Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtreem release date?

Question Xtreem release date?

I've looked through the forums and I can't find an answer. So is there any kind of solid info on the release of this marker? I know early next next but when? I mean Europe already has it, Shocktech is selling the SFL, so when is the general release here? If Europe had online sales/shipping to the US I would have already ordered one. I haven't seen any info about the SFL's having warp breaches so thats out of the picture. I've heard they are waiting for the eye to be finished, but I don't need no stinking eye.

Anyone? Some Help here......
    Thanx
    SSDD

Ok I'm going to send this up again see what happens....Also any idea about MSPR I figure it's got to be less than the 1450 BBT wants right? I would just buy one there except no warp module.

thanx
    ssdd

I'm going to up this one last time, and then let it die if I don't get an answer.

Later
    SSDD

We have held off shipping any Xtremes for the last few weeks, as we are making some mods to the Xtreme bodies & modules, for the ACE.
    The ACE is going really well, and we are just fine tuning now, and working on different versions of the ACE software for use with 2 color paintballs.
    I know you say that you don't need it, probably because you don't want to go with the center feed, but believe me, it even makes a massive difference to the Warp.
    We should have things finalised very soon, and are trying very hard for before Xmas. Then we will start shipping again. Once we are happy, they will be released in the U.S. as well.
    The Xtreme pricing for the U.S. is still being decided, but to give you some idea, the suggested retail for the complete marker should around $1,375 including the ACE.
    The upgrade package, which includes the body, 1 module and the ACE should be around $378.
    These are purely estimates at the moment, but it should give you some idea.
    I know this is frustrating because it's been a while, but we have only released them in limited quantities over here in England, mainly for beta testing, because we don't want to do the full release until we have implemented all the new features.

Thanx alot for the informaition. I'm sure the final product will be worth the wait.

Thanx again
    SSDD

It's nice to see a thread come to a final conclusion by one of the people in control og AGD production. That is why I love this place!

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

Is there any idea on what the Upgrade kit, one module, and *no* ACE would be? I'm looking into it for my RTPro and don't need/can't use the ACE.
    Potatoboy!

An interesting point

You made an interesting point. Someone told me that ACE won't be available on the upgrade package cause if you were to throw it on your mag, how would the ACE be integrated with a mechanical trigger? Interesting to think about though....also, a question...on the AGD Europe site, there are pictures of the Upgrade body, and it had the little protrusion in the front of the body like the huge battery that an Emag has sitting under it...where does this leave mag owners looking to upgrade? Is there going to be a little hole there for us to attach our foregrips to? In other words, the upgrade body looks like it is made to fit a huge battery in front...but what about the foregrip? Plus, if this fits standard mags, ya know what I am thinking?

Z-Grip+X-treme upgrade+angled out foregrip=mega mega cool!

So would this be possible? Cause if it is, its what I'm gonna do!

-Dave

The Xtreme modular body was designed first and foremost with the E-Mag in mind. So we are working on installing the ACE inside the body, so that std E-Mag owners who want to upgrade to Xtreme, can do so, including upgrading to the ACE.
    Because the RT Pro & Automag have the same dimensions as the E-Mag, this means that you can also fit it to these markers, but the initial design concept was based around an E-Mag with a battery on the front.
    If there was enough demand, then we could possibly modify the bodies to accept front grips instead of the E-Mag battery.

Ok, this helps a lot...so basically, it is designed for the Emag, which already has a battery in front, but you can still attach it to your mag, it just might look a little funky cause there is still that huge chunk of aluminum on the X-treme body that just sticks out. well, what would be really cool is to, instead of totally milling of the front or something, take it and mill it with some arrow design or bullet design in front or something..I have no idea how this would look, but it would be kinda neat to see that. I would like to see a neato design milled out of that front block...bullet shape, curves, arrow, something to make it more 'in-place' then add a little hole in the front for a foregrip...but then I don't know if you could use a z-grip with it, cause you have to have an extender to have a forgrip, and I don't know if some cool milling design could accept the Kapp-style foregrip extender. But what do you people think? Even if I couldn't have a foregrip on it, it would look sooooooooooo cool! I will try to edit a picture to show you what I mean.

-Dave

Easier way...

Just make an adaptor piece that goes where the battery would go (and uses the same attachments), but which will let users put on their preferred ASA or foregrip or extender. Then if they decide in the future to electrotransmogrimorph the gun into an E-Mag, they still have that standard E-Mag battery attachment point.

yep, that is true, it would help, although AGD would have to design it and make it. Rats, Photoshop won't let me save altered images as .jpgs, only .psd, which is useless-sorry, I can't show you my concept.

-Dave

so with ace is it centerfeed only or will there be warp feed to

There will be centrefeed and warpfeed... says manike looking at the gun next to him

manike

wooooohooooooo

The ACE will be located in the underside of the Xtreme body.
    The modules, both Warp & Center feed, will just have holes in them, so that the sensor can protrude through, and sit in the base of the breech. So if & when we introduce different modules, the ACE will still work with them.

yippeeeee

im so happy

John....

Quick question about upgrading an existing Emag to Xtreme body w/ACE... Will this require an upgrade to the 1.37 firmware that I already have? I've seen the SFL Emag picts online showing ACE options so I'm guessing that I'll be needing to send it in to get flashed.

-Evil Bob

Hey Bob,

Yes you will need to get upgraded software to allow the use of the eye. You will then be able to turn the eye on or off.

manike

Yes, you will need the new ACE software.
    We have the std ACE software finished, but we are finalising a second revision, to allow the use of 2 color balls, i.e. black & white, which is the worst case scenario. These 2 color paints would normally cause the sensor problems. If the sensitivity were set to sense black, then it would pick up the white side to soon, and cause a chop, and vice versa. The new revision has a built in delay in the software. This means that you can adjust the sensor to pick up the darker side of the ball, then whenever a ball is sensed in the breech, a very small (we're talking milliseconds) delay is added, before the gun is allowed to fire. This means that if the lighter side falls into the breech first, and is sensed too early, the small delay would give it time to reach the bottom of the breech, and so prevent a potential chop. This revision would be in addition to the regular ACE software, so you would only use it for 2 color balls. You can also turn the ACE software off completely if you want to, and use the marker without the eye.

Message for AGD

I dont mean to sound all childish and im sure u guys know this, but u do realize that over 80% of your customers dont have emags but are owners of rt pro's, rt's, or classics. So wouldnt u gear this new extreme body towards the standard mag first and then have an adapter for the emag's battery. Making a product that will only completely work on less than 20% of your customers guns doesnt seem to make sense to me. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by ZyperioN; 09-24-2002 at 01:57 PM.

Metal kids have more fun!!

Atleast wipers are good for something........target practice.

-=Proud 04 Shocker Owner=-

::::::Punishers Paintball::::::

Well i am hoping that some one will notify me when they come out. one of the retailers here in Canada is gonna try to get me one when they get released. I Thank whoe ever sends me the PM. i am sure i will hear erlier but thanks anyhow.

i dont see what the big deal is you can put just the casing for the battery on for a front grip or use the casing with a battery and modify it to run your warp or revy or something

id get all sorts of funky looks if i came to the field with an "extreme" with stock trigger frame

The Xtreme body is a high end product, which is why it is geared towards the E-Mag. Because of it's modular design, it is very expensive to produce. The upgrade package will probably cost around $300. It will retro fit RT Pro's, and Mags with the addition of an RT Pro Sear & sear pin, but it is expensive.
    Our plan is to produce an aluminum body similar to the Xtreme, but designed for Mags & RT Pro's, and without the modular concept. It would be available with either C/Feed or Warp feed, but without the modular design, would be much cheaper.

BAH!!!!!!

Who wants ACe when you have lvl 10! I'd rather have the extreme cheaper without it!

peace

those prices are great i was worried the price for a xmag would be way over 1500 and the upgrade pushing over 500 so i guess i can both get a upgrade and a new xmag next year as well.right now im using a emag with a minimag backup next year if those are the real prices i will have a xmag with a xmagupgrade backup. why you ask? cause i like letting people use my guns.
    and as for why you dont make a regular mag upgrade package first question. just answer we are upgrading the emag at this time not the regular mag that will be at a later date and time. finaly anyone wanting to upgrade there automag get a rt pro anyone wanting to upgrade there pro get a emag upgrade emag to xmag , follow the cycle dont ask to upgrade bottom to top without paying for top quality right ok im tired ending a 43 hour day very sleepy cya.
    . BoxXx
    God sent his angels to earth because he equiped his team with Emags.

Originally posted by Hemlock86
    BAH!!!!!!

Who wants ACe when you have lvl 10! I'd rather have the extreme cheaper without it!

peace

ACE is quicker at preventing a chop then level 10!

Paul.
    www.alphapaintball.co.uk
    UK Distributor for AKA
    All questions or queries
    mail me here

Improve your game Click here for PGI And WPG 2003

Originally posted by P4ULuk

ACE is quicker at preventing a chop then level 10!

Paul.
    Your probably right...But your talking $400. to not chop a faction of a secound faster. I'd rather there be an option when you buy the Extreme to get it without the ACE. I wouldnt mind have ACE, who wouldnt. But the cost isnt worth it to me.

Peace

Originally posted by Hemlock86
    But your talking $400. to not chop a faction of a secound faster. I'd rather there be an option when you buy the Extreme to get it without the ACE. I wouldnt mind have ACE, who wouldnt. But the cost isnt worth it to me.
    Once you get an Extreme the option of ACE or not, would obviously NOT be $400. It would probably be very little and therefore is worth it as added protection. With a very bad ball level 10 would not stop it being broken open, but ACE would... I now have over 28 cases of through my level 10 guns and my extreme C&C probably has 16 cases of that... no breaks yet at all (not in the barrel or the breech). With my C&C I don't even get the pinches or 'pfft' noises (unless giving demo's) as I have the ACE switched on.

manike

i wonder if they will do a standard mag to emag with extreme body that would kick especcialy if it was withen the 600 range (LOL now im dreaming)