Thread: Have you seen this b4?

Have you seen this b4?

This is crazzy! have you seen this b4? what are the advantages of having a pneumatic mag? ( i found these at some customs site)

You can buy that mod from punisher, the thing is a friggen cocker-mag...cocker/mag abiblities, mag reliablily, cocker pneus...

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

its a automocker?
    Ocean Green Class Ir3 Angel
    -----------------------------------
    Previous Markers
    -AGD Emag w/ Warp
    -AGD/Smart Parts Smart Mag
    -Doo Doo Brown Dark Angel
    -----------------------------------

no...it's an autocag...

It's an autoautocockomag

Or wait is it..........I dunno, really messed up

That makes me want it even more
    bandit5@adelphia.net
    My Trading Feedback
    "Maine, is that even a state anymore? Never hear anything about it"
    -govnamac
    "Personally all I want is a stripper and a corn dog"
    RevBrown

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped

it is expensive that's what it is.

the person that has this gun, simply had the money and wanted something different. a cocker trigger on a Mag is surely that.

It doesn't really do much for the 'mag except make the trigger feel less crisp and a bit lighter.

However.... If you replace the 4 way up front with a tiny solenoid driven 4 way and operate that with a microswitch on the trigger.... Then you have the fast shooting electropneumatic 'mag prototype that Pro Team Products built a few years ago (I think it was '97 or '98 when I first saw it).

See you on the field,
    -Bill Mills

Computer / Paintball geek
    Technical Editor, World And Regional Paintball Information Guide - http://www.WARPIG.com
    Producer, Paintball Television - http://www.PigTV.net
    Paintball, Motocross trail riding, SCUBA, climbing, surfing, R/C aircraft, fun stuff...

No Bill, I'll see you on the field
    me

"You can only hide your lack of game with your Rate of Fire for so long." - RobAGD

The owner of it calls it a "Pnue-mag"

Cool Some interesting speculation here

It's still a Mag, no doubts there.
    The whole deal with the pneumatic trigger set-up was born from a conversation had about the Emag when it first came out and it's processes.
    It doesn't really do much for the 'mag except make the trigger feel less crisp and a bit lighter.
    To Bill specifically, the trigger pull is about 2mm with the now standard Shocktech 4-way, and yes.......it's butter smooth. Essentially you have electro-gun performance without the battery. Besides.....how the heck do YOU know what it does for the 'gun? Have you shot it?

This unit was built with parts on hand as a prototype, as such has a bit of that look to it.
    The ones (4) presently on the bench now are/will be much smoother looking to go with the performance.
    On the list as of right now:
    A much smaller LP reg: allows the option of side mounting adjacent to the valve.
    The option of rear mounting the 4-way, similar to a Sov, relieving the visual wieght at the front of the marker.
    Any number of pivot frames desighned to work on A WGP 'gun.

And yes, there's even an Alternative E-mag on the bench using a similar system and a Solenoid valve!
    Punisher's Customs
    "Because the Dead-Box is a lonely place"

I want one! How much does the conversion cost? What is the wait on one of these?
    What has your elf done for you lately?
    ---
    Hyper-mini-retro-warp mag w/: Proconnect : DZII : PE 88ci 3k : Full 14in Freak : 12 volt revy : Various parts painted metallic blue
    ---

yes tell us

Yes, please tell us the cost of one of those conversions.

z-zero
    This is an AGD forum, show some respect.

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    I dont think that he will post prices on the forum which constitutes spam, However if you E-mail him im sure hed be glad to quote you-

But do a search he may have posted about prices before
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

I'll post prices if it's cool with the powers that be, but in reality I'm more comfortable chatting via E-mail.
    Drop me a line and I'll be happy to work up a quote for you.

2mm you say? wow. Trigger gaurd or not, if you were to drop it, the shock itself would set it off... im suprised more poeple dont have these.

.... I guess don't drop it?
    Seriously, it'd take a hair more than that to fire it...The picot frames are well enough sprung that it's not an issue.
    and besides........why would you drop your gun?

Re: Some interesting speculation here

Punisher, first, upon re-reading my previous post, it reads even to me, as if I was ripping on your work. That's not how I meant it to sound, and for that I appologize.

Originally posted by Punisher
    To Bill specifically, the trigger pull is about 2mm with the now standard Shocktech 4-way, and yes.......it's butter smooth. Essentially you have electro-gun performance without the battery. Besides.....how the heck do YOU know what it does for the 'gun? Have you shot it?
    While I haven't shot that trigger, I have shot one that was extremely close, structurally, so I suspect I have a pretty good concept of how it will feel. :-)
    The key difference in feel is that with a sliding spool valve linked to the trigger, instead of the sear, there is no difinitive release point in the trigger pull.

The way the 4 way and a return spring responds vs. the way the definitive click of an electrical switch (and the shorter than 2mm pull that becomes possible) is a bit different. Having also fired a 'mag with an electronic switch on the trigger driving a similar pneumatics set up, I can say I find that to have a nicer feel that is easier to shoot fast.

This is a concept that was considered for production by ProTeam for some time, but abandoned because it was more complex than the solenoid direct to sear that AGD was planning to release. For custom paintguns though, complexity isn't nearly the problem that it is for production paintguns.

Take a look at the low pressure regulator on the Rainmaker. A lot of Rainmaker owners get excited about ditching it in favor of a Rock to be "custom" but it actually works quite well, and is about 1/3 the size of a micro-rock. It's non adjustable, so for your pneumatics only version, it wouldn't be ideal (with gas pressure affecting friction in the 4 way) but for an electro version, it could be quite nice, and easy to mount by milling a flat on the top front of a gas-thru foregrip.

See you on the field,
    -Bill Mills