doobie stated you still can have a problem related to body rail tolerences. I do know that centerflag is now shipping the Hyperframes with a longer on/off pin then they originally did. This should cut down on the chance of having a problem but it doesn't eliminate it entirely.

HyperSnyper Guest
    Guys, I really appreciate all the info youve been feeding me,

The thing is that the Hypreframe I want will be going on my Micromag. I called Centerflags the first time, and they said they would have to charge me $150 for in house installation.

The reason being that on Micromag 2000 and RT Pros, the tolerances are different between the rail, on/off assembly, and valve. They claimed that they would have to mill down the rail, mill the sear, swap out the on/off pin, and other fun stuff. When I sent them a pic of my gun, they said it was a 1999 Micro, and that the Hyper should bolt on flawlessly with no probs.

Im hoping that this will all work out well.

Dont stop the thread, keep your Hyperframe experiences going.

Also, if you ever had problems, what did you do to remedy it?