Thread: airgun designs website

airgun designs website

just curious if airgun UsA will be revamping their website anytime soon .. i mean airguns UK has some pretty snazzy music an all
    Sig image file size too big... MarkM

".. yes ma'am, our DSL does sux .."

I think it's annoying as heck to have music on a webpage. I wish they'd 86 it.

Slushee,
    You get my email?

MrAirgunRT Guest

Airgun UK

What is Airgun Uk's site? its probably very obvious

i'd be down if someone needs to take the lead and redesign the corporate site.

shartley Guest
    The ONLY person who needs to take a lead in redesigning the AGD Corporate Site is Tom Kaye himself. Anyone suggesting otherwise is bordering on Solicitation.. and that is not allowed.

Tom has been asked about this in the past, and he knows how people feel. He knows who does what (as it concerns AO Members) and if he wants to ask an AO Member to assist him, HE will bring it up... and more than likely by E-Mail or Phone... NOT in the open Forum.

This post is not meant to offend anyone. It IS however meant to stop a flood of solicitation, and poor form. I hope people can see that.

Thank you.

i didn't intend to solicit work, i just haven't been around are long as some of you folks, and thought it appropriate to toss in my two cents, because tom k doesn't know what i do.

shartley Guest
    synreal
    Actually, your intent is pretty much not the issue, if indeed you were not soliciting for work... your actual post was. And if you read it again, it clearly IS solicitation. And even if it was aimed only to introduce yourself (which when reading it, it clearly is not an introduction post), it would have been considered solicitation as well.

You can not introduce yourself to someone who might need services you may offer in the context of others saying they need the work, and NOT consider it solicitation. It clearly is. Why else then would it matter what you did? You did not offer your .02, as in what you thought of the site, but that you would be willing to take the lead... in essence redesign his site for him.

This however is normally done with a standard letter of introduction, and a proposal presented. And it is not done on an open forum. This was just wrong. I am not upset about it, but did feel the need to point this out.

Tossing in your .02 is quite a bit different than what you posted.... no .02 was actually given, only an offer to do the work.... solicitation.

I hope you can see this, and understand my point.

i apologize if i was misunderstood, but i assure that my intentions were pure.

it is a common practice in my profession to redesign existing sites with no intent of proposing that the original is altered, it allows graphic designers a chance to play with alternate approaches and views to a project.

if my help is not wanted now or at a later date, so be it, however i don't believe that it is appropriate to attack/badger/berate/... someone, simply for offering assistance.

if my post went something more like "dear AGD your site needs work, change it" or "hey, i'll redesign your site for an emag" that would be a different story entirely. i did neither, and whether you intended to or not, your tone came off as very aggressive and inflammatory. i will, for the time being, trust this is not the case.

Shartley, with all due respect; please lighten up on the Tom Kaye personal body guard thing. It just appears to most everybody as an innocent post. After all, this is just a message board, meant for entertainment. If Mr. Kaye is offended by it maybe he himself could post to the thread or e-mail the offending gentleman to cease and desist. Who knows, maybe the kid will land a job. Who cares? I understand the need to curb a flood of job applications here, but how about a friendly e-mail and a post delete, just keep things a little more...private. Seems to me this forum is loaded with people full of good intentions, and a willingness to help on all kinds of matters.
    Brent Jackson, PFB.
    I don't practice anymore: I'm just good in a natural, vicious sort of way.

Will you please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyeballs?

shartley Guest
    LOL Points taken... Go ahead and solicit all you want. No skin off my back.

I did not badger or berate anyone. I pointed out what was done. He then responded with an excuse that was not close to being valid. And now he claims that in his profession...XXXXX... come on, please don't insult me with that stuff. LOL I know better than that, and you can take THAT to the bank. You are talking about two different issues. I know full well what is standard practice for Graphic Artists and Web Designers, and solicitation is still solicitation.

And only by not reading my whole post would anyone actually think I was inflammatory... I even stated the opposite. My posting my thoughts on soliciting is a bad thing? Are we going to get into THAT type of argument again?

You see, just because someone posts something you may not agree with, does not mean that they are attacking you. It also does not mean that they are being aggressive. How is it that anyone can post what they like openly, UNLESS it is contrary to what someone else did or said? Then it should be taken off the boards into a more private setting?

I post this with a smile on my face. I am not being aggressive, or attacking anyone. But I do find it humorous that even wrong things can be swept under the table if it is done with a smile and "good intentions", but heaven forbid anyone calling things like they are and pointing it out.

LOL I am not angry. I am not being aggressive. I am only enjoying the same posting freedom you others seem to feel is fine for you. Should be fine for me too.

Please take it in its intended spirit... one of good natured contemplation.... not of a raging bull attacking anything that moves, which seems to be what some people like to think whenever I say something that might be contradictory to another member.

too lazy

Well since I have just finished my long day of IT headaches I don't want to read all the above ranting, but DANG Shartley...ease up on the guy! He only has 11 posts! I am sure he meant no disrespect.

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

shartley Guest
    LOL Enough already... LOL I get the idea... easier to get mad at the guy pointing out an issue than to deal with the actual issue......

BAD SHARTLEY! LOL

You Sir will receive the royal flogging with a wet noodle!!!

NOOOOOOOOO (In a Mr. Bill voice.)

Just don't let my kids see this (shhhhh), they may think they can do anything they want also. HeeHee Fortunately the real world works a bit different.

Is anyone still upset? LOL

Shartley do you ever get a nose bleed when you are up on your high horse?

Do we really have to be politically correct here?

Well, at least he learned not to argue with Shartley. Never tried it never will. The guy just talks your ear off so much that I can't even look through his whole post on occasions like this.