Thread: spydermag help

spydermag help

i want to make my mag electro and the spydermag seems like a good option for me. im working on geting an esp frame but i need some one to mod my sear.[btw do you think its better to "flip the noid"?] i want to put a tboard in it also so i can max out my clasic valve. any help is awsome. thanx in advance.

Do not under any circumstances try to flip the noid on an metal frame. It is way more trouble than it is worth and you will problably end up having to get another frame and start over. I had similar delusions of grandure about flipping the noid, but one I had the frame itself in my hand I thought better.

As far as the sear mod goes, by far the best route is the 'weld-mod'. Check out Tonybhall's Spydermag thread on the AGD forums at PBnation. He can put you together with his friend Daniel who did my sears for me for $50. (I did everything else). He mad sure the whole gun worked properly and did one hell of a job. The sear looked like it was a factory-finish when I got it back.

If you have any other question just let me know. I did plenty of research into this before I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Do not under any circumstances try to flip the noid on an metal frame. It is way more trouble than it is worth and you will problably end up having to get another frame and start over. I had similar delusions of grandure about flipping the noid, but one I had the frame itself in my hand I thought better.
    I didnt think that flipping the noid was all that much trouble, and it works great. Its not as much trouble as everyone makes it out to be. I am going to order another frame today, when I get it I will take mesurements on my old frame and post up a tutorial on how far to cut everything. This is deffintly the cheaper way to do it if you have or have access to the tools. A mill would be nice, but if you are good with a dremel type tool, I used a Rotozip, and a bench grinder then it will be a peice of cake. I only have $30 in my frame, and for $60 more I can put a t-board in it with eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    I didnt think that flipping the noid was all that much trouble, and it works great. Its not as much trouble as everyone makes it out to be. I am going to order another frame today, when I get it I will take mesurements on my old frame and post up a tutorial on how far to cut everything. This is deffintly the cheaper way to do it if you have or have access to the tools. A mill would be nice, but if you are good with a dremel type tool, I used a Rotozip, and a bench grinder then it will be a peice of cake. I only have $30 in my frame, and for $60 more I can put a t-board in it with eyes.
    That is great I would love to see it. I figured if you flip the noid it would work much better, but thats the trick.. flipping the noid. I know ive seen some of the non-spyder plastic frames with this done.. gotta get us some pics when you can.

Actualy, you have seen it, its the piranha mag, the frame is all aluminum.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177229

Nice job, and yes I have seen that one here before. I didnt realize you used a pirahna frame... from what I can see in the pics, it looks like it would be much easier to flip the noid on that than a spyder frame. On the spyder ones, the cut out for the noid is a little different. Also, you have to grind the top of the whole frame down in order to get the sear to sit into the frame far enough for the noid plunger to strike it.

A fellow warp shooter.... I bet you get lots of weird looks when you go toting that thing around the field ......

Nice job, and yes I have seen that one here before. I didnt realize you used a pirahna frame... from what I can see in the pics, it looks like it would be much easier to flip the noid on that than a spyder frame. On the spyder ones, the cut out for the noid is a little different. Also, you have to grind the top of the whole frame down in order to get the sear to sit into the frame far enough for the noid plunger to strike it.

A fellow warp shooter.... I bet you get lots of weird looks when you go toting that thing around the field ......

Actualy that frame is alot like the spyder frames, I belive the only diffrence is the holes that hold it to the body, well mechanicly anyway. I compared it to my esp frame before I started cutting and had just as much cutting on it as i would have on the esp frame. I had to grind the piranha frame down as well. I used a bench grinder to grind the top down, i wish i would of had a sawzall or even a jig saw to cut it with, but the bench grinder did just fine. I think I could do my second one in about 4 hours now. The second frame is ordered, just waiting on the guy to ship it.

As for the warp, i do get quite a few looks, but ive decided to sell it. It is to intemidating for the younger players around here. I had a group of kids that wouldnt even talk to me, let alone play with me becuse I had that gun. It was fun while it lasted though.

Has anyone tried the rocking frame kingman????

yuppers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShocktoSanity
    Has anyone tried the rocking frame kingman????
    yep, already put a rocking trigger on my mag a month ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...uint/mag01.jpg

i reversed the noid and moved the sear back, and had to fine tune/trim some stuff to get the valve to reset right and now it works perfect.

Vids please. Look at me asking for vids, such a hypocrite lol.

i have a link of me firing it on PBF. It was the first time i got it to fire right and i had never tried to shoot a rocking trigger, and it was before i put on a ULE body, custom milled frame, adjusted the rocking trigger pull/click, and put a 12" stiffi on it.

Grant.....Just buy my spydermag that is for sale and it will save you alot of trouble .

well here it is: https://automags.org/forums/showthrea...73#post1981573
    how fast can u shoot?

AO feedback

PBN Feedback

Black 04 angel speed!!
    clear egg II
    68 4500 Angel AIR black
    soon to have dye rhino tank cover black