Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fields are for Losers

Renagade/Guerrilla Paintball is Better then Going to A Field

For these reasons:
    You often have to travel 2 hrs into bumble-bill hickvill just to get there.
    You have to pay to get in
    Often you have to pay for their crappy paint which is jacked up
    You have to wait for refs to start a game
    The car ride home sucks cause your all dirtry and messing up your interior

Why finding your own paintball spot near home is better:

You can play much more often
    You dont have to pay to play
    You can buy your own paint
    You can start games when ever you want
    If you want to sit out a game to clean your gun, you dont fell left out since games aren't 45 min apart

Guerilla paintball rulz
    Last edited by MoserMan; 11-28-2001 at 07:59 PM.

What sucks about backyard bally:
    no refs
    never a lot of other players
    no air fills
    scares local people
    more dangerous (rules may not be enforced, no nearby medical help)
    hard to find land to play on
    no tech help if gun goes down (not mags of course)
    have to walk 5 miles in the woods to get there

no this isnt true for everyone, but neither is your description of normal fields. and i never had a problem of paying $15 to get to play with 20-30 other people. our backyard games were usually 3v4 or worse. IMHO backyard sucks.

why not do a couple things also:
    -talk to the field owner about changing policies about paint (maybe higher field fee to BYOP, or maybe ask him to buy less paint so it doesnt go bad, or just simply educate him on preserving paint)
    -talk to the refs about shorting waiting time. i know its an issue here but its usually because the refs are talking to a friend that dropped by and they lose track of time. whenever someone says "hey ref, can we get started?" we go right away.
    -bring a change of cloths or a sheet for your car seats

Re: Fields are for Losers

Originally posted by MoserMan
    For these reasons:
    You often have to travel 2 hrs into hickvill just to get there.
    You have to pay to get in
    Often you have to pay for their crappy paint which is jacked up
    You have to wait for refs to start a game
    The car ride home sucks cause your all dirtry and messing up your interior

Why finding your own paintball spot near home is better:

You can play much more often
    You dont have to pay to play
    You can buy your own paint
    You can start games when ever you want
    If you want to sit out a game to clean your gun, you dont fell left out since games aren't 45 min apart

Guerilla paintball rulz
    Im not even gonna touch this one....breathe UDT....breathe......
    Last edited by Webmaster; 11-27-2001 at 09:31 AM.

I'm with UDT and Restola: My local field is 3 minutes from my house, (and I live in a city environment, not hickville...It has 2 speedball and 6 wooded fields, paint is expensive there, but you can bring your own, and air is $2.00 to fill a 12 OZ. tank. So, not all experiences are the same.

-- StevoC

I have been playing renegade ball (or whatever you want to call it) for years. I also play on commercial fields from time to time, but mostly for big games. We have a chrono, CO2 and Nitro fill stations. We don't need refs cause we are all friends and trust each other. Every once and a while we will run in to a group or morons playing that have no clue how to play safe. We simply educate them. Show em how to Chrono their guns. Explain why it's important. Playing sans field can be a nice setup, but it's not for everyone.

Yeah, fields are lame. I wish I could play in malls.
    If I could only afford to set everyone up with goggles.

Ok, now you are echoing my dream. Every time I go into the Mall of America, I think "wow, this would rock for a big game!".

Fields have a number of advantages, from Ref's to fills, to having extra paint available if you run out.

Guerrilla gives us a bad rep in the media, especially if anything bad happens. That's why fields have Insurance.

But I'd kill for a BYOP field near me, everywhere I play is Field Paint Only.
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

Ahhh, I like playing fields better. My field, Top Gun, is like 45 minutes(25 when my friend drives) from mi casa. I like the field better because it sets a more competitive mood. Also where I come from 'hyper ball trees' don't grow. Nor do speed ball fields. Finding legal land to play on is scarce and if you are lucky enough to find some it isn't worth it to have to clean up after we are done. Shooting 5000 paintballs every weekend turns into a lot of litter. Its a win win situation in my eye. Playing in your backyard, you can't really judge how good you are. Playing against the same kids all the time with no variation is boring. Fields are not for losers and I think you are quite tacky for saying that. My field has 7 rec ball fields and 5 speedball fields compared to your 1 field of choice, whats dumb about that? Have mom and dad drive you to a field and play some ball.

BTW- games aren't 45 minutes apart where I play, thats insane. 45 minutes if you get eliminated at the start and its a long game, 'maybe'.
    Last edited by Failure; 11-27-2001 at 12:54 PM.

Yeah I hate playing at fields. I like to play on state land. oh wait when I was 17, I did that and we got our guns confiscated for 6 months. The DNR loves paintballers. Nope I'm gonna play where it's safe and legal, at a real field.
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

I live in THE Hickville, but I still play at a field and it is great. Rec without a field is for newbies workin on their skills, fields are the only way to go.

damn

I can't believe you posted that moserman...its like you were just trying to randomly bash something.

maybe if you trying to be funny I wouldn't care as much...but that is just such a dumb post. Fields organize pball, and help make it grow as a sport...and prevent accidents that are more prone in backyard ball.

How bout trying to play a game at your field without a ref...That's what I do.
    lookin fer IR3 or Xtreme (C&C)

black RT Mag for sale. Great condition. Stock barrel, sanded bolt, I-frame, blade trigger. Extra parts, bolt spring, internals o-rings, extra hardline, nubbins, hardline. it doesnt break balls except on ppl. asking $450.

AIM SN: Fishsauce66

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of fields. Most in my area suck tho.

Now, Paintball Sam's in Racine WI is a different story. I head down there for the Big Games and love it.

wyn1370, in Minnesota anywhere it's legal to hunt, it's legal to play paintball. We have had cops stop by once. Once we explained that we were not an invading russian force (some old lady called em all worried) they hung out with us for a while.

I was just expaining what happens in my area. Any type of air gun is illegal on state land in Michigan. Funny thing though was my friend in high school had a dad who was a park ranger, and he said it was fine to play on state land. That was up to the part where the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) showed up, ticketed us and confiscated our guns. I never played renegade again, I stick to sanctioned fields now.

Well I guess it shouw go without saying, but I will anyways. Check your local laws before you pick a spot to play.

Tho that didn't help why1370 out too much.

Guerilla paintball

Well where I come from it's called outlawball becuase that's what it is. Outlawed.

I would rather drive for the hour I do to play at the field I play at because I know that the refs and staff there know how to do thier job. Can you say the same thing about the animals in the woods you play in? If you don't like the field in Hicksville then open your own field, or atleast try.

Ok, fields rule because:
    (1) Air fills when you run out
    (2) Paint available when you run out
    (3) Tournament quality fields
    (4) Refs are there(Sometimes, even if you are honest, you can't tell if you are hit I.E. visor, head, etc)
    (5) You get to play against people who are better than you
    (6) You wont get arrested/kicked off by the guy who owns the land when he finds out that you have a "PAINTBALL WARGROUND" on his land lol
    (7) ProShop!
    (8) I get paid money to ref there
    (9) Hyperball!

My fields are like 30-40 minutes away, BUT I DON'T MIND!

ENDO!
    Oldskool

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    What he posted was obveously meant to provoke some kind of reaction. I recommend that we don't give it to him.

The field is just about 10 minutes from where i live it only costs about 10 dollars to play and all day air is 6 dollars and its BYOP. My cousin also has a backyard field so I go and play there most of the time and we normally have about 4 on 4. It is a speedball field (not in the woods) and we only have to walk less than a minute to get to the field. We have air fills there too. And a hand held chrono. So I say that there are good and bad about the field and the backyard field.
    AIM:Mag2589

i love renegade ball. that's pretty much all we do around here. we get free CO2, and we pay $4 for nitro for the day(to cover the gas cost of the guy who fills it, really, since he has to go a 1/2 hour to get the scuba filled). we pay prices for paint that are no higher than any online store(and we don't pay shipping). since we set up the games and often play on our property or places we have premission to play on, we make the rules. if they're not followed, you don't come back. we only allow masks made out of hard plastic, no flexy stuff. yes, we don't have refs, but we're a rather honorable bunch and far as i've seen, we've had no problems with cheating. the cops don't care, the neighbors don't care. as long as you do things right, you can still play renegade and do it safely. oh yeah, and the rescue squad is right down the street, so medical attention is readily available. we've all owned at least two guns of entirely different manufacture, so there's usually someone there that can fix a broken gun. if they can't, well most of us still have that tippmann or spyder that got us into paintball to begin with. there's no hiking involved to get to the playing aread. it's through a stand of trees from our 'parking area' and about 50 yards past them. typically we can muster a 8v8 game, and on occasion we've been able to manage many more(biggest yet was 15v15. that was a great day). i think making backyard ball an enjoyable experience depends on who know(for paint and gas) and who play with/against.
    Emag Black ULE(Xvalve)
    RT Pro Black Powerfeed(LvL10)
    RT Pro Black Powerfeed(Xvalve w/ ULT)
    68classic powerfeed
    "Shoebox" Shocker
    Crossfire 45/4500
    Evo II
    DYE 18" Boomstick
    Smart Parts Total Freak set
    V-force Morph

ummm i beg to differ...i've played both own field and actually field

~~~my field
    ~i own a fill station
    ~i know tech. of every gun used where we play..cept the autococker
    ~medical help is near by...
    ~and we have upwards to 20 ppl show

~~~~actual field
    ~everything above
    ~games are to far spaced
    ~some places don't allow s/f
    ~some places don't allow mulitple hits
    ~some places split the games to super guns,regular, and pump

Eric
    "Blood is foul, The Flesh dross. My Ascendance thirsts for life itself"

MY FEEDBACK THREAD

He was probably thinking, "what's the most disagreeable thing I could start a topic about?"

me

"You can only hide your lack of game with your Rate of Fire for so long." - RobAGD

Fields suck for me...
    $15 for admission
    $10 for rental/mask
    $20 for 500 paintballs
    2 hour drive on average.
    Only played six 15 minute games the whole 5 hours I was there...
    need to have parents sign wavers.

Guerilla...
    Can go play in old abandoned house for free
    I can leach off all my friends' paint
    I can borrow my friends' guns and not rent them
    I like those house games with 3v3... it includes more tactics.
    I also like how when you get shot you can just keep playing until everyone runs out of paint...there's no real outs and crap. Makes the game more fun.

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Screw malls...i always thought the greatest place to play would be an airport....whoops....shhhhhh.....maybe i shouldn't have said that...
    "To serve to strive and not to yield"
    --------------------------------------
    I AM THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER!

Originally posted by FooTemps
    Fields suck for me...
    $15 for admission
    $10 for rental/mask
    $20 for 500 paintballs
    2 hour drive on average.
    Only played six 15 minute games the whole 5 hours I was there...
    need to have parents sign wavers.

Guerilla...
    Can go play in old abandoned house for free
    I can leach off all my friends' paint
    I can borrow my friends' guns and not rent them
    I like those house games with 3v3... it includes more tactics.
    I also like how when you get shot you can just keep playing until everyone runs out of paint...there's no real outs and crap. Makes the game more fun.
    wow thats expensive!
    ive got 5 dollar field fees, inculding all day air
    half case of paint is 25, its also BYOP
    its like 20 minutes from me, and we have an air field

oh yeah, also, most places you go will make you sign wavers if your under 18
    just to let you know

Cliff
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

at my field, you sign waivers once, then you get a membership card.

backyard ball can be very dangerous and illegal in some areas. this can also give paintball a bad name. stick to the fields.

Well, all the fields I go to the wavers are one time use only... I wish the fields I went to had that membership thing...

Man some of you sound like little girls...
    Its dangerous to play on your own...oh no
    R u kidding?
    Playing on open public property doesnt work (with cops confiscating you guns ) but if you are on public property no one usually cares
    I've played in my back yard many times and the only comments I get are by my neighbor who incourges it cause he thinks I am prepping to invade afganistan

Im not trying to start contraversy im just stating what I believe

who needs refs?

Ive experienced alot of refs, not all, that dont know what they are doing and get in the way

as long as you play with people who dont try to cheat then its all good

Playing on open public property doesnt work (with cops confiscating you guns ) but if you are on public property no one usually cares
    I've played in my back yard many times and the only comments I get are by my neighbor who incourges it cause he thinks I am prepping to invade afganistan

Im not trying to start contraversy im just stating what I believe
    Ok, your back yard is what we call 'Private' property. You are allowed to play there, you own it. Public is what we call..Uncle sams back yard. Thats somewhere you have to abide by the law keepers rules or pay the penalty. In NJ a paintball gun is considered a firearm. Can be confiscated and you could get in trouble if the police think you are up to something. I called the local 'po po' and thats what they said. You see, not everyone in America walks around wearing their nifty JT spectras. Get a ball in their eye and thats a recipe for lawsuit vs the city, for not protecting them. Is it worth it to get my expensive gun taken away because I'm too cheap to afford an extra $25? My answer is no. But I'm also the kind of guy that will actually go out to the movie theater instead of waiting for the movie to come out on video tape and sit home and watch it. Don't get mad because the field needs to make a profit in order for you to play there....they don't do charity work and believe it or not they have a family to feed too.

To end this post I will quote a famous saying that I heard in high school, when I wasn't sleeping of course.
    "your rights end where my nose begins"