Thread: Emag info.

Emag info.

I am interested in a Emag. I just have a few questions to ask b4 I get one.

1.) how long does the bolt and spring last if u use it on Emode and Mmode? do I need to to replace it every few months(depends on how much I play).

3.) how can I tell if I have the older version of the Emag and if so is there a software upgrade for it?

3.) My local paintball store has the Vertical Feed Emag I was woundering if AGD make the side feed for the Emag and if they do how much does it costs?

4.) If I do get the Vertical Feed Emag what kind of barrel can I get for it,since it only has one cnotch. Also that does the 2 wire nubbins really do make a diff by not chopping/breaking paintballs in the paintgun?

I just wanted to know if anyone know the answers to these questions. if I do get a Emag I don't wana replace the bolt, bolt spring, and bumper every few months because I know that the part kits are expensive, but at the sametime AGD is all about quality and performace.I dry fired a Emag today and I love it. I especially like the Emode it Rocks. If Anyone owns a Emag please give me some info on it and tell me how u like it. Well if anyone can answer my questions I really appreciate it.

To answer your questions....

1.) how long does the bolt and spring last if u use it on Emode and Mmode? do I need to to replace it every few months(depends on how much I play).

Not very often at all. The bolt should last for years, and the spring will become compressed, eventually, but not for a while.

2.) how can I tell if I have the older version of the Emag and if so is there a software upgrade for it?

If you buy new it should be the newest version. 1.37 I think. You can always send the gun in to have the board upgraded.

3.) My local paintball store has the Vertical Feed Emag I was woundering if AGD make the side feed for the Emag and if they do how much does it costs?

AGD does make a powerfeed E-mag. It should cost around the same.

4.) If I do get the Vertical Feed Emag what kind of barrel can I get for it,since it only has one cnotch. Also that does the 2 wire nubbins really do make a diff by not chopping/breaking paintballs in the paintgun?

Smart Parts, Custom Products, J&J, and maybe Dye all make barrels for the vertical feed E-mag. Either contact the manufacturer's directly or have your favorite store do it. Either way it's no big deal getting barrels for them. I had no trouble finding a Freak barrel for mine. The two nubbins don't make that big a difference but they do help a little.

Snag an E-mag if you can afford it. I love mine. I've never shot a gun like it.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

BunkerKing, first off, welcome to the forums. I hope you have fun on the forums and use it as a valuable resource. My E-mag is a converted RT Pro. I have been using my paintball gun for almost a year now. I have not had to replace anything in the gun, the bolt and spring show no signs of wear or tear, I play for around at least 8hrs a week, unless I am out to sea. The latest software version for an E-mag is v1.37, when you pull the pin out of the battery, as the gun boots up, the program version is the first to be displayed in the LED readout, if you have a earlier version, you can send your gun in to AGD or go to any tournament where the AGD techs are in attendance and they will be able to upgrade your program very quickly. The E-mag comes in vertical feed, the H/L and H/R powerfeeds, and the Warpfeed left or right body styles. The warp feed bodies are basically cut down powerfeeds but are made almost exclusively for warp feed use. The centerfeed barrels are harder to get, as you have to order the barrels direct from the manufacturer, all other aftermarket barrel manufacturers make their barrels to accomodate both a left and right feed variant. As for the nubbins, to my knowledge, only AGD barrels use the two-nubbin approach, most of the aftermarket barrels that I have encountered only have the notch for one. Some people say that the extra nubbin makes a difference, others do not. In my short experience with aftermarket barrels, I have several but almost exclusively use the stock barrel, I do not detect any difference in performance, in terms of chopping. In fact, since my E-mag uses both the warp feed and warp feed body, I have not chopped any paintballs since my E-mag conversion from a powerfeed left RT Pro. I hope you have fun with whichever E-mag you end up getting, but what am I saying, of course you will! Welcome once again to the family that is AO!

"The BEAST"
    "No-Rise" E-mag
    Level 10 Bolt
    AGD Flatline 91cu in/4500psi
    Black HALO B

"Red Heatseeker"
    Red to Clear Fade Freak Factory Impulse
    68/4500psi Max-Flo
    Red HALO B