Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Kaye Retires from Paintball, AGD Under New Management

Hey Tom, if you care to read this...

I lost your email a while back after a few reformats... I just wanted to say something to you...

Email is EkatheKilla@hotmail.com if you care...

I still remember the first time I saw a pic. of Mr. Kaye...it was on that Level 7 video that came with my mag back in '92. I have had dealings with many markers and paintball companies since then and no marker worked better than my mag, and no company supported the "average joe" better than AGD

It did take me forever to discover the AO community but my love, support, and praise of AGD and their products has not and never will waiver.

I hope Mr. Kaye pulls a Bobby Fisher and after a couple years of seclusion reamerges with a reguvenated spirit and along with the AO army by his side takes back his thrown.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.
    who cares how your marker looks...just move fast and shoot straight

wow

I remember a time when automags and autocockers battled against each other ruthlessly. my first good gun was a 98 sto bran new and out of the box, i remember hateing mags and wanting to destroy them. then orr sold out to k2 and i was descraced. i sold my 2k3 vf last month and bought my first mag. i found out the first time i shot it what you guys where fighting for back in the old days...........
    now with my mag in my hand i will fight to redem my self and bring down the cocker mwnace where ever he/she stands..... Tom, you will be missed, comming from an ex-cocker fanatic.

I will NOT forget.

MAGS forever, cockers never,MAGS forever, cockers never,MAGS forever, cockers never,MAGS forever, cockers never,MAGS forever, cockers never,

Thanks for everything
    Time to feed the CAT

X-Mag, Warp 12v, 68/4500 flatline and if AGD made a hopper I would buy that too.

Feed Back

WoW!

Gee Tom,

I would personally like to thank you for all the inovations in this crazy pastime we do. I've believed in your innovation for a very long time...seeing the Panther prototype so very long ago and getting my Mag CF00393. I even have a left handed six pack.

I wish you success in whatever ventures you get into. I met you long ago at one of the Bay Ciity Open Tourneys here in the Bay Area....and you have always been one of the most approachable people in the industry.

Thanks for the innovations and the good times that they have brought us alll.

Michael "Koz" Quan

Quote Originally Posted by autocockertrader
    I remember a time when automags and autocockers battled against each other ruthlessly. my first good gun was a 98 sto bran new and out of the box, i remember hateing mags and wanting to destroy them. then orr sold out to k2 and i was descraced. i sold my 2k3 vf last month and bought my first mag. i found out the first time i shot it what you guys where fighting for back in the old days...........
    now with my mag in my hand i will fight to redem my self and bring down the cocker mwnace where ever he/she stands..... Tom, you will be missed, comming from an ex-cocker fanatic.

I will NOT forget.
    Welcome to AO, and the DARK SIDE! Muahahahahaha!

Mr Kaye

Thankyou for allowing me and my team to play with the best product on the market. We will never forget you, and we wish you all the best in whatever you do.

Adam Bolter

Storm Uk
    Bolter
    Storm Uk

damn... good luck tom...

Dear Mr Kaye,

It took me 14 years to play with an Automag. It is my opinion that your design is by far the best all around paintball marker in the world. You have fostered a dedicated and loving community that will always stand as a monument and tribute to your hard work, compassion and dedication. I have recentley been playing with an almost exclusively Automag team and would like to dedicate our last Big Game win "The Battle of the Bulge" at Outdoor Adventures on 12/05/04 to you and the rest of your staff. Thank you. The Airgun Design team are some of the best in the industry . Good luck in the future, and once again thank you so much.

"There are no atheists in foxholes" isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes. -James Morrow

RAMF.NET

Thumbs up Thank you.

Tom

Like so many others I am going to thank you.

I am going to thank you for the work you have done with in this community, this game this sport. The amount of work you have done in love of this can not be counted as I am sure MANY will attest.

What I think gets forgotten is the dreams that you have provided to each and every player out there.. Be it to play against you, to play with your product or what ever, you have provided so much to us that to count it all would take the of time the Earth has left.

I am old enough and been around long enough to remember the inital rivallry between AGD and Worr. I will admit that in the day I went to the dark side, but I am happy to say in the last year I found the light and have sold my cocker for a mag... I want to thank you as a person who returned me back to this sport. I had slipped away for some time but when looking at coming back there was only one marker I wanted in my gear bag, and that was the MAG.

I never got the chance to meet you Tom, I hope maybe one day I can buy you a drink but until that day, like all others - THANK YOU! Its all I have

Jason Silver
    Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta Canada

Jason - Captain of Team VEXED - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Team Sponsor - Pioneer Chrysler Jeep in Wetaskiwin
    Position: Back Player
    Minimag
    J&J 14" Ceramic Barrel Or Freak Kit with JT Boom Box Case
    Level 10 Anit-chop bolt & Level 7 Valve
    Red Gas Through Grip
    Rogue 15* ASA
    Rogue Snatch Grip
    Marksman Dropforward/Shoulder stock
    134/3000 AIR!!! LOOK OUT, Enough to SHOOT A CASE! LOL!

Maybe Not so Soon, But coming! :
    ULE body or Custom Scorpion Body

One other note; all of you that missed out on the oring talk...well, too bad. One thing I'll remember is that IAO, with you going round and round about those damned orings....
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

i would also like to say thank you for making a gun that i am proud to own. no other gun has ever made me happy to be using it except for the gun you made, so thank you tom and good luck.

Tom,

you said you were going to try to keep AO going by selling banner ads.

Please send your rates to steve@vengeancepaintballdistributors.com - if I can step up to the cost, I'd like to help get it going.
    VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

We just got the news over at WilliamShatner.com. Wow. I'm speechless. But I'm very thankful you'll still be doing Celebrity Paintball...it wouldn't be the same without you...well...unless you hand us our butts again...
    "Do Not Trifle With Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Go Well With Brie"

I saw this posted on a local board and the way it was worded I thought Tom had died ....from reading some of these post you would think he did. We all have a time when we have to do for ourselves and if that is what Tom needs to do then I support him 100%, but I am a little disapointed we won't get you to the next AONE event. Well enjoy your retirement and have fun, remember Midcoast Maine in the summer is great for vacationing (I might even buy you breakfast! ) I know I don't have to say anything sappy like never forget us or something because I have a feeling you won't.

Have a beer and a Lap dance on me,
    Steve "Wheelman" Lane

P.S. I can honestly say that the olny gun I have ever owned and am still kicking myself for selling is my Mag.

Thank You
    bandit5@adelphia.net
    My Trading Feedback
    "Maine, is that even a state anymore? Never hear anything about it"
    -govnamac
    "Personally all I want is a stripper and a corn dog"
    RevBrown

Wow

I can't say anything that hasn't been already said. I really don't think I would be playing ball today if I did not have an automag in my hands in 92 and won the first tourney ever held in Brantwood WI at S&E Paintball. It will definately feel different when I pick up my old mag and give her a day out this sprind. Thanks for what you did man and
    www.paintballmolly.com
    email jake82399@yahoo.com for sales inquiries
    Sponsor of Molly's Boys 1 and Molly's Boys 2
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147794
    Feedback

that smily expreses my feelings exactly. tom i can understand and respect your wishes in your decission. however i'm incredibly sadden to see you leave the great sport of paintball. like lots of people have mentioned, your contributions to the sport are priceless and paintball just wouldn't be where it is without them. i really hope to catch you somewhere just to have a little talk.

i really hope you can make it again to our little town here in dalton ga, even if just to hang out.

best of wishes in anything and everything that may come your way.

AZZKIKR

Federico Nietzsche
    mess with the best, DIE like the rest.
    when it absolutely, positively has to shoot well everytime
    http://www.theangelguy.com

Much as others have said, I'm not surprised by this. Sad yes, but not surprised. Tom has way too much character and heart to stay in an industry full of corruption and politics.

On a different note, I can see in the near future things going two ways. If we don't stand strong and carry on the tradition that Tom has built here on AO, things are going to continue to get worse around here. If not, AO will become simply another PBN.

I’m so sick of listening to all the complaining about how bad things have become and about how great things where back in AO’s glory days. There is a very strong core group of people that have become practically family. And to us, this is much like a death in the family. So what does a family have to do when there is a death, you pull together and carry on.
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

I too would like to add my HOLY !

Tom you are, and always will be THE MAN! It's been a great honor to know you, use your products/innovations, and play along side you. You will be missed no matter what you think.

I hope you plan on making a trip to Canada for the first true AO Canada meet in Sept 05!!!

I fthis hasn't been said, let me be the first to say it, WELCOME TO DAVE ZUPAN!! I'm looking forward to dealing with you in the future. BTW Hows the leg I could post pics, but I don't think people need to see pics of you with your pants down this early in your ownership

Paintball is truly loosing a man of vision.

It's more than a little disheartening to hear this, although not a huge surprise. I can't even imagine the things our community will NEVER see with you retiring.

Where do WE go now.....

Good luck..

Maybe you could sub-contract for R&D....
    Last edited by luke; 12-09-2004 at 09:29 AM.

you will be missed indeed...
    The Arsenal:
    -Xmag (Pewter) Sold!
    -EmaX (Black) - Xvalve, ULE, Logic Trigger, 3.2 Software (PARTING OUT)
    -ULE Mag (Nickel) - Xvalve, ULT, IntelliFrame, Omega Rail, ULE
    -ULE Mag (Black) - Xvalve, ULT, IntelliFrame, Omega Rail, ULE (Waiting for the Deadly Wind)
    -Minimag - stock
    -ICD BKO Sold!!!

References:
    Click Here

Check out this site:
    Paintball Fuzion

from to to

'nough said!
    E-Tac / 2004 Rogue Strangler Feedneck matte black / Boomstick

Urban Camo Phantom stockclass/rightfeed

Member Team Les Patriotes
    Centre Recreatif Les Patriotes

Paintball will never be the same without you.

To Tom Kaye a true pioneer in paintball with a vision no one else had.

You will be missed and good luck in the new business ventures.

Marcin Pawelski

P.S. Please show up at Oklahoma D-Day
    Marcin P. "Ya gotta dig the Polish!" ~ Army
    Gold Karta E-mag X-valved
    68 Classic Lvl-10

AO Feedback

Vaya con Dios...

Mr. Kaye,<br /><br />Thank you for showing this industry what innovation means. Your markers are individual works of what can only be described as genius. The AGD Automag is, and will remain, the weapon of choice for the truly discriminating player.<br /><br />Take care, and enjoy a well-deserved break.

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."
    --Napoleon Bonaparte

RAMF.net

25. I wanted to let all of you know that I will also be leaving Airgun Designs; my last day will be Friday, December 17. I began working for Tom in March 1991 so it's going to be strange not to come to work at Airgun anymore. But the time has come to move on ....

I want to thank all of you for your support of Tom and Airgun Designs. You're a great group of people. I hope that you will continue your support because the group of people who will continue to work here (Dave, Marcia, Jon, and Roman) are hard-working, talented people who care very much about the company, the products, and company service. It doesn't get any better than that!

Take care,

JoAnn

Bet of Luck, Tom

Tom,

You are one of my favorite customers and people in the paintball industry. I have always respected your design genius, your friendly nature, and your openness. Between the rocketry, manufacturing, dinosaur bones hunting, assembly-line engineering, telescope robotics, etc... I am sure there will always be things that you can do to challenge yourself, have fun, create community, and be prosperous. You are a true renaissance man.

Today's paintball industry is but a shadow the small close-knit cottage industry it once was. Google's CEOs have a saying: "don't be evil". I think that has always been AGD's mantra as well, as there are definitely some evil companies in this industry. Unfortunately, this industry has become another manufacturing industry that has moved operations overseas, and the larger conglomerates with in-house legal teams have legislated innovation out of the sport. Tom, you have always been a bit of fresh air in that regard, because you have not compromised your integrity. I solute you for that. I agree with your statement that players should vote with their wallets to improve the industry.

This news is less about AGD and much more about Tom Kaye, the man. I am sure you know that you will always have lifelong friends due to your efforts in this industry. That says less about your inventions, and more about you personally. It has been a pleasure to work with you on your web site, your web store, and your forums. I still remember the day we helped you launch AO and setup the servers, like it was yesterday. If I can ever do anything for you, I am a phone call away.

Best of Luck and Happy Holidays to you, and the whole AGD staff.

John McKown, President
    Delaware.Net, Inc
    (we host AO, the AGD store, and Airgun.com)
    Last edited by JLove; 12-09-2004 at 11:12 AM.
    JLove

It looks like paintball has just lost another classy player.
    Good luck.
    The black night will always triumph...

I'll just join the crowd saying Thank you Tom for everything you've done for paintball and paintballers. It's sad to see you leave. Good luck in your new projects!

Good luck also JoAnn with where ever your life will take you next.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD-BossLady
    I wanted to let all of you know that I will also be leaving Airgun Designs; my last day will be Friday, December 17. I began working for Tom in March 1991 so it's going to be strange not to come to work at Airgun anymore. But the time has come to move on ....

I want to thank all of you for your support of Tom and Airgun Designs. You're a great group of people. I hope that you will continue your support because the group of people who will continue to work here (Dave, Marcia, Jon, and Roman) are hard-working, talented people who care very much about the company, the products, and company service. It doesn't get any better than that!

Take care,

JoAnn
    I called in once to check if my things ewre in-stock to order, they were and you were so nice about it, was all excited to be able to order my gun...

You may be leaving, but you will not have left.