Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 185 Dollar Loader ?

Question 185 Dollar Loader ?

http://www.virtuespire.com

Virtue Spire ?

I thought the Rotor price at 170 wouldnt be topped, but this ones at 185 ?

I dont see why.....

Last edited by going_home; 08-17-2012 at 07:06 PM.

ill probably have to buy one.

Why does it look like a duck?

Kind of reminds me of the Apache hoppers. I never even gave the hopper a second thought until I saw these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjqGRjNIuzY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhez6_McOL0

Still, I think it is over priced, I might pick up a used one in a year or so when the next greatest hopper is released and they sell used for half the price.

the dumbest test video i have seen a long time.

terrible.

white one looks like the front of the monorail tram at Disney. Sorry, Ill stick with my $45 used HaloV35.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    white one looks like the front of the monorail tram at Disney. Sorry, Ill stick with my $45 used HaloV35.
    agree, agree, like

I haven't looked at hoppers for several years, this looks pretty cool. But I'm curious why there was nothing on feedrates, reliability and not a single test shot string on a marker.

At $185 is it made in the USA or China? That would be the big sell point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    I haven't looked at hoppers for several years, this looks pretty cool. But I'm curious why there was nothing on feedrates, reliability and not a single test shot string on a marker.

At $185 is it made in the USA or China? That would be the big sell point for me.

No doubt made in china like the rest, thought they would of undercut the price of a rotor
    Thing looks fugly I'll be sticking with my rotor.
    It does kinda annoy me the price they charge for cheap plastic moldings

Quote Originally Posted by luke

second that.

I wouldn't buy one because it is next to impossible to get a hold of anyone at Virtue lately. I was trying to get a board fixed and I sent a dozen emails and tried to call more than I emailed and I could never get anyone. I used to swear by Virtue products but now I don't trust them.

If those videos were the best idea Virtue can come up with, the marketing team need a swift kick up the arse. That promo was so lame, poorly produced and stupid I am stunned to be honest. If they are seriously expecting players to part with 185 bucks, they need to try a lot harder to sell the product in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned they can stick it where the sun don't shine, and I'll carry on using my tried and 'properly' tested Rotor, Halo's, Empire Reloaders, Vlocity etc..
    Last edited by GEE TEE; 08-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.

The things that impressed me in the videos I posted was the hopper being submurged under water and still running and being shot by a shotgun. It was nice seeing a hopper take an impact like that and not crack or break. I am sure if it was a halo there would be cracks all in it. I will agree, every single thing else in the video was pathetic. I would of loved to of seen my dalmation tear into the hopper though, now that would of been a good test.

Well...I watched the vids, looked over the website...and come to the conclusion that this must feed 1 ball every hour and a half. They certainly haven't pushed the speed capabilities of their product and have completely glossed over that entire subject so one must conclude that their product is slow.

Agreed.
    I want to see actual feed tests.
    And how about unloading 200 paintballs at the loader at say 15 feet away.

I bought my halo when they first came out and were geared instead of a belt for 150ish iirc, a few weeks later I sent it back to them and had it converted to belt drive and red shells. That put the total over 175$ and that was 10 or more years ago. I still have it, all original and its my main hopper. I just replaced the shells a couple months back. I see no point in these new hoppers boasting 30+ bps when almost all tournies these days are capped somewhere between 12.5 and 15bps. Ill stick with my halo.
    i buy souls

"Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

The white one looks like a speedboat. I can't believe the prices on stuff. They should have charged less than the rotor.

Agree, they missed a good opportunity to 1) market the thing correctly, and 2) undercut the price of a Rotor. Of course, the Rotor only has 2 pitfalls - how loud it is when it's out of paint, and the price. It looks like the Spire fixed the "sounds like a jet taking off when out of paint" with different loading logic. But they failed on the price.

Take that, along with the fact that you can't see anything with regard to durability and actual performance, and I've come up with the conclusion that I will NOT be an early adopter. I'll wait until someone makes a true Spire vs. Rotor test and posts it up on YouTube. Actually, DYE might want to do that....

I saw one being used yesterday. The guy using it liked it and I know it worked fine all day when he played with it. I dont think there are any feed rate issues with it. I believe he had it on a demon.

MOTY3
    Kinda looks like a stealth fighter...at that price it should deflect paintballs like radar signals.

Yeah I must agree with most everyone in here. I'm not impressed. Ill stick with the rotor. But there are videos on youtube of them being used on markers one of which they claim to be running it up to 30bps... or so they say.

wow... am i alone in thinking that these are hideous?

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision
    wow... am i alone in thinking that these are hideous?
    No. Someone said that the white one looks like a speed boat. I agree. And I don't like it.

If the performance was there and the price was LESS than a Rotor, I would probably buy in. Looks aren't that important if the thing works. But the way it is now, it's 0-for-3. Price too high, no video showing its performance, and its ugly.

And we still don't know anything about the durability, but I'm shying away from that lid/cover because it looks like the brittle pieces of plastic found in some versions of hoppers. Maybe it's not brittle, but they don't do anything to let you know otherwise.

Well in the videos that going_home put up the dude shoots one with a 12gauge and it didnt break or crack. None of the bb's even went through

i hope it can resist bird flu

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform
    i hope it can resist bird flu
    Sure can! It can also baby sit your kids, perform CPR and even has a virtual dog whistle.

But can it feed paintballs??

Meh but it has an app that can tell if your family members are birds!

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    The things that impressed me in the videos I posted was the hopper being submurged under water and still running and being shot by a shotgun. It was nice seeing a hopper take an impact like that and not crack or break. I am sure if it was a halo there would be cracks all in it. I will agree, every single thing else in the video was pathetic. I would of loved to of seen my dalmation tear into the hopper though, now that would of been a good test.
    Yeah.. now you mention it. I forgot just how often I've been playing underwater while being peppered with shotgun pellets. Or been mobbed by bacon frenzied dogs and chickens on the field, and thought to myself... I really wish I could find a hopper that could handle this
    Last edited by GEE TEE; 08-31-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Exclamation

Dont know why but I decided I had to have one of these star trek hoppers.

I must say, the Rotor sounds like a whirling dervish when it runs out of paint and thats quite annoying.

This doesnt do that.

I'll post some thoughts next month after I use it for a couple days play.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Dont know why but I decided I had to have one of these star trek hoppers.

I must say, the Rotor sounds like a whirling dervish when it runs out of paint and thats quite annoying.

This doesnt do that.

I'll post some thoughts next month after I use it for a couple days play.

I think you will like it.