Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prototype Vert and Power Feed Main Body NEED FEEDBACK!!

Prototype Vert and Power Feed Main Body NEED FEEDBACK!!

AO Research Team.

Once again I am calling on you to help in a development project. The HALO research is showing that vertical feeds on ALL guns do not have as good ball control as power feeds. This is why you see the power feed Emag shooting 16 BPS in the HALO videos and no others.

We realize you like the vertical feeds because it centers the hopper on the gun with no bias on which side of the bunker you shoot from. Here is our solution, a combination power and vertical feed that offers the best of both worlds. This is a quick prototype and the tube is not quite vertical but we just want to see what you think of it. FIRE AWAY!!

Thanks from your team leader,

AGD

will they be available for classic mags?

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

IMHO, that looks pretty slick. I think it will probably be received rather poorly in the Paintball Community, but it sure looks nice to me. I want one, wait, I have a warp...

I want one anyway.

I've always like vert feeds better from an aesthetic standpoint, but powerfeed performs so much better. This really is the best of both worlds.
    Potatoboy!

Thumbs up

I like it.
    What has your elf done for you lately?
    ---
    Hyper-mini-retro-warp mag w/: Proconnect : DZII : PE 88ci 3k : Full 14in Freak : 12 volt revy : Various parts painted metallic blue
    ---

This actually looks really cool to me. My prediction is that the body will be like the warp and become popular after a while.

It's tall. Probably too tall.

It's actually lower than our regular vert feed by about 3/4".

AGD

looks good... i understand what ur trying to get at...
    ........$$...........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    .......$$$$................$$$......
    ......$$..$$...............$$$......
    .....$$....$$..............$$$......
    ....$$$$$$$.............$$$......
    ...$$........$$....$$$...$$$......
    ..$$..........$$....$$$..$$$......
    .$$............$$.....$$$$$.........

Would a mandrel bent tube going up from a traditional P/F to the vertical as pictured not feed better instead of the two peace design? One smooth radius instead of two? Thinking a gentle curve would act less to impede the ball than the two piece that's shown. Piece looks sweet and its easy to see how they would be accepted if you produce them.

Originally posted by AGD
    It's actually lower than our regular vert feed by about 3/4".
    I was going to say that it looks a little lower than a Center Feed Emag, but is the ball stack reduced at all? The only problems I can foresee with this is ball stack issues, and related to that, the 45% bend in the stack that's non-adjustable.

Looks nice...AGD seems to be on something very cool ...can't wait to see the finished product
    Wookie- Support my team,wear my paint!

Playing with talent, on a loan from God

Personally i wouldn't spend the money for a new body like that. My reason is that it seems that a pf with an elbow would do about the same. Am i wrong? I think it looks pretty cool. Y not something that goes over existing powerfeeds to make it like that? I don't know i could b all wrong bout this. Just my opionion. The do look very cool tho

Good God, I wish that had been a option when I ordered my E-mag. I got a vert because of the balance thing. Dangit! If you want me to beta test one of those I'll trade in my mainbody for one of those in a minute!
    Nice job!

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

i like the idea....

but i gotta say, it looks butt monkey ugly....

my suggestion is just tip the powerfeed back similar to the old style RTs but without the hi rise part...

easier to clean than the hirise powerfeeds, centered for better ballance and still a powerfeed...

-Booyah
    -------------
    Level 10 68 Automag classic with j&j 10" edge kit, macroline, inteliframe, polished warp left body, dye raptor cradle, and 68 4500 Air America Raptor Rex with slide check quick disconnect warp and Richochet AK

i dont really like it. it looks kind of strange

drool.....

I likes I likes, If you think it's not strait enogh id be HAPPY to take it off your hands.

Thumbs down

if you just cut the powerfeed on any mag body, one ball length shorter, and add a plastic elbow, it will do the same trick.

i like the idea of airgun jersies more
    or fat blade triggers for the emag

hehe

"the home team"
    butterscotch yo

world cup was awsome, you all should have been there
    later

skirts

Yes, YES! That's it! Now one can do away with the plastic elbow, AND have the hopper centered over the body, AND have a power feed. I like it! I'll gladly donate my HL E-Mag body for more tests! (If can try it out after, J/K). Please continue with the project and make them available in the future.

Deep in the recesses of Northern Virginia
    I agree with skirts. It would be cheaper just to cut your powerfead or even to take it to a machine shop. Its not a bad idea Tom and it looks pretty good its just that replacement bodies are too exspensive.

But keep up the good work.

P.S. When ya coming to VA?
    BrockSampson "I see dead people..."

and once I see them, I make sweet, sweet love...

I like your concept but it's too tall. Could it be shorter than this?

i agree with some of the others who said this, all ur basicly doing is taking away the need for an elbow. once the elbow is on it looks almost idenical and there is really no need for this. it looks good and everything but i dont think it is nessesary.
    Email Adio755@Hotmail.com AIM Adio755
    The PB Trading List

It'll confuse people

That's my first reaction.

The second is that with the Warp and Halo, both "positive pressure" systems, blowback will simply not be the problem that it used to be, and air assists will also become obsolete.

Here's an idea I had for you:

A swiveling feed tube that, with about a 110 degree swivel, will convert from a Warp to a vertical feed. (In case of a Warp failure during gameplay or simply for versatility.)
    A side benefit is that perhaps the feed could swivel all the way to the other side (3 indexed positions possible), negating the need for all but one type of maintube. This would be a more versatile solution than even the Extreme, which necessitates the actual removal and replacement of breech modules (though this is not hard).

The stainless steel body would be perfect for the swivel idea.
    Last edited by FaSSt; 10-31-2001 at 09:09 PM.

Lets remember beauty. If someone is paying over a grand for a gun, they want something that looks nice. That looks UGLY IMO, i'd prefer the old High Rise looks more than that thing....

Altho I think performance wise with a halo that would be nice, but I think it would be too top heavy. I prefer low rise centerfeed, the higher it is the more of a 'blimp' you have on your gun just waiting to get hit.

Just an idea to throw at you tom, if you do keep something like this, make it like a standard warp body, with the higher end of the p/f tube threaded. This way you can thread on the piece to make it vert feed (also allows area for aftermarket ability), or you can put in a powerfeed plug and throw your warp on and rock with a warpfeed (getting the best of warp, powerfeed, and vert feed). I think that would be nice, assuming threading SS and making that adapter piece wouldn't cost a fortune.
    ~Chaos
    chaos@cazorp.com
    NutBuster.net
    Team AO, SoCal

Wanna talk to a REAL skanline guntech? Email smackmyass@cazorp.com

I'm no fan of vert feed - I went warp from powerfeed.

Looks is important over function in this sport. I don't think this one will win the oohs and aahs.

Personally I would opt for a warp body.

Just to let you know the HALO is not now, nor has it ever been a postitive pressure feed system. By design there is an air gap at the top of the ball stack in a HALO.

AGD

Good idea but...

kinda ugly
    have to feed the warp hose to the top of it
    adds not needed expense

Just have the powerfeed tube shorter so when people put the elbow on it centers the hopper more.
    I like potatoes

I like it, what about just cutting the powerfeed and still using an elbow?

Hills

ben_JD Guest

Excellent Idea...

But is there any noticable "slow-down" with having the two direction changes? a 40-degree or so change in direction just prior to the 90-degree turn into the breech. Will it still be faster than a straight vertical feed?

Originally posted by skirts
    if you just cut the powerfeed on any mag body, one ball length shorter, and add a plastic elbow, it will do the same trick.
    Hey! What about the warp bodies? Would those be the size for adding on a regular elbow and have a center-esque feed?

One question about the setup pictured as pictured... how would somebody add a warp to it later?
    Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy? I ate all the pies
    I disable .signatures Apparently you do not.

I personally think that is an ingenious design. It truly is the best of both worlds. Although it seems to sorta go against promoting the warp feed, for people that want a non warp gun, that seems to be the best feed idea i have seen yet. I'd consider buying something like that if it was released.

-Matt

"...And so we go on with our lives, we know the truth but prefer lies..." -NOFX, The Decline

***Micromag 2k***
    -------------------------
    Re-taped air valve
    BOA Snakebit barrel
    Revolution 12v
    Aci Bulldog 68ci. preset
    -------------------------