Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tom Kaye Retires from Paintball, AGD Under New Management

Thumbs up

Good luck TK, we'll never forget the contributions to made to this sport.

God Speed Tom
    Legion of Doom - if you think you're sneaking up on me, you just got tagged by my wingman

You have to understand how hard it is to come back as an unknown. You all know me but in a couple months I will be invisible to 99% of the paintball world. Thats just the way it is.

AGD
    Well, its been a few YEARS.

just figured id point out that you are STILL the #1 "mythbuster" of paintball. And while you may not have your name on every fourteen year olds jersey, your name is still a legend among those who actually know about paintball guns. I dont know the industry tom, im ignorant of all the people that put their blood into paintball. But i know your name.

And i dont even own an automag like the rest of your junkies

Obviosly this is one little myth that hasnt come true. and i expect wont for another two generations of paintball technology (we are still in the second generation, meaning you may very well die before you cease being relevent).

Lata

You'll never be forgotten. Ever. As long as this sport is alive, your name will be alive with it. Good luck wherever life takes you

Okay you have been retired long enough! Come back and get to work!

I second the motion, now all we need is a 2/3 majority vote right?!?
    stay proud, Stay mechanical!

And my feed back is at: https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1771790#post1771790

I cant understand how Tom is not having paintball withdrawls, Im sure I read somewhere that he sold all his paintball markers. That cant be true how do you sell something you invented.

I can still imagine I bet he shaved his moustache off as a discuise for travelling. If your ever in SA look me up, Cause Id kill ta meet ya!

I havent been on here much in the last year or two, but I always try to stop in and read some deep blue, or technical posts. As an ex-sponsored player of yours tom(Team Rave, The World Paintball Federation, the "alvis family" I was all part of the mentioned) I'd like to thank you for all your help in the past. allowing us to see the prototype Xmag and not to mention some of the first Emags Its hard to see you leave, but the "real" players will always remember who you are, and what you contributed to the sport. I wish you good luck in your new life.

-Matt Crawford
    Ex. Team Rave Player

thats like the equivalent to cci going out.
    this sucks
    mannn the only time i got to meet you was at dday like 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by bentothejam1n
    thats like the equivalent to cci going out.
    this sucks
    mannn the only time i got to meet you was at dday like 3 years ago
    CCI Isnt going out. Mike is as busy as ever. If you ordered a gun from him right now, it could take up to 6 weeks to get to you.

yea i know
    i'm jsut saying IF cci went out
    I would know about the wait period considering I have a phantom

ghetto camo and..

and yes i know i need to get rid of the birght orange barrel plug
    and for those of you who were wondering i got the 3.5 for like 10$

Tom, I'm a couple of years late, but thanks for your support, and your genius as a designer.

My 10 year old son will soon be using my Automag, which was one of the first ever made.

When I bought it, it wasn't even a direct feed barrel, and was operating at a high psi, and had a forked barrel!

I'm pretty sure I had the second one in Florida, behind Ed Head of the Jax Warriors.

I can remember you coming to Florida, and doing a demo of the gun for my team, Welter Skelter, which evolved into Team Sasquatch.

Good luck in your new endevours, Tom, if you are still watching.

Jack

Ya, I'm a little late, too. ^

I'm relatively new to this to this community (well, very new actually). I've been playing for almost 9 years, and bought my first Automag about 6 years ago. Ever since it's been this kind of chick-flick worthy love relationship. I sold my first 'mag for a 'cocker, then sold the 'cocker for another 'mag, then a mag for bushy, then bushy for a (I can't remember!), and so on. But anywho, I just sold my mag to build a 'cocker that meets my personal expectations, and really, I want my 'mag back. There's just something so perfect about them that keeps bringing me back to them. I seriously prefer an old Lvl.7 foamied, single triggered, classic valved, left standard fed, VL revolutioned Automag over an Angel, or an E-Bladed 'cocker, or anything for that matter because I know it's quality. That's something many companies in this industry forget about: quality. That's also something you have perfected over the years, and I will defend that statement 'till the day I die.

Although we've never met, and I hope we eventually do, you have affected me in so many ways. I want to thank you for building this Godsend of a marker (warpfeed included), this company, and most importantly, this community. Although I haven't been part of it long, I am truly thankful of it. Thank you so much for your time, money, and time away from other more important investments (especially your family), Kaye.

Thank you, and goodluck with all of your further investments and adventure, whatever they may be.

-Brandon (Lenny) Burdette
    Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

Hey Tom I am one of the unlucky millions never to have met you but I do know your work I own and love my automag and am working on it as we speak nothing is wrong with it but like you I can't just leave good enough alone lol. Thanks for all you have done for the sport and the community it has been a pleasure I and the rest of the paintball world wish you all the best.

Kyle
    mag junkie

Tom hey never met you and never heard of mags till recently. I have heard nothing but good stuff about mags. So I will soon be getting one. Thank you tom for founding one of the greatest paintball companies ever.

Yes and for founding the company that will set the standard for paintball for years to come.

It's time for paintball

Tom,

Thank you for your contributions to the world of paintball.

You may have retired but that shouldn't keep you from playing.

It's 2007.......time to dust off your Sydarms! Lock and load!

I heard that! Where would paintball be without TK? I hope that your enjoying yourself Tom.
    I can't feel my toes . . .

Wow, I stopped playing in the summer of 2004 and will resume playing again this spring if not before---but wow, I missed this. For all this time, I thought Tom Kaye was still in charge. Suffice it to say that this is a very late 'good-bye'--I still want to say it to a man that has meant so much to the sport. You have dramatically impacted my trust and loyalty to a paintball company. I still have the same Automag I've owned since I was an 11th grade high school student (I am currently a senior in Graduate school). I've only added to my AGD collection of paintball markers--an RT Pro ULE custom and now an E-MAG that will be here shortly. I really appreciate everything you did for the sport and would like to thank you for the loyalty you instilled in me. It's a shame that you had to leave, but I know that loyal customers like myself will keep this company going. Good luck with all your new adventures!
    Best regards,
    Aaron
    LvL 10 E-MAG:::::::: Check It Ref!
    Team KINIPTION FIT

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    You have to understand how hard it is to come back as an unknown. You all know me but in a couple months I will be invisible to 99% of the paintball world. Thats just the way it is.

AGD
    I know I'm late on this, but maybe it will assist in making a point. I'm just now getting into the mag scene, having been in paintball for over 7 years, but you can rest assured I knew who Tom Kaye was before my recent interest spawned. In the world of paintball, the entire generation that grew up knowing Tom Kaye is going to have to die off before you'll be an unknown. The people at AO may know you well, but the rest of the paintball realm has undoubtedly felt your wake. From the WGP forums on PBR, to barrel reviews, to all the research you've done in and for the industry, you've left a mark in every facet of paintball that won't be washed off just because you're no longer the president.

If you show up at a field, people may not know your face, but if they're serious about paintball, they'll know your name.

Don't be a stranger; to us you never will.

Its 2009, and Tom, we still remember. As long as mags still function you will be remembered, revered, and loved by all of us. AND MAGS LAST FOREVER!

I am so upset, I wasn't into paintball when this was posted. My first marker was a classic, I still have it.. All I own is AGD markers, and Tom kaye is Literally my hero.. I started out in this sport only 4 years ago, as a noob who didn't know much. I had a buddy who's been playing for 15ish years. When I first started out, he told me "Get an Automag, Tom Kaye is the smartest man in paintball". So I did. After a while I got right into Paintball, and started buying other markers, I've tryed them all, Tippmann, Spyder, Tiberius, Cockers, Bob longs, Ego's etc.. Nothing shoots like an automag.. I've sold all my other markers and now only own AGD..

What upsets me the most, is that Tom is honestly my Hero. I do not like famous people generally and TV pisses me off, But Tom is everything that I idolize. I have so many of his markers, I want so bad to send him one (or atleast a triggerframe from one) and get it signed. But it looks as if that's not possible.. Does he even play anymore, I would fly down where ever when ever just to shake his hand and get an autograph, is this even possible anymore?

The last mag I built, I named "Tom Kaye's mustache" and it rocks..

So I guess other than sniveling and whining about how I didn't get into the sport till it was to late, or how I idolize Tom. The point of this post is to see, how, if it is at all possible, Do I get an autograph from Tom? Could I just Ship him said marker or trigger frame? Could I still play a game with him? What's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Tym
    how, if it is at all possible, Do I get an autograph from Tom?
    You can get an authentic TK autographed photo from Big Evil's for sale thread below and at the same time help out a great charity by buying one.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243409

Quote Originally Posted by PumpMag
    You can get an authentic TK autographed photo from Big Evil's for sale thread below and at the same time help out a great charity by buying one.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243409
    Yeah, I'll get one or two. But I still want to get him to sign my intellaframe under the grips..
    And If I could shake his hand I would be even more happy

I am so upset, I wasn't into paintball when this was posted. My first marker was a classic, I still have it.. All I own is AGD markers, and Tom kaye is Literally my hero.. I started out in this sport only 4 years ago, as a noob who didn't know much. I had a buddy who's been playing for 15ish years. When I first started out, he told me "Get an Automag, Tom Kaye is the smartest man in paintball". So I did. After a while I got right into Paintball, and started buying other markers, I've tryed them all, Tippmann, Spyder, Tiberius, Cockers, Bob longs, Ego's etc.. Nothing shoots like an automag.. I've sold all my other markers and now only own AGD..

What upsets me the most, is that Tom is honestly my Hero. I do not like famous people generally and TV pisses me off, But Tom is everything that I idolize. I have so many of his markers, I want so bad to send him one (or atleast a triggerframe from one) and get it signed. But it looks as if that's not possible.. Does he even play anymore, I would fly down where ever when ever just to shake his hand and get an autograph, is this even possible anymore?

The last mag I built, I named "Tom Kaye's mustache" and it rocks..

So I guess other than sniveling and whining about how I didn't get into the sport till it was to late, or how I idolize Tom. The point of this post is to see, how, if it is at all possible, Do I get an autograph from Tom? Could I just Ship him said marker or trigger frame? Could I still play a game with him? What's the deal?

The best shot you or any of us have at playing with him again, is to BEG him to play Living Legends at CPX next May. I think he may do that. Otherwise, no he wont ever play again, and his hand is usually sweaty and smells like diet coke.

Yeah, I'll get one or two. But I still want to get him to sign my intellaframe under the grips..
    And If I could shake his hand I would be even more happy
    Not to long ago I organized an Autograph signing with Tom here on AO, he signed like 70 autographs I had sent him took a picture of it called it the sweat shop, it was awesome! My suggestion to you is to not be shy, Tom has a website with his email go email him and tell him how you feel don't be shy, 90% chance he will sign it, he is really a great person to correspond with as far as all that fan stuff goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Automagsam
    Not to long ago I organized an Autograph signing with Tom here on AO, he signed like 70 autographs I had sent him took a picture of it called it the sweat shop, it was awesome! My suggestion to you is to not be shy, Tom has a website with his email go email him and tell him how you feel don't be shy, 90% chance he will sign it, he is really a great person to correspond with as far as all that fan stuff goes!
    Yeah, and he actually took the time to look at one of my first (and horribly drawn since it was done in a study hall period) marker designs. I can't remember exactly how it worked, but he basically told me what i expected and feared. Then i talked to him again about interviewing him for a project. He really is a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Automagsam
    Any chance of getting a link?

Quote Originally Posted by robo1
    Any chance of getting a link?
    http://www.tomkaye.com/index.shtml that's his homepage.