Thread: Tupac

Tupac

Now I'm a rocker. ACDC, Green Day, Jimmy, Green day, metallica, punk rock classic rock new rock you name it...

But Tupac just has some great lyrics that just amaze me. I hate rap too.

Anyoen else feel the same way? He's not really rapping about how many guys he killed and jumped to buy his new hummer. He lyrics have meaning to them.

Even if you dont like rap, just listen to his song "Changes".

?

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." -JFK

I feel ya man. I'm a long time rocker- but then i started listening to rap, too.

I love most of Tupac's stuff and now it's opened me up to more rap.. But deffaintly none of that nelly, TI, lil jon crap.
    email me at land_hurricane@hotmail.com with comments

pie sucks

I feel somewhat stupid asking this, but... can somebody please explain to me the story of Tupac? Is he dead? If so, how, when, and why did he die, and what did his life consist of up until that point? If not... how in the hell does he keep releasing albums? (There are still new Tupac albums, right?) I'm just completely baffled by this guy, and his "story," which I've never really heard.
    Calling all Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and other east coast AOers...

AO Mid-Atlantic Meet (planning stages)

Let us know what dates and locations work for you!!

Yea, I started listening to tupac and biggie first, now I listen to all types.
    Dub V

Where greatness is learned
    and couches are burned

Tupac is dead, although is death was VERY shady. There was way too many coincidences with numbers in his death. They all add up to his age buirth date adn stuff.. Too many thigns were done out of protocol. He kinda has a name change and calls himself maciavelli.. Excelpt he spells it a different way.

Makaveli. When you rearrange the letters, it spells "am alive k"

WAy shady.. Anyways he was gunned down. Shot multiple times, including a shot to the testicle (so I guess he's just one-pac now... jk <3 )

The reason he keeps releasing albums is becuase he had tons of songs prerecorded. Which is also strange.. Why would you prerecord so many songs for no reason?

Some people think he's alive. Machaivelli was a renaissance guy that came up with the idea of faking one's death to coem up with a new life.

I'm not sure when he died, but I bet the date adds up to somethign funky like his age at death or something.

Theres a website on it.. google for tupac conspiracy.

I killed him.
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

Quote Originally Posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
    I killed him.
    LOL!

but i have never listened to tupac or any kind of rap for that matter, i thought about it but then i heard that lil jon "YEAAAAHHH!" crap and i hated it since. but i will give tupac a try.
    and that guy's alive on an island out in the pacific, i guarantee it... he's out there with aaliyah havin some fun

seriousely tho, he is a rapper that i have respect for, may he rest in peace

(if he's dead!)
    "wtf is a CKY!!??!!"
    -Don Vito

Tupac is kickin' it with Elvis and Bigfoot in the Bermuda Triangle...

It is kind of funny how he had a lot of pre-recorded material. His death is unfortunate, however, anyone who lives that type of life brings the consequences upon themselves.
    He did rap about gangs and thugs and killing--about his experiences with them.
    I'm not saying that he should have died, but it shouldn't have been a shock to anyone when he did.
    Last edited by phazeshifter; 02-17-2005 at 03:10 AM.
    "Otaeri wa doko desu ka?"
    ------------
    --Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    ------------
    Think you're ready, Grasshopper?
    www.ohioshaolin.com

all the pre-recorded stuff wasnt allowed to be released for a whle because suge knight(my prime suspect for calling the hit on 2pac) wouldnt let it out.

his newest record, "loyal to the game" was produced by eminem at the request of 2pac's mom. the song "ghetto gospel" on there is my favorite 2pac song. its featuring elton john.

not to steal from 2pac, but if you want to hear some up and coming rap, try finding eyedea , abilities (eyedea's dj), aesop rock, rjd2, or atmosphere.

eyedea is featured on Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 with the song "Big shote" another good song by him is "weird side" where he actually talks about not liking to listen to rap music.
    President Of the UW-Madison Badger Ballers

AO Feedback

1 of 35 SFL Emags VV02746
    Silver Karta/Logic RT Winner:GOTM Most Bling for December VV04971
    Sydarm SY00715
    Nelspot (under restoration)

My girl is a BIG tupac fan, and if you watch that resurection movie you learn a lot about him, apperantely him and Tony Danza were boys. He got shot once before, and lived. After the 1st shooting he started recording like a madman. Hence all the new albums. Unfortunately Tupac wasnt so lucky the 2nd time he got shot. He is dead, so is Elvis, Jim Morrison and DP Cooper. I quess getting shot and losing a testicle could motivate you into doing 4 to 6 years of work in 2 years.
    3.2 e mag ULE body and rail. Oh yeah I gots the X inside!!!

The reason you probably like Tupac and not a lot of other rappers is because Tupac is a poet. He's not a rapper in the sence "I got female dogs and ho's." He's more of a down to Earth I'll sing about whats happening to me, not what people think happen to me cause I'm black. I love all of his songs and I'm not to big on rap. About the pre-recorded stuff... he spent all day every day in the studio just recording. Thats why he has so much stuff that can still be released today.
    IF I WANTED AN ANGEL AIR I WOULD GLUE A GAMEBOY TO MY FRIKIN TANK.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

thats why i like eminem's "the marshall mathers LP"

one of the best albums ever.

[21:00] < FunkTehChillinMunky > I've got a Warped Sportz Dark Talon

TUPAC'S COMIN BACK TOMORROW

At Work -AO is about as boring as my job now -7/19/05
    I know exactly what you are talking about Alpha. I was just saying the same exact thing to my friend the other day.
    Archangel kid you are right. He is a poet that uses rap to express himself.

I like some Tupac occasionally.
    Classic RT - RT02667
    Blade IntelliFrame
    Dye Ultralight

http://TheHybrid.net/

I dont usually like the gangsta rap (i like classic & new rock, and 'pop'/dance rap) but i love tupac's stuff.

hes a great freakin artist man!

yea tupac was a great raper, but there were weird things about his death. If I remember correctly they didn't allow anyone to go to the hospital where he was at before he died, also they didn't do an autopsy(sp). Alot of people thought he was faking it espically since the whole Makaveli thing, and they thought he would just come back one day. But I never bought that, if he is alive, I doubt he would ever come back. #1 he would be in big troblem because that is illegal, #2 it would all be for nothing.
    Bad Traders: Brice34, complete total fraud, lied constantly and stole 60$ for an egg

Tupac was a different from other "Gangsta Rappers" because rather than being a gangster and a thug, then rapping about it and becoming a rap star, he rapped about being a gangster and a thug, THEN lived it (i.e. he was a fake gangster rapper at first). Many people thought that was a very dangerous life to lead, and in the end they were probably right. Tupac started out as a backup dancer for Digital Underground. Some theorize that Death Row's Suge Knight, a real gangster, had him killed to keep the rights to all of his remaining albums, as Tupac had been planning to move to another label. The whole east-west, Biggie Smalls thing was just used as cover, this story says.

An interesting part of his story is that Tupac was exposed to the ideals of class/race struggle and revolution throughout his early life, because his mother was an activist with the Black Panthers.

At Work -AO is about as boring as my job now -7/19/05
    I never understood that rumor about Suge Knight having Tupac Killed. First of all when Tupac was shot, Suge was in the car with him and got shot himself. I beleive in the head too. I can think of a million better ways to kill someone than being in the car with him and having a car load of guys roll up and do a drive by.