Thread: What is the lowest pressure a minimag can run?

What is the lowest pressure a minimag can run?

What is the lowest output pressure my minimag can run at? Thanx for the help!
    I LOVE MAGS

I'd say don't go lower than 700. Around 600 seems to work on some guns but...
    black Xtreme Emag
    LVL 10 inside, warp feed left setup
    green warp feed and green 12V Revvy with X-board (melted for warp hose)
    14" Freak kit
    Triggernomics blade trigger
    AGD flatline 4.5k 68cui with green tank cover
    green LED Display (thanks Have Blue)
    clear grips with custom sledgehammer logo (made by Load SM5)

to do list:

- Get Triggernomics custom milling
    - Get Custom Anno

You have no reason to have lower operating pressure. It does not make your gun more accurate and/or efficent.

There's a thread around here about it...but I'm not sure what it's called.

acctualy lowering opperating pressure DOES help with accuracy

it puts less distortion on the ball as its being fired, BUT it makes it LESS efficent

But for the most part accuracy comes from paint to barrel match

Cliff
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

does the AIR just regulate it to a specific pressure anyways, regardless of the amount of input pressure (down to a point)?

Mags are regulated down to 375-450 or so. Lowering the pressure will do nothing for accuracy.
    -Gig 'Em Ags!

you can't lower the operating pressure of a mag, whether mini or regular. why? because the system uses a dump chamber. so, in order to lower the operating pressure, you have to increase the volume of the dump chamber. and, since the Mag uses a regulator to control the velocity of the shot, you increase or decrease the pressure. the Mag runs about 375-400 psi.

also, operating pressure has nothing to do with accuracy. what you want to do is see what efficency you get with different pressures. if you have a gun that at say, 400psi, that gets like 1500 shots off a 68ci 3000psi tank, then you are doing great. if you say operate at 200psi and off that same tank, only get 400 shots. then what?

that is why the hype of low pressure is there. you don't lower the operating pressure to get better efficency. you go for efficency, and THAT allows you to lower the operating pressure.

I wasn't talking operation pressure of the Mag here, but output pressure of the HP System and running your HP System with say 700 PSI does give you more shots from the same size bottle than running it at 800 PSI, while the operating Pressure of the Mag internally stays exactly the same... It's this simple: if you run on 800 PSI you can shoot until the Pressure in your tank drops to 800. If you run it at 700 PSI, you can shoot until the pressure inside the tank drops to 700.

Re:

ON my cocker, if I put my flatline N2(sold it) on 600 psi, the gun would run till about 400 or so, it'd recock until about 150 or 200, then that's it, it'll go down to the same psi and still run every time, but the tank won't be outputing the pressure you started out with, the output pressure has nothing to do with much at all, in the way of number of shots, unless you get nit-pickety
    GreyGoose's Big Board of Traders

http://www.vodkaworld.net/pblist.html

Good Traders: jah871, speedballbanks, bluemag, zbody, Coffey[Nitro], Snakebite78, TRIAD, personman, Cleansweep, RogueFactor, Restola

BAD TRADERS: Level10, Speedball4life

Cliff you seem to be buying into a lot of hype...

Originally posted by Cliffio
    actualy lowering opperating pressure DOES help with accuracy
    Lowering the operating pressure in itself will not help accuracy. Taking a gun and just lowering the pressure (by upping the dwell time or something) will not make it more accurate. This is actually a very silly thing to do. All it does usually is to make the gun use more air, and thus be less efficient.

it puts less distortion on the ball as its being fired, BUT it makes it LESS efficent
    This is not true, the paintball doesn't distort noticeably when being fired. And IT DOES NOT fly like a waterballoon would. It keeps it's shape as it flys.

Low pressure will only make a gun less efficient when it is done badly/wrongly. Low pressure should not be a goal but more a result of making a gun more efficient and consistant.

But for the most part accuracy comes from paint to barrel match
    Actually the most important thing for accuracy is consistancy. This is, in my opinion, NO.1 for accuracy. Also running as close to the velocity limit as you can will make your gun seem more accurate over your 'normal' ranges. (one exception is some guns and barrel combinations do tend to give more spin and become less accurate when running higher velocities).

Many LP guns are accurate, as to shoot at a lower pressure you need to make the gun work smoother and this makes it more consistant... and thus more accurate... It's not the pressure that does this, it's the work that was done to make the gun run at the lower pressure...

manike

The A.I.R. regulator requires a head-pressure of 500psi to operate correctly and efficiently.

So, because I´m now getting a Flatline, are 500psi ok for a Mini? What is the best pressure? 500psi? 700psi? 800psi?
    CO² has 850psi ...
    Can someone answer this?
    Greets Manuel
    .:| levelx retro z-minimag |:..:| spearhead #192 |:.
    .:| ---> looking for Flatline 4.5K or AA Apokalypse 2K <--- |:.

I always used to run my mag at 700-750.

I run one of my RT's at 600-650 and the other is set up at about 800-850 IIRC.

I'm a fan of fine tuning RT triggers via the input pressure so they feel right and so you can end up with any pressure from 600-850ish depending on what feels good to you.

My RT at 600-650 feels better than the other one at 850, but that's probably because it is well used and the trigger geometry/set up is a little different to stock The 850 one is still kinda new.

manike