Thread: Minimag slow recharge.

Minimag slow recharge.

Extremely slow recharge is making me mad. I shoot 2 shots then it drops off like crazy. Wait a second then its fully charged again. I oiled everything, cleaned everything. Tried with more and less air flow. Don't know whats up with it. Im using nitro and the stock valve(pre-stars). Anyone have an idea?

It could be your tank, or something jammed in your like. Clean out your reg, make sure there is no sand or other debris in there. Try changeing your reg seal as well, they can go out of tolerances and cause shootdown. Make sure that the sear moves freely. Other then that, i'm not really sure.

Cleaned her out, changed the tanks o-ring...I have the whole repair kit so I guess Ill change it all. Tank seems to be fine, I used it on my friends cocker. Ill try cleaning the whole valve, blow some compressed air or whatever in it. Thanks for the heads up, hope it works.

Lightbulb

IF YOU STILL HAVE A STOCK ON/OFF VALVE THROW IT OUT THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM THE AIR CANNONT GET THREW THE VALVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN SHOOT IT YOU NEED TO GOT TO YOUR NEAREST PAINTBALL STORE AND BUY A HIGH PERFORMANCE ON/OFF VALVE PUTTING THIS WONDER IN IS A BIT OF A TRICK BUT ITS WELL WORTH IT ONCE YOU GET IT IN YOU WONT EXPERIANCE ANY SHOOT DOWN WITH C02 OR HPA WHATEVER YOUR SHOOTING THE HIGH PERFORMANCE VALVE WILL HELP AND THERE CHEAP LIKE 30.00- 40.00 SO ITS WORTH IT
    IF YOU HAVE ONCE IN CHECK ON THE BACK OF YOUR REGULATER TO SEE IF THE HOLES ARE MATCHING UP IF THEY MATCH YOU COULD HAVE A VALVE PROB. ITS DOUBTFULL BUT IF YOU REPLACE EVERYTHING AND CLEAN IT REALLY GOOD YOU SHOULD SEE A DIFFERANCE IF YOU DONT AT LEAST YOU HAVE ALL NEW PARTS. IF NONE OF THIS HELPS TRY BUYING A ANS A.I.R OR A DIAMOND LABS HURRICANE VALVE I HAVE ONE AND A HIGH PERF. VALVE AND MY GUN COULDNT RUN ANY BETTER,

Sinka, please refrain from using all caps, it is hard to read.
    You are also completley wrong. Aftermarket on-off valves and reg backs do not increase preformance. They actually decrease it.
    The 8-hole mods don't do anything, but they don't really hurt, the PhaseIIs are made so poorley that they can actually expand and contract causing velocity fluxuations. The reg back is not the reason for shootdown. The hole in the middle of the reg seat, is where air has to pass through to get into the reg, it exits through those holes. You cannot increase the amount of air exiting without increaseing the amount of air entering, therefore since the stock hole is already slightly larger than the hole in the reg seat, you cannot get any more flow by increasing the number or size of the holes in your regback.
    Aftermarket on-offs do not descrease shootdown at all. In many cases they actually cause it. Aftermarket on-offs can increase bolt and sear wear, cause shootdown, and cause leaks. Some of them do lighten your trigger pull or make it a little reactive, but you pay for this with the above problems.
    Aftermarket bolts wear out faster, and the only advantage they offer is a fomie, which is offered in the AGD fommie bolt. If you want a new bolt, I would recommend waiting for the new AGD superbolt to come out.

Your problem does not have to do with holes lineing up. Also that little spring on a stick between the reg halves, make sure nothing is stuck in the spring.

I tried one of those things sinka was talking about. It didnt even work. How pathetic. PLease cut down the caps!
    StEEl Grey SoNiC Cocker.The ownage Machine
    Yellow to Orange Fade Defiant
    14in Boomstick-TI
    Orange Fade Warp/Orange-Faded Turbo Rev
    Crossfire LPR 68/4500 w/ red cover
    Black: Stickies, Lapco Drop, Macro.
    PMI 68/4500 w/ Black DYE Cover

Ï ØwÑ ÿØú

Actually he may have a point. On old valves there was an on-off top that had a + milled into the top. They did have problems recharging. Nothing like after 2 shots. The new on-off tops are way better. My Minimag that I got in 96 came with the new style.

Here I did a quick drawing of the two:

Top is new style, Bottom is old style as close as I can remember. If yours looks like the bottom one, I suggest calling AGD and ordering up a new one (it will look like the top one).

They changed the style of the tops becase the new one can be put in either way (doesn't have a top or bottom). The old one had to be put in I believe with the little x thing faceing down, and alot of people couldn't remember that. With alot of guns being returned to stores, and AGD having to tell 20 people a day on their tech line the on-off was in backwards they changed it.

I actually have the new style one.

Ok, to anyone that cares and to all the other potential problemers....please forgive the technical talk here. The problem was that my valve wouldn't recharge fast enough so I would be undershooting. 2 shots then an obscene drop in pressure. The problem was that when you screw off the brass colored peice at the front of the valve, what the bolt rides on, the spring wasn't long enough to let the gun have a proper seal. Somehow it was compressed, so all it needed was to be stretched a tiny bit and it is now totally fixed. I didn.t even know that could have been taken off or I would have figured it out. Luckily I have an airsmith that knows his minimag stuff.

The spring will probably wear out fast now. Get a new one when you have a chance.

???? NUTS

Ok enough with caps sorry its like a trademark. I stand behind the aftermarket on/off's 100% and to say that it causes shootdown is about the most assinine thing i have heared in a long time. True that the 8-hole ans or diamond labs really dont do anything but i do know that they will help lower pressure a bit because as we all know higher volume = lower pressure lower volume = higher pressure and with the eight holes you have a much higher volume then just one hole. Its a proven fact and I was the one who proved it.

The area you are refering too, between the 2 valve halves, yes the volume is changed an insignificant amount. However that has nothing to do with the operating pressure. The air before it is fired goes into another chamer in the front half of the valve. What the on-off does is it connects these 2 parts, and shuts off the flow when the trigger is back, and turns it on when the trigger is foward. When the trigger is back, the bolt is sealed, sealing off the front part of this chamber, and the on-off is open allowing the chamber to refill. When the trigger is pulled back the on-off is closed so that their is no air going to this chamber, and the sear releas the bolt at the same time.
    You wrong, and I just proved it

Failure, you are talking about the power tube spring. There is a reason AGD has switched over to a power tubs spacer setup. You can order up a fill spacer kit and never have to worry about that part wearing out again.

Oh, I thought he was refering to the bolt spring. If you still have a pt spring, then replace it with spacers.

thanks hexes, Ill ask about that when I call for my new powerfeed plug. Thanks for the heads up. Unless the hole is bigger on the second part of the valve, the airflow wouldn't change at all. One thing that I see an 8-hole valve doing is making more air available behind the second part of the valve, it still has to be fed through the same smaller hole after....correct?. Kind of how a computer works. You have the speed in MHZ, which is all of the thinking and processing but it all has to get through the bottleneck, which is the front side bus(and the ram speed has an effect but thats another story). So basically a 2ghz processor arranges data at 2ghz, but the computer only runs as fast as the fsb speed. Now that I confused many people reading this, thats the way I see this situation. You can also look at it as a balloon being filled with air. You can fill the balloon to max capacity but you can't make all of the air escape at once. Only as much as can fit out the neck.
    Last edited by Failure; 11-24-2001 at 10:13 PM.

Kinda, tho the FSB is only part of the picture when it comes to computers, there is a lot of processing that doesn't hit that part of the bus at all. The balloon analogy is better, unless you pop it.

The 8 hole mods baiscly don't do a whole lot. Maybe with CO2 it gave you a lil extra area in reserve, but so little extra. The after market On/Offs are similar. Maybe a lil help, but not much. None of the aftermarket stuff in that area I have seen have have the same open area that the new style AGD ones have. Stick with AGD and be happy.

Next time you have your valve apart. But the stick them of the little spring on a stick thing through the middle of the reg seat. Notice how much space is between the seat and the pin? Thats the area the air travels through when it first enters the valve to get to the back half. It then comes out of the hold on the side (stock valve has 1, 8-hole has 8, PhaseII has 2 big ones).

well the computer analogy is when the computer talks to the periferals outside the fsb, of course if its going through the agp it wouldn't very much matter. I also said that ram speed mattered as well. As well as the on die cache(l1 +l2). In general the analogy is correct, then again you can always find a loophole :P but you know.