Thread: My First "Real" Video

My First "Real" Video

Need advice on what to improve.
    Video shot at Factory PB on my digital camera so it's not the best quality out there.
    Bout 7megs and 2minutes
    http://www.jayloo.com/videos/show_vid.html?pVID=217
    Video hosted at www.Jayloo.com

Good lord, was that in someone's basement? It was *TINY*.

Anyway, as far as improvements, I suppose if you want to be "agg", you could add in that "prisoner of today" song like everyone else likes to do, even though it won't fit what's going on. On a more serious suggestion, I'd say try not to move the camera so much. I know it's hard with a small field, but it's easier to see what's going on. I'm not sure if you did it or not, but talk to the players on at least one team to see where they're going so you can perhaps get a better position. Not bad for your first though.

That place is so small but looks fun. I would shoot more vid then just edit the highlights out but you did good for the first time. What program did you use?

already watced it on jayloo b4 i saw this post, nice vid

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    Quote Originally Posted by FallNAngel
    Good lord, was that in someone's basement? It was *TINY*.

Anyway, as far as improvements, I suppose if you want to be "agg", you could add in that "prisoner of today" song like everyone else likes to do, even though it won't fit what's going on. On a more serious suggestion, I'd say try not to move the camera so much. I know it's hard with a small field, but it's easier to see what's going on. I'm not sure if you did it or not, but talk to the players on at least one team to see where they're going so you can perhaps get a better position. Not bad for your first though.

Agg? Prisoners of Today was first brought to us by mike evans, of Ga tech. It is an amazing song, and turned me on to a great new band, Billy Talent. The song is not agg, it is a good song, and it meshes with paintball verry well from what i have seen so far. Think about it

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

lol try to not move the camera as much? As in like...moving it around or keeping it steady?

dude I wish that was my basement, we would be playin 10 on 10 everynight for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by magman007
    Agg? Prisoners of Today was first brought to us by mike evans, of Ga tech. It is an amazing song, and turned me on to a great new band, Billy Talent. The song is not agg, it is a good song, and it meshes with paintball verry well from what i have seen so far. Think about it
    Notice the quotes around agg? The whole thing was meant in a sarcastic tone. Yes, I know Mike Evans was the first to use it in his first DM4 video and it is a good song, that doesn't take away from the fact that a lot of people try to use it in their videos, even when it doesn't match what's going on *in* the video. Would Prisoner of Today fit in this video? Honestly, no I don't think so. Think about it.