Thread: Another one of those rambling which marker threads....lol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself

Another one of those rambling which marker threads....lol

I find myself kinda in a fix...

I recently sold off the better part of my Mag. The most important piece of course being the X valve. The thing that I hated about my X valve was its constant need for oil and attention. I couldn't skip a weekend of play and have the marker not leak , or require some attention to chrono right , not bolt stick , ect. Its not that I couldn't do it , it just was a hassle. I have heard many people talk about the reliability and lack of trouble with the X valve ...I guess mine was just needy?

I replaced it with a Dye Matrix. I have used the Matrix for a few weekends and just can't really get used to it. Its really accurate , ultra fast , and with the eyes and Trinity reg , it doesn't chop just like I was used to with the LX in the X valve. I really like the way the Matrix performs , but dislike the weight and feel of it. It just doesn't feel natural the way the Mag did. I have also found that the Trix requires a bit of attention also. Frequent maintainance and lubing , that generally result in nicks on O rings , leaks , etc...easy to fix , but a hassle just the same.

I suppose I am just ranting a bit about my luck with markers. I mean I do play hard and often. I should expect a bit of wear and tear on my equipment. I just long for the days when I really could just pull the gun out of the bag , load it up and go. I didn't have a feel for a marker , and just was happy to pull the trigger and it fire...... I would like to find something as fast as the Matrix , with the feel of the Mag , and reliable the way a classic valve is.....

Am I dreaming ?

couldve told me this before you sold the valve to me!!

quikkk and i win.

Viking. Fast, reliable, uber easy to maintain.

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

LittlePaintballBoy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelrat
    Viking. Fast, reliable, uber easy to maintain.
    This man speaks the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by t33kyboy
    couldve told me this before you sold the valve to me!!
    Don't get me wrong....it worked fine all the time that I played with it frequently. I only had problems with it leaking when I skipped a few weekends. All it required to fix was to oil the powertube and load oil in the ASA , take off the barrel and fire it through a tank of air. I hear this is fairly normal with many LX equipped valves. It just was such a hassle when I skipped a few weeks of play and had to lube the thing up to play.

I certainly would not have sold it to you if I though there was something "really" wrong with it w/o telling you.

PS- the bolt stick was a result of my adjusting the trigger for maximum rate of fire. A problem I never encountered before switching from the Intelliframe to the Logic frame.

I was jk. It was a great price, i didnt care what condition it was in

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by t33kyboy
    I was jk. It was a great price, i didnt care what condition it was in

Thanks again.

You had me for a minute

look in to the 05 speed...its easy to maintain and no need to upgrade it besides volumizers.and if you dont like the 90 grips they also have the 45 available...so you get more of a choice to which frame you like better...

either that or what steelrat said..
    ANGEL OWNER
    *Pred II* 2002 Blue Angel LCD
    System X drop, Lighting Trigger, Angel Wings sight rail, Universal Bolt, New LPR...Future Upgrades: CP Low rise, Cobra Flat Trigger, Soft Face Bolt

Blue A4 Fly

Blue 02 Angel LCD

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    It just was such a hassle when I skipped a few weeks of play and had to lube the thing up to play.
    God forbid you have to give it a few drops of oil

Yeah, definately stay away from the Matrix, Freestyle and Cyborg... all of which actually require you to disassemble the marker and *grease* it ::gasp:: Hell, if oiling a marker before a day of play, you should probably quit paintball all together. Any marker you get is going to require some form of maintenance and we all know how big of a hassle a few drops of oil can be

angel or viking

You need a Palmer Blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by FallNAngel
    God forbid you have to give it a few drops of oil

Yeah, definately stay away from the Matrix, Freestyle and Cyborg... all of which actually require you to disassemble the marker and *grease* it ::gasp:: Hell, if oiling a marker before a day of play, you should probably quit paintball all together. Any marker you get is going to require some form of maintenance and we all know how big of a hassle a few drops of oil can be

I just love when some punk has to throw in his .02......

OK , Mr. Smarty pants.

The reason that I found it a problem was the claim that "RT's can sit in the trunk of your car for months , pull it out and play w/o doing anything to it." I am not quoting word for word , but this was said by TK regarding his new valves. I am completly aware that all markers require maintainance on a regular basis to operate properly. I would just like to find one that doesn't require it every single time I get to the field.

I am not really sure that I had a point in posting this here , but it certainly wasn't to be the target of your crappy attitude or smart arse replies. I can get all I want of that from my 12 year old daughter.....

OK , Mr. Smarty pants.

The reason that I found it a problem was the claim that "RT's can sit in the trunk of your car for months , pull it out and play w/o doing anything to it." I am not quoting word for word , but this was said by TK regarding his new valves. I am completly aware that all markers require maintainance on a regular basis to operate properly. I would just like to find one that doesn't require it every single time I get to the field.

I am not really sure that I had a point in posting this here , but it certainly wasn't to be the target of your crappy attitude or smart arse replies. I can get all I want of that from my 12 year old daughter.....
    Actually I normally hear, let it sit for months at a time, oil it up, air it up and go.

I think its an issue in high end markers, as with anything else if you push the edges of performance you are going to have maintenance issues. And these are fairly small things designed to operate at very high pressures - even the markers shooting "low" pressure 100PSI range. This is going to cause some maintenance issues I think just because of that.

I know that my Shockers require quite a bit of maintenance, more than I would like to see. And I got sick of the mag for the same reasons you stated, the Shocker I was more accepting of the maintenance, theres not a good reason why, perhaps its just I really wanted to like my "new" marker. Come to think of it... I have to go fix one of mine that my teammate has LOL
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

OK , Mr. Smarty pants.

I've been shooting my RT-Pro with X-valve for over a year.. bout a year and a half, now.

Here's the O-ring Tally:

2 Carrier rings (Reg Seat Ring, but, uhh... in the powertube, of course)

1 Reg Seat

1 Regulator body ring (Not kidding! of all the ones to replace!)

4 Bumpers

I had a bit of break-in period where it needed a bit of oil..... But nowadays all I really need is a few drops in the ASA before a weekend.

I've seen the occasional 'attention needing' mag. One of my friends had one. A fellow AO-er took a look at it and ended up getting the thing to sing...
    Automag RT-Pro
    68 Classic
    BE 1999 Rainmaker
    PMI Trracer
    So many guns, So little time.