Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Deadlywind hAir trigger update

I called PTP this last summer to see if there was any Micro Emags left. They said, " to check back in '05 for a revised version". I guess they really have something going. Sorry to here the hAir isn't coming out anytime soon. Alot of people really wanted to have it.

You said its a financial issue...couldnt you have all the people who want them, pay for them...then make them, and ship them off...and hopfully you are making profit (lets hope you make profit off this invention). Start producing and advertising. Sound good ?

Well...im sad now...so

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden
    It's the same people who want[ed] paintball to get big and popular and on TV that are now complaining of the side effects, namely, the fact that the paintball business got big and big business followed.

Can't have it both ways. Shut up and play, or have a hissy fit and don't play. Can't have it both ways."
    Never wanted it both ways, but the cool thing about America is I can gripe about it AND still play. In this land, you CAN have it both ways!

My point is that good small companies that put good stuff together almost always loose to larger less talented companies. Look at the pre-bust computer/dot.com companies. The big crappy ones buy, intimidate or "borrow" from the smaller more talented companies. It is the way of the world.

I just think it sucks that it all worked out this way, but it does free them up to put money into something else cool!

yeah that would be nice to know how much money do we have to raise to make it posible if it si posible for the hair to come out

Hang tough nicad. It takes a bit of time to get patent okayed. Maybe yours is different enough to get its own stand alone patent.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Squid=-
    Who the hell buys from them anyways? They don't make a single cool product.
    Some people like Micromags, I myself own one. Seems they cant even get that right since they stoped selling them...

-=Squid=- Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DiSoRdeR
    Some people like Micromags, I myself own one. Seems they cant even get that right since they stoped selling them...
    Ya, the guns they had were cool in like.... 99?

- Goro

Quote Originally Posted by nicad
    No, our patent was not denied.. (amazing how speculation is so easily stated as fact).
    It is still going forward. It has been filed, in the system, and all that good stuff.

The decision is based compleatly on the financial/resources aspect.

Intresting,
    considering that I am sure the trigger could be retro fitted to other sear tippers. You think you will have more time to play? We are going to Katy paintball on saturday. PM me if you want to come.

gt

stupid swear filter. Was really looking forward to this. Guess I'm putting the mag on the back burner now.
    "[T]he evidence also strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam could have invented what is claimed."

-United States District Court judge G.M. King,
    on Smart Parts' patent claim, August 23rd, 2004, page 16.

AO feedback

ebay feedback

Man!!!!,.........!@&k !!!!!!

A shame you had to call it quits on the project. Actually, I'm sad to hear it - the news just ruined my week. I was so looking forward to something like this becoming a revolutionary product and bringing mechanical markers back into style.

In related news, anyone want to buy a dallara 'mag? She's reached her limit now as far as upgrading goes - since I can't spend money on her I think I'mma have to buy a 'cocker to endlessly swap parts on.

To Boski: The Hair-type trigger will be as much to blame for the corperate upsizing of paintball as the electronic gun. These devices enable new players to appear to play well beyond thier capabilities. You can stop some of this by not participating. Do what I do. Go buy a nice high-end pump, CCM, CCI, Carter, PPS, whatever, and keep YOUR GAME tight.
    I see you are in SAC. Look for a Pump-day, and pure pump series starting at Combat-Zone.
    Brent.
    I don't practice anymore: I'm just good in a natural, vicious sort of way.

Will you please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyeballs?

...or you could say that the upsizing of the industry - through acquisition, licensing and purchasing allows the small guys to do things they otherwise could not afford.
    VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

Wc Keep Guest
    well its a shame that this happened. but at least now one of the two triggers will be released. and ptp does make good stuff, but how many people are actually going to now give it a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by hitech
    No, not really. Other than the color commentary, isn't that what is happening?
    Agreed!

CPPA Member #1875

Quote Originally Posted by Wc Keep
    well its a shame that this happened. but at least now one of the two triggers will be released. and ptp does make good stuff, but how many people are actually going to now give it a chance?
    I think that's up to PTP. As long as the product they release is good quality. and they stand behind it, I'd imagine there would be plenty of people willing to give it a chance. Myself included.
    There are some companies who have done things that a lot of the paintball community finds distasteful & dishonest and yet their sales have been unaffected by their actions.
    While many people here on AO are dissapointed with what's happened between DW and PTP, I don't think anyone can logically accuse PTP of doing anything wrong here, so I can't imagine this having any negative repercussions for them... as long as it's a quality product.
    Eric Cartman

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    I think that's up to PTP. As long as the product they release is good quality. and they stand behind it, I'd imagine there would be plenty of people willing to give it a chance. Myself included.
    There are some companies who have done things that a lot of the paintball community finds distasteful & dishonest and yet their sales have been unaffected by their actions.
    While many people here on AO are dissapointed with what's happened between DW and PTP, I don't think anyone can logically accuse PTP of doing anything wrong here, so I can't imagine this having any negative repercussions for them... as long as it's a quality product.
    I don't think that they even said it was coming out for the 'Mag. I heard it was for a 'Cocker. We'll just have to wait and see......

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
    I don't think that they even said it was coming out for the 'Mag. I heard it was for a 'Cocker. We'll just have to wait and see......
    Yeah they said they were concentrating on the cocker version first with a mag version to follow (who knows when though). I'll try to find the quote later.

About three quarters of the way down the page:
    http://www.air-powered.com/index.php...&t=21526&st=30

"Pretty soon video of the mag version and the blowback semi-auto version will be made available (and man, that thing rocks like you literally wouldn't believe!!!)
    "
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 12-30-2004 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel break
    aaaaaawwww
    This was gonna be my reason to save for a mag.
    well, good luck on the other projects!
    Duh, you can get the PTP one when released!
    [Something Cool is Here]

Land of the silent mag majority Spokane Washington.

No Fear

I have spoke with PTP specifically about the trigger for the mag & it is coming out in fact you will be able to buy it separate or get a micro with it on. The cocker will be first due to the fact that it was the first marker that they had tried it on. I started a thread a while back about it .
    AGD CCI

Land of the silent mag majority Spokane Washington.

does anyone know if the PTP hAir is going to used in an intell(or look alike frame) like DW's was?
    aim-sok845

Quote Originally Posted by M-a-s-sDriver
    To Boski: The Hair-type trigger will be as much to blame for the corperate upsizing of paintball as the electronic gun. These devices enable new players to appear to play well beyond thier capabilities. You can stop some of this by not participating. Do what I do. Go buy a nice high-end pump, CCM, CCI, Carter, PPS, whatever, and keep YOUR GAME tight.
    I see you are in SAC. Look for a Pump-day, and pure pump series starting at Combat-Zone.
    Brent.
    I am not as anti growth as the post states, I was just trying to bring up an obvious point about the direction of our game. To me it is just a game-and I love it that way!

You are so right about the pumps! That is exactly were I am going with my game. In fact that is why I sold off my electro cocker, Angel and Matrix-to get away from the spray and pray way of playing and bought a mech Mag. I am looking at getting a pump as we speak and once I get it, I'll be at the next Pump day!

that sucks, could i like buy it from ptp then send it to you dw guys so you can make it better cause ptp puts out crap stuff

This really is kinda sad, but now thats its official, we might as well hound PTP so we get SOMETHING out of this. If they lock down Colin and then take forever to get their frame released for the mag, then we, the customers, are getting screwed.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...51#post1740851

so nicad, can you say - is PTP wanting some kind of fee? If so, how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Thordic
    If they lock down Colin and then take forever to get their frame released for the mag, then we, the customers, are getting screwed.

I dont understand the hate? How are the consumers getting screwed? My emag seems to work just fine given recent "changes" in the industry. Heck if you really want to rip faces order a Devil. What better way to support our AO dealership than buy a gun built, tested, and tuned by AO kulties.

well...why would you want a electro gun when you can have a mech gun that shoots as light as a elec? Plus...i would rather pay `250 than `500

sad very sad... I guess we can mark this up to another case of suppressed advancement of technology due to more corprate micromanagement of the legal system.

farewell for now hAir frame, while your in the closet of supressed technology say hi to the 100 MPG car, h2o powered engine and cold fusion. When did paintball become more about the lawyers and start looking more like the oil industy?

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

Quote Originally Posted by krusty
    I have spoke with PTP specifically about the trigger for the mag & it is coming out in fact you will be able to buy it separate or get a micro with it on.
    Looks like I will be buying another Micromag. Thought they discontinued them though, I have always loved Micros, do you know if there will be a new version of it?